Compliment

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria slowly opened her eyes and stretched feeling rejuvenated. Soft morning light was peeking through the curtains of the huge window across the room. She turned to her side and saw Sulli still fast asleep. The girl was curled up comfortably amidst a pile of pillows. When she returned to bed after talking to Nichkhun on the phone, Sulli turned and sleepily cuddled with her, the girl sighed contentedly when Victoria softly cooed and soothingly rubbed her back. Sulli whimpered a very sleepy – “I love you, umma.” – before finally falling into a deep sleep.

When the movie ended they sat and talked for a bit, some of them though were fighting to keep their eyes open. They had been up since dawn that morning so Miranda declared they all go to bed. Amber and Luna opted to sleep in the already comfortable nest of blankets in the family room while Krystal chose one of the prepared guest rooms. Sulli, as always when they spend the night, went to sleep with her umma in Victoria’s room.

Victoria sat up and rested her head on the cushioned head board and looked around her room. This room was huge as per her standards, it was smaller than Miranda’s master suite but if you compare it with her room in her modest apartment you will call it grand. Miranda decorated the room with the intent to soothe away stressed bodies.

The room is painted in a calming color of soft blue with a tint of gray that in the mornings remind of calm skies and at night soothes stressed eyes. Her eyes roamed around the room taking in the feminine furniture, the fireplace and minimal decorations accenting the space. Victoria’s favorite is the soft easy chair by the picture window. She would spend most of her time reading scripts in that chair while feeling soft and yummy on the butter soft beige leather.

She slowly got up from the bed so as to disturb the still sleeping Sulli. Victoria arranged the covers around her baby before turning towards the bathroom. You have to pass through the huge walk-in closet to get to the spa like bath. A round silk tufted ottoman dominated in the center of the big white French styled room, floor to ceiling shelves line both sides of the room’s door while mirrored doors of the closets line the other side and tucked just under the window was a white Queen Anne dressing table and chair directly opposite to it is the doorway to the bathroom.

The opulence of the space intimidated Victoria when she was presented with her very own suite in this house, it took a while for her to get used to it. She tried to refuse the space but Miranda insisted and since the older girl spent her own time to finish it, Victoria finally accepted. Everything was well thought of, the ease in finding the things you need and the calming effect of the décor. Miranda argued that she has the same things inside her own suite so there was no need to fuss.

Victoria grabbed a fluffy towel and went on to freshen up before leaving her bedroom for a much needed cup of coffee, but not before shaking Sulli awake. The younger girl protested and went on to bury herself under the covers. She warned the girl not to make her come back up to get her out of bed. Sulli mumbled something incoherently and whined - "Alright!" - before she went under the covers again. Victoria issued a last warning before heading out the door. Walking down the stairs, her nose perked up at the smell of cinnamon and maple syrup. She crossed the space between the foyer and the open concept kitchen-family room combo.

Miranda, looking like a domestic goddess, was softly humming a song while chopping apples on the kitchen island and then adding then to a big blender chuck full of green leafy vegetables.On the stovetop, a griddle covered with sizzling bacon was on the works. She looked up and smiled at Victoria.

“Good morning, Dearest.” She quietly greeted.

Victoria closed the space between them and gave her older sister a kiss on the cheek, “Good morning unnie. Did you sleep well?”

Miranda nodded, “You?” she looked up to see Victoria nod.

"Do you need help with anything?" Victoria offered. She looked around the kitchen and saw the table, in the breakfast nook, set with plates and cutlery.

"No, everything's done. You can try waking them up though." She pointed towards the sleeping forms in the family room.

“The girls are still out cold.” Miranda chuckled. The two of them were always the first to wake up. Both being morning persons, they are usually the one in charge of breakfast.

Victoria walked over to the sunken family room and saw both Amber and Luna sprawled amidst of blankets and pillows. Both had kicked off the blankets she covered them with last night. She smiled and kneeled between the two and started shaking them gently.

“Wake up girls. It’s time for breakfast.” she waited for a moment before trying the action again. “Wake up you two! It’s already eight o’ clock. Time to eat!”

As much as possible, when she can help it, Victoria doesn’t allow the girls to sleep in. It messes up their body clock and makes them more tired.

Amber groaned and tried to hide under her pillow. “Five more minutes, please umma.” She pleaded.

Luna was also not interested and buried herself in her blanket instead.

Victoria would not have any of it. “Come on you guys, we can’t waste our day off sleeping.” She shook them both harder. “Come on come on come on! Unnie made French toast!” she laughed when the two suddenly sat up straight.

The two started smelling the air.

“Bacon!” Luna squealed.

Amber was already standing up and then started walking towards the kitchen.

Miranda looked up after placing the cut up fruits on the counter and saw Amber, still with her eyes closed, and walking unsteadily towards the kitchen making the breakfast table her goal. She let out an amused chuckle.

“Good morning sweetheart!”

“ ‘morning Imo!” Amber plopped herself in one of the chairs and automatically reached for a slice of bacon.

“You slept okay?” Miranda asked while pouring apple juice into the blender.

“Uh-hm” Amber nodded. might be busy but in her mind she’s still asleep.

Miranda smiled and shook her head at the girl. She turned and opened the oven door to bring out two trays of French toast and transferred it into two platters. She set them on the table along with plates of eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit. A jug of maple syrup was also present along with pitchers of milk and orange juice. Luna sat next to Amber and greeted with a perky – “Good morning Imo!”

Victoria was dragging an irritated Krystal towards the kitchen but stopped at the foot of the stairs and hollered Sulli’s name. She also followed it up with a threat. “Don’t make me come up there, young lady!”

A minute later a very dazed Sulli was trudging down the stairs. She unceremoniously plopped herself next to Krystal who was attempting to fall back to sleep in her chair.

Miranda smiled at the sight –

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter