Chapter 43

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XVIII

"Your memories came back?!" Shai choked on the vanilla-flavored ice cream she was happily feeding on when Li told her what happened back at school.  

        Li Eun sighed heavily. "Not really. It was just a flash of something. I don't even know if it was just an imagination or a memory"  

        Shai gulped in nervousness. Despite her anticipation and happiness for Li getting her memories back, the fact that this means she's also getting closer to the truth behind the accident makes her mind goes blank. Now she's unsure of what to do between keeping the secret longer and finally telling her the painful memory she's better off not knowing.  

        Biting her lower lip, Shai let out an awkward laugh. "Well at least it's a start, right? Maybe your memories are coming back. Slowly, but surely"  

        Li Eun forced a smile. "I hope so. You have no idea how frustrating it is not remembering a few months of your life. I feel like an important piece of me is missing"  

 

"What's missing?"  

        The girls snapped their heads towards the dining room's door to see the intruder. Sporting off a cool entrance, one hand inside his pocket while the other's brushing his hair back, Kai winked at his sister.  

        That was before he took a few steps towards her to steal the spoon from her hand and then digged it in the bowl of ice cream.  

"Hmm" He hummed in satisfaction as the sweet taste explored his mouth.

        Li's forehead creased in annoyance. "Yah!" She bursted out. "You're so freaking disgusting, Kim Jong In!"  

"Noonaaa!" Kai whined like a kid.  

        Not satisfied with her revenge, Li stepped up her chair, grabbed the spoon back from him and bent her arm backwards, getting ready to smack his head with the spoon.  

"Ehem"  

        Li froze halfway, seeing the new intruder entering the dining room. In that awkward position, she was unable to move her limbs. Her heart started to pound crazily upon meeting eyes with Tae Hyung.  

What the heck is happening to me? Move! She demanded herself.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter