Chapter 22

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXII

 

 

Is this a dream? Did I heard her right? Did she just said she's thankful to me? Taehyung thought while staring at Li for minutes in shock.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Li said that broke Taehyung away from his thoughts.

 

     He was at loss for words and wasn't able to answer Li and continued staring at her.

 

     She continued anyway though Taehyung didn't responded, “Why did you act like a jerk when we first met at school when you actually know who I am?”

 

     The question made Taehyung's lips curl into a smile unconsciously.

 

 

     He then said, “That exactly my point. I did that because I know who you are”

 

     Li's forehead creased in bewilderment.

 

     Taehyung chuckled before saying, “You didn't remember what I told you at that time?”

 

“Which one? That you have a beautiful name?” Li teased.

 

     He smiled, “At least you did remember something I said” Then he shook his head. “When I said I hate it when people treat me like some kind of a king and that I was looking for a person who will stand against me, I meant that,” He stared at her. “You were at the right place at the right time. I knew you would act that way,” He smirked.

 

     Li gasped at his confession, “But-but you le-left me there like nothing happened. I looked stupid in front of many people”

 

“Yes I did left you because I knew that if I'll stay any longer,” He paused. “I-I won't be able to stop myself from telling you who I actuallu am and no you didn't looked stupid, you looked brave in front of many people. The reason that some of them treated you bad was not just because you're the first person that ever held my attention for too long but because you made them realize how stupid they were for looking up someone who actually doesn't want to be praised”

 

“Why didn't you told me who you are in the first place?”

 

     Taehyung's eyes shifted away from Li's. He stared down at the water and said in an almost a whisper, “Because a part of me hoped that you will remember me on your own. I held unto that hope for 13 years”

 

     Li's heart clenched at what she heard, “Oh no” Her voice filled with dreary. “I'm so so sorry,” She whispered.

 

“It's okay”

 

     She got taken aback when Taehyung placed his hand on top of her's.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter