Chapter 31

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXI

 

“Who was that?” Li uttered while staring at the girl's back profile who is striding away from them.

 

“She just said her name is Mi Hyo,” Tae Hyung retorted.

 

               Li rolled her eyes at him. “I don't think I'll ever have a normal conversation with you”

 

“Just stay away from her”

 

“Huh?” Li's eyebrows furrowed at Tae Hyung's sudden serious note.

 

“She's not a friend material. Don't hang out with her”

 

“Whoa chill! Do you have a grudge against her or something?”

 

“Just do as I say, okay?” Tae Hyung shot her a look.

 

               Li scoffed. “You're really something Kim Chan Soo. Why do you even bother to act as if you don't care for me when you actually do? If you're worried that I'll misunderstand, please don't. I won't. You're my uncle, duh!”

 

“Uncle,” Tae Hyung repeated the word out loud.

 

               Li shot him a questioning look.

 

               He shook his head and added, “O-of course. I'm your u-uncle” He faked a laugh. “Tha-that's why I ca-care for you,” He paused. “Because your my n-niece” He gulped big time after finishing the last sentence.

 

               Li's face crept into a smile. “I know”

 

 

 

 

               While walking towards his classroom, Tae Hyung caught sight of Mi Hyo entering the girl's rest room. He curled his fist tightly and followed her inside.

 

“Everyone get out!” He shouted angrily and the girls hurriedly did as told.

 

“Not you,” Tae Hyung stepped in front of Mi Hyo who was about to leave the room too.

 

“Okay” She smiled flirtatiously. “So,” She started while caressing his chest seductively.

 

               Taehyung yanked her hand away with eyes blazing in contempt.

 

“I'll only say this once so you better listen carefully,” He said sternly. “STAY. AWAY. FROM. LI.”

 

               Mi Hyo jeered. She was expecting this to happen of course. But she never makes a move without a plan. She will not lose easily.

 

“What if I'll say I don't want to?” She smirked.

 

“Then congratulations you just killed yourself” Tae Hyung sent daggers at her.

 

               She laughed out loud that made Tae Hyung's fist curl even more tighter.

 

“How is it? Loving someone who can't even remember who you are”

 

“You-”

 

“I feel you,” She paused, now with a forced smile plastered on her face. “I know how it feels loving someone who can't love you back”

 

“It's not that she can't love me back. She-she just can't remember”

 

“Isn't that almost the same thing?”

 

               Mi Hyo's question made him fell silent.

 

“That's why I'm here for you, Chan Soo-yah. Why can't you look at me?” She reached for his hand.

 

 

 

“I-I'm sorry. If it's not her, then it can't be anyone else”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter