Chapter 23

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 XXIII

 

     Christmas festival came in a flash. Li enjoyed her comeback too much that she didn't noticed the time passed by so quickly. Things between Taehyung and her became warm. Even Li herself can't believe how fast their relationship evolved into something better than bickering at each other.

 

     Every section were supposed to transform their classrooms into something they want to such as how Li's became a cafe. Aside from that, booths from every section should stand in the school grounds where the main events are to be held. It is the best opportunity for students who are interested in studying at Seoul High to look around and experience the fun at the campus first hand since outsiders are allowed to enter the vicinty.

 

     The whole school is in a fuss when Li arrived at the school gates. Though the campus were'nt still open for guests but every Seoul High students are very busy in trying to make their sections outshine others.

 

     She struggled in carrying the stuffs she was assigned to bring for their cafe and booth. Banners, posters, ballons, cloths, etc. As she arrived at their booth where some of her classmates are busy beautifying the place, she handed everything she's supposed to but her agony didn't end up there because she still have to run inside the main building to bring the stuffs for their classrom transformed into a cafe.

 

     Not long later the gates were opened for the outsiders. The whole campus in and outside the buildings were swarmed with people. Teenagers, childrens, even middle-aged came to enjoy Seoul High's Annual Christmas Festival. Outside in the school grounds a christmas carolling and dance contest is held. Everyone have smile painted on their faces.

 

 

     Li jolted in surprise when someone suddenly patted her in the back while she was looking around their cafe trying to look for something lacking.

 

“Li . .,” Dong Shik started while panting, “We have a problem”

 

“What?” She blurted in alarm.

 

“The famous local singer we invited to perform in our cafe just called. He said he can't make it. Something came up suddenly and he can't come”

 

“WHAT?!!!! N-no he can't do this we had and agreement-aish that jerk!”

 

“What should we do? Most of the people came because they heard an amazing singer is going to perform here”

 

     Li shuffled her hair in frustration before darting off to somewhere to work things out.

 

 

“What's up?” Kai answered from the other end.

 

“Where are you? I need your help,” Li said between her pantings.

 

“Wait-did you just forget what I told you last night?”

 

     She stopped for a second to think. “Oh right! You're doing that christmas dance contest thingy. Ugh sorry Kai I'm currently in a situation---but I'll try! I promise! Gotta hang up now bye!” Li said in a fast one take.

 

     

     An hour passed by but she still can't find a solution to her problem. Since she's the one who contacted the singer, that made her responsible for the ruckus the guy made.

 

     The trouble made her tired physically and emotionally so she decided to go back to their cafe to rest for a bit. A thought came to her while walking up the stairs. I wonder why they didn't called me? They're supposed to call me for help now when people start throwing things and words at them for lying about the singer. Well technically we didn't lied but it'll look that way for sure.

 

     Li's ears irked when she heard something in their cafe. A mellow music playing in the background while . . “Someone is singing!” She thought out loud. Her feet automatically dragged her towards the door in excitement. As she opened the door, the music got louder and the singer's voice became clearer.

 

     She halted when she saw Taehyung sitting in front of the crowd with a mic on hand. But what made her gasp is when she realized why Taehyung's voice sounded familiar. The voice recorder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Taehyung the side of the ice cream cone before saying, “I can't believe I just did that”

 

“Me too,” Li said that they both chuckled. “But seriously, thank you”

 

“No biggies. I know you'd do the same for me,” He answered.

 

“Hah! Over my dead body! Unlike you, I wasn't around when God showered amazing singing skills”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter