Chapter 38

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXVIII

 

 

“Hyung, is she your girlfriend?”

 

          Li's eyes widened from the little boy's finger straightly pointed at her with a very bright innocent grin on. Booya? Why am I getting nervous? This should sound ridiculously funny, right?

 

"Uhm-" Tae Hyung hesitated, taking a glance at her.

 

          Her heart skipped a beat when their eyes met. What the heck was that????

 

          A smile crept into Tae Hyung's lips before uttering, "Yes"

 

          Li snapped her sight back at him. "Wha-what did you say?" She gawked in disbelief.

 

          He lightly patted Li's head before striding away with the little boy. Both with smirks plastered on their mischievous faces.

 

Kim Chan Soooooo!!!!!!!!!! Li Eun's cheeks turned into red tomato while standing there stunned, left with confusion and ambivalence. What's wrong with him??!!! Yes he does have a girlfriend but not me!

 

          She looked down at the pile of grocery bags he forgot to bring in with him. Li rolled her eyes with a huge sigh of annoyance. Girlfriend my . If I'm his girlfriend he shouldn't let me carry these things alone. . .wait-DID I JUST CONSIDER THE THOUGHT OF ME BEING HIS GIRLFRIEND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEE????!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

          The two bowed in front of Ms. Hwang, the in-charge of the crib. She's almost 40 years old but still single. If you ask her why, she'll just answer you with a smile and a loving look to the kids. She spent most of her life in the orphanage. Like the other kids, she grew up there too until she was big enough to step out and find a job. But after a couple of years, she ended up coming back to Angel's Crib to help organizing things for the orphans. She said she can't imagine herself doing anything but taking care and helping the poor kids.

 

“Chan Soo-ssi” She smiled brightly.

 

“I'm sorry we're late. There was a small accident on our way here”

 

          Ms. Hwang waved her hands. “Oh no it's okay! You're just on time”

 

          Right then, a volunteer came in the office. “We're about to start the program”

 

 

“Yes we'll be there,” Ms. Hwang answered.

 

 

 

 

          While Tae Hyung is busy feeding a little girl, sitting in his lap, Li Eun stole a quick glance at him.

 

I did it again. She mentally knocked herself from keeping on admiring the guy in every opportunity she gets.

 

What is wrong with me? He is my uncle but why am I-

 

          She snapped out of her thoughts when she saw the little girl crying and Tae Hyung is obviously having a hard time of keeping her calm. A smirk formed at the side of her lips and she shook her head while pushing herself up.

 

“Let me,” Li said while squatting down to get the girl from him.

 

          Tae Hyung froze in an instant. Because for a second there, Li's face almost touched his.

 

          She carried the kid in her two slender arms. She may look delicate but Li is a volleyball player so it's a given that she does have strong arms. She carresed the little girl's back while humming a song.

 

          Tae Hyung can't stop himself from staring at her lovingly.

 

“BOO!”

 

          He jumped in surprise and Min Gook, the cute little boy who greeted him earlier, laughed like there's no tomorrow.

 

“Yah,” Tae Hyung uttered in disbelief. “Min Gook-ah, how could you do that to hyung?”

 

          The little boy giggled. He shook his head with a playful smile. “Noona!” He tugged Li's shirt.

 

“Oh Min Gook-ah,” Li cooed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter