Chapter 7

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII

 

     T'was saturday, I was in my bedroom watching my favorite drama series. There's too many people downstairs going in and out of the house, busy preparing for tonight's party. Chansoo's birthday party. Grandma said it is the only way to make Chansoo come back to the house after moving out just before we came from China.


 

     I'm kinda excited for our reunion but of course nervous. I don't know how to tell him “I'm sorry I forgot about you just until I saw your picture in grands' bedroom then poof! our memories together came back”


 

     I feel guilty and sorry for him so much. Now that I remembered, he even gave me his mom's bracelet so I can't forget about him. But I did. I'm such a terrible friend.


 

     I closed my laptop and went for a bath. I did all my preparation. After an hour and a half, I sat in front of my vanity mirror. I smiled, mentally telling myself that everything will be alright. I stared at my reflection and thought something's missing. My jewelry box is laying in front of me, I opened it and took out the bracelet. Wearing it again after so many years doesn't feel strange. It's like it was made for me. It perfectly fit my wrist now.


 

     There was a knock on the door. I looked around and saw Kai standing by the door frame.


 

“Party will be starting in a couple of minutes,” He said with a grin.


 

     He loves party 'cause partying for him means dancing and believe me when I say he's crazily inlove with dancing. It was even one of the reasons Shai and him broke up. Get my point?


 

“Okay. I'll be there,” I replied.


 

     I walked out of my room in a black cocktail dress. I clenched the clover charm in my bracelet and took a deep breath before taking the steps downstairs.


 

     I noticed everyone inside the house are mostly aged. It is a teenager's birthday party so I wondered why there's not a single teen around. I went straight to the backyard and there I saw what I've been looking for.


 

This is party. I thought with a grin. It seems like the house was divided into two different worlds. Classical music was playing inside while loud pop music outside.


 

     I wandered around trying to figure out which one of those bunch of teens is Chansoo. It's like a hide-and-seek game. The wretched part is, I don't know how he looks like. Trying to imagine that cute-faced-kid turning into an 18 year old lad. No joke, it was like an unending maze.


 


 

     After almost an hour of searching, I gave up and slumped in one of the seats.


 


 

“Want some?” Someone handed me a drink.


 

     I muttered a thanks and drank the alcohol at once.


 

“Whoa. I didn't knew you're hard”


 


 

     I snapped my head at the gibber and almost fell out of my chair by surprise. “What the heck?! W-what are you doing here?!” I stared at him like he's some kind of a ghost.

“Partying?” Taehyung answered playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter