Chapter 14

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIV


 

     I took a spoonful of mac and cheese while trying to ignore the voice inside my head whispering 'Taehyung likes you'. The cafeteria noise sounds louder and annoying than ever. Thankfully no one tried to bother me again about Taehyung and his rumored girlfriend. But everyone seems to be talking about it that's why I plugged in my earphone since I've had enough of it.

 

“You're so lucky!”

“I know. I'm the happiest girl in the world right now!”

“Ugh. I'm jealous”

 

     I heard a group of girls chatted from the table beside mine when the music suddenly stopped and it took long enough for the next song to play to hear their conversation. I slowly turned my head towards them and saw 3 girls giggling over something. Pretending to be not listening, I continued eating after I pressed the pause button from my phone. Eavesdropping is'nt something I usually do but I don't know why curiousity kicked in me suddenly at that moment.

 

“Oppa!” One of them called.

 

     I kept my sight on my food, pretending not to hear.

 

“Omo! Chansoo-ssi”

 

     My body froze and I took a quick glance at them. He sat beside one of those girls with a bored face on. My left eyebrow hitched up in confusement.

 

“Oppa. Eat with us”

 

 

 

     Just as I was about to leave the table, someone stood in front of me and placed down a boquet of flowers. I looked up and saw Byunghun looking apologetically at me. I didn't said a word nor was he. After a minute of awkward silence, he left after handing me a note saying 'I'M SORRY'

 

You think a boquet of flowers will do? You have to work harder than that Lee Byunghun I'm no longer the girl you used to know.

 

     I crumpled the paper and threw it in the trash bin. Leaving the flowers in the table, I stormed out the cafeteria. 

 

“Ms. Kim, where are you going?”

 

     I halted by the school gate and faced Mrs. Yoon, my art teacher.

 

“Ah-Uhm. Sorry Mrs. Yoon I don't think I can attend your class later. I'm not feeling well and I think I should go home to rest,” I lied.

 

“Have you already went to the clinic? Should I go with you?” She asked worriedly. I pang of guilt hit me.

 

“N-no. It's okay Mrs. Yoon. I've already called my parents and our private doctor is already waiting back home,” I lied again.

 

“Is that so? You better be careful on your way, okay?”

 

“Of course. Thank you,” I bowed and hurrriedly went out the school.

 

It's okay Li, lying sometimes is healthy. I comforted myself to lessen the guilt eating me. And besides, ditching class isn't new to you after all. I added as memories of me and Taehyung at his hide out after ditching class flashed back.

 

 

     I heard the door creak and I nervously spun around to see who came in. My eyes widened to catch Kai walking in tiptoe.

 

“Yah! You are so dead Kim Jongin! I will call mom right now!” I threatened.

 

     He halted for a second before storming up the stairs towards his bedroom.

 

“Aish that kid. I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter