Chapter 26

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXVI

 

 

     Taehyung stirred from his' sleep when he felt his shoulders kept on shrugging involuntarily. He tiredly blinked his eyes in front of a familiar looking girl crossing her arms while staring down at him.

 

“Heol. Your family is looking everywhere for you and here you are sleeping on a bench outside the ICU” Shai stated, appalled.

 

“Oh Shai. When did you arrive?” Taehyung sat up while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

“I came here straight from the airport,” She answered while sitting down the chair beside him.

 

“You must be tired. You should've went to the house first.”

 

“Forget it. This is all I can do for my poor bestfriend. I'll wait for her here until she gets up from that damn hospital bed.”

 

“Me too. I'll never leave her side until she wakes up.”

 

“You really like her a lot, don't you?”

 

“Huh?!”

 

     Shai smirked. “You really thought I did'nt noticed back then when she hurt her foot? I'm not Li you know, everyone can see that you like her except her. The wall she built from her first heartbreak made it almost impossible for any guy to get near her. But you know what? That 0.001% possibility actually came from you.” She smiled. “You did broke the wall”

 

     Taehyung kept silent for a second before saying, “Forget it. It was all a waste. She reconciled with Byunghun”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You probably know his illness, right?”

 

“Oh. Yeah Kai told me” She hanged down her head. “I feel bad for hating him all this time.”

 

     Taehyung nodded before speaking. “Yesterday Kai woke me up early in the morning, telling me that Li is missing. No matter how hard I try to find her, I just could'nt so I texted Byunghun for help”

 

“You what?” Shai's eyes widened in surprise.

 

“I was right. He was able to find her. So when I went to bring her home, I saw them. .” He paused. “That look Li gave him, I could'nt stand watching them get back. It hurts so much that I drove away from them. Then the next thing I knew, they got into an accident and was brought here”

 

     Silence filled the hallways. Shai did'nt know what to say.

 

“So in other words, this is all my fault. I did this to them” Tears roll down Taehyung's cheeks inevitably while staring down the floor.

 

     Shai shuffled in her seat. “Yah you know what time is it? It's already 4 a.m. You should go home and take some rest. How could you even sleep in here?” She changed the topic to lighten the atmosphere.

 

“I'm not tired. I'm fine”

 

“Did I asked you if you're fine? I don't care if you're tired or not. I just want you to go home. I don't like seeing your face around here. You look like a zombie,” She lied.

 

     Taehyung let out a small chuckle. “You really are Li's bestfriend. You just sound exactly like her”

 

“Aish alright if you don't want to go home at least eat something.” She stood up from her seat. “Let's go to the nearby cafe, I'm hungry”

 

“Why? Is'nt the hospital cafeteria open?”

 

     Shai snickered. “Sure Li was right when she she said you're an idiot”

 

“She said what?”

 

     Shai smirked and doubled her pace, leaving Taehyung behind.

 

“Yah! Since when did you two start talking behind my back?!”

 

“Since you showed up in her dreams, idiot” She whispered with a smile.

 

 

 

     Taehyung was inside his room, preparing to leave the house when he received a call from Kai.

 

“Hyung,” Kai started.

 

“What's up?” Taehyung asked as he walked closer to the mirror to check himself.

 

“Byunghun-hyung's awake”

 

     Taehyung immediately rushed towards the hospital. As he arrived upon the door of Byunghun's room, he hesit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter