Chapter 21

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 XXI

 

     That week ended with Shai going back to China. Li knew she will be lonely from that day on. She may have her family but everyone has also other priorities like her parents for work, her brother for school and grandparents too old too weak to nurse her. Shai filing a leave of absence from school to stay with her was a great help.

 

     The seniors from the camp went back to school and Li got frustrated for not being able to go too. Little did she know what Taehyung was doing for the entire school days. He would just surprise her every weekend by giving her notes from her classmates about their lessons for her entire absence.

 

     Every now and then Li and Taehyung exchange warm awkward glances to each other. Aside from giving her notes, Taehyung also became her personal nurse even without being asked to. He'll cook and bring meals for her during his free times. And he'll even visit her at his bedroom everytime she's alone and lonely. Though the two fight like a cat and dog sometimes, Li can't deny the fact that Taehyung somehow managed to melt her frozen heart slowly.

 

     For a month they somehow gotten closer. Li thought it would'nt hurt treating Taehyung as a friend finally. After all the guy has done for her. It's just right to do that.

 

 

 

     The day Li had been waiting for finally came. She excitedly wore her school uniform, slipped in her shoes carefully and checked her self in the mirror.

 

“Noona let's go!” Kai shouted downstairs.

 

“Coming!” Li replied cheerfully before walking out her bedroom.

 

 

     As they arrived in the school gates, Li caught sight of someone familiar hanging a banner at the entrance.

 

Byunghun

 

\     When the guy shifted his head towards the car she's in, she swiftly ducked to avoid his sight. Her heart pounded like crazy that she have to clench it tightly.

 

“Noona, something wrong?”Kai asked curiously from the front seat.

 

     She shook her head defensively, “N-nothing”

 

 

 

     Li let out a heavy sigh of relief upon stepping inside the school's main building.

 

What the hell were you thinking Li? What would you do if he'd seen you looking at him?!

 

 

     Her phone buzzed and she fished it out from her bag.

 

“Hey,” She said through the phone.

 

“How's your comeback at school?” Shai excitedly asked her.

 

     Image of Byunghun flashed inside her mind. “Fine. I guess,” She bit her lower lip.

 

     Shai heard a hint in Li's tone. “I'll call you again later tonight and you have to tell me everything then, okay? Byeee”

 

“Okay. Bye”

 

Ugh. How could Byunghun change my mood in a blink of an eye? He just ruined my comeback. She thought as she looked at the direction towards the gate.

 

It is because you still love him. A part of her whispered inside her head.

 

     She shook her head to erase the thoughts. Hell no!

 

     A body bumped her while listlessly walking pass by that caused her phone to slip out of her hand.

 

“Yah!” She shouted in annoyance.

 

     Li gasped in disbelief when the girl continued walking lethargically without even bothering to apologize.

 

“Don't mind that ”

 

     She snapped her head around and landed her eyes on Jae Ra, her chocolate short haired classmate.

 

“What's wrong with her?” Li asked irritately while picking up her phone.

 

     Jae Ra smirked before saying, “She got dumped by Chansoo. Serves her right”

 

“What?! Who dumped who?” She blurted in surprise.

 

“Rumors said that things started getting blur between Chansoo and Mi Hyo since seniors week. The even fumed in anger when she found out that Chansoo came back to Seoul earlier than the rest did but didn't even paid her a visit. Some people said it wasn't surprising because from the beggining there wasn't a hint of affection in Chansoo's eyes when Mi Hyo's around”

 

     Li's jaw dropped in bewilderment and shock. She didn't know what to say.

 

“And oh by the way how are you? I heard you hurt your foot,” Jae Ra's eyes landed on Li's foot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter