Chapter 42

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XVII

 

"Hey Li! Where are you going?" Jae Ra shouted after Li who suddenly rushed her way out of the cafeteria.                                                                                    

     Li waved her hand in response without looking back. "Be back before class starts!" She hollered.                                                                                                 

"Where-was-that-," She struggled to utter in between her pants as she slowed her pace down. Standing in the middle of the hallways. Unsure of where to go, Li Eun stood there like a lost sheep. 

     The girl is still overwhelmed with the sudden flash of a memory so she couldn't focus on remembering the whereabouts of the place. Earlier at the cafeteria, as she was gazing at Chansoo's table, for a spilt second a picture flashed in front of her. It was a small pond surrounded with beautiful variety of flowers with a lone cherry blossom tree resting by the side like it's guarding the picture perfect place. 

     Li spent a few good minutes running around the campus, looking for her first memory, the proof of existence of her past, and the key for her pandora's box. She was getting tired and her time was running out. It won't be long until lunch break ends and classes resumes so she needs to make it fast. 

     Suddenly, Li Eun realized her mistake and halted her steps. "Why am I even looking for it here?" She mumbled in disbelief. "Like I'm sure that place really rests here at school or if it really does exist" She let out a sarcastic laugh, feeling ridiculous for freaking out for nothing. 

"But I didn't just imagined that. I know it's not an imagination," She argued to herself. Her hands found its way up her head and made a mess of her hair out of frustration. "Ugh! What am I supposed to do after remembering that place?" She whined. 

 

 

     Taeyong shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Taehyung was making his way towards their table. They are now inside a nearby coffee shop to talk about the things needed to be cleared, as Taehyung sugested. Taehyung, or Chansoo in Taeyong's knowledge, took his seat across the younger one and gently pushed forward the iced coffee he ordered for him. 

     Silence filled the space between the two until Taeyong decided to break the ice. "I'm Byunghun's stepbrother," Taeyong started as he recalls everything that will help him understand how things came to be they are right now. 

     Taeyong is the illegitimate son no one is supposed to know about. His father took him under his protection and sent him to the same school as Byunghun not because he wanted to fulfill his duties to him as a father but because the old man wanted to protect his name and power. He wanted to keep him close as possible so the secret will remain unspoken. Taeyong attended gradeschool in China and on his last year in elementary, he found out that his brother Byunghun who was currently a middle schooler then was taking interest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter