Chapter 45

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XLV

“Noona! Hurry up!” Kai’s voice echoed from the living room.

          Li frantically snatched her graduation cap from the vanity mirror and checked herself one last time before darting out her bedroom.

“What took you so long? You know we’re running late why did you—”

“You’re driving me nuts Kim Jong In can you please shut up?!” She shouted while running down the staircase, sending daggers straight her brother who’s waiting by the door.

          Kai flashed a sly grin at her sister. “Sorry sis. Just excited to finally see you finish high school”

 

 

“Eomma!” Li called her mother one last time before she makes her way towards her chair.

          Her mom waved, “We’ll be watching you right here dear” She gave her daughter a smile, showing how proud she is of her.

          Li nodded in response, feeling euphoric. She can’t keep herself calm. Everybody in the room are all eager to start the program. Wide smiles painted all over their faces, especially those of the graduating students.

          She spotted Chan Soo a few feet away from her, chatting with some of their classmates. It has been a month since the school’s cafeteria incident. She was grateful to him but there’s this strange feeling deep inside her that she can’t seem to figure out. She finds him really mysterious despite of his weird actions from time to time. To Li, Chan Soo looks like he’s hiding something. Something important. For about a month, she has been attempting to figure that out. She wanted to get closer to him to be able to do it so she persistently tried to make a lot of conversations between them, unaware of what it causes Chan Soo.

          He was struggling, trying hard to keep his distance. Since the incident, he promised himself to restrain his feelings. He concluded that his love for Li no longer matters since it only caused her nothing but pain. He has been planning to stay away for a while after graduation. He badly needs to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter