Chapter 18

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XVIII

 

"Start!” Mr. Jung shouted on cue. 

 

          Li tried to shift her thoughts away from Taehyung by focusing on the game.

 

          The task this time is to finish everything that is asked to do in every station before proceeding to the next. Untying the savagely tangled rope is awaiting on the first station. It would be much more easier if they were'nt handcuffed to each other. And even walking is not a joke. But they know they can't escape reality and just tried everything that they can do.

 

          She panicked when the consequence of losing suddenly flashed back in her head.

 

“I can't lose,” She murmured while trying to pull a strand from a knot by her left hand.

 

“I'll do it. You'll hurt your hand,” Taehyung took over the work with a worried tone.

 

          He mentally slapped his face upon realizing his mistake when he noticed Li is turning into ice again. He was even too lucky earlier when she didn't realize he's still holding her hand until the announcement of qualifiers. He has to be careful from now on if he doesn't want to see the girl running all the way home.

 

“I don't want to hear you blaming me if you get calluses,” He lied and tried so hard to shot her a cold glare.

 

          Li snickered in disbelief upon hearing the guy's reason of concern.

 

“As expected. What a jerk,” She grumbled.

 

 

          They successfully passed 8 stations without saying a word to each other. The sixth station contained the key for the handcuff in their feet and the nineth has for their hands. Li excitedly slip in the key and cheered happily when they were litterally not connected to each other anymore.

 

“2 more stations, let's go!” She unusually cheered brightly.

 

          Taehyung got taken aback when she dragged him by his arm.

 

“Wait,” He pulled back.

 

          She gave him a 'what' look.

 

“Is that you?”

 

          She laughed hilariously. “What kind of question is that?”

 

“Are you sick?” He placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

 

          Li took a step back when chills run up and down her spine. She automatically snatched her hand from his arm. His eyes filled with ambivalence.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter