Lucky

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nichkhun was laughing with s, the two youngest once were keeping them in stitches. They are on their way back to Seoul. The group was on high spirits since they were able to perform well at the event, now they just have to do appear at a show and they have the rest of the week off. They had been going on one event to the next, reality shows, radio programs and even cameo’s for dramas.

He was especially excited that he is going to spend the rest of the week with his girlfriend who’s also free of schedules. He promised Victoria that they are going to go for a drive out of town and then spend a weeknight with Miranda and Siwon before the actress takes off on a trip again after their Jeju Island trip for WGM.

He smiles to himself, he was really glad that Miranda and Siwon are getting really serious, they just admitted that they are now together and Victoria was so happy after that announcement that he got lucky when they got home that night and she was the one who initiated it. 

Laughter erupted from s after Chansung let out his punch line. Just then Nichkhun’s phone started ringing and he was surprised to see Amber’s name on the caller ID. He grinned, sometimes his “daughters” would call him and ask certain things from him and threaten him that they will take Victoria away from him if he doesn’t deliver, and he just usually humors them and does what they want. He smiles when he answers the phone.

“What does my daughter want now?” s snickered, he heard Junho talk.

“Aish, this guys is not only wrapped around noona’s little finger but all of f(x)’s as well.” They laughed.

They all jumped in surprise when Nichkhun started talking on the phone with a worried tone in his voice.

“Slow down, Amber. I can’t understand you. Don’t cry, tell me again, where is she?” by now Nichkhun was trying to be calm. When he heard the girl on the phone sobbing he wanted to scream. He heard Victoria’s name but Amber suddenly sobbed amidst her mumblings, he was also hearing the other girls in hysterics in the background. He was waiting for Victoria to take over the call, but try as he might at wishing, he didn’t hear his girlfriend’s voice. 

He felt a hand on his shoulders and he turned to see Taecyeon giving him a worried look.

“Give me the phone Khun; you might be making her nervous.” His friend pried the phone away and talked soothingly on the phone. Chansung was suddenly asking him.

“What happened?!  Where is noona?!” his voice was frantic. Wooyoung shushed him and told him to calm down while pointedly looking at Nichkhun, Chansung grimaced and shut his mouth but it was obvious that the youngest member was also worried.

Taecyeon was talking to Amber, “Tell me slowly, where are they taking her. Yes we’ll be there right away, don’t worry about him, we’ll take care of him. You girls get there safe, and Amber.” He paused to take a deep breath, “It’s going to be alright. Okay, we’ll call as soon as we get there.” he hangs up and turns to Nichkhun and the rest of the guys. He squeezed Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“Noona had been in an accident, they are taking her to the hospital as we speak. The girls don’t have the details yet but they are going to the hospital now to be with her.” He turned to Nichkhun, he cringed. “Sulli heard it happen, they were on the phone talking when it happened. We’ll know more when we get there.”

The van was quiet as their manager drove fast but as safe as possible, Taecyeon told him which hospital Victoria was taken. Every single one of them was praying for her safety.

 

Nichkhun was in a trance, he was trying to remember what she told him earlier, they were going out to hang out and later have dinner and then karaoke. He can still hear her voice over the phone telling him to be careful and that she will see him later at home. He sat up straight,

“No, this is not happening!” he dialed her number and waited for her to pick up; “This is just a dream, yes that’s right. Any second now, I will wake up.” He was waiting for her to pick up. “Yes, this is not real, somebody is playing a prank on me, you guys will see, she’s going to pick up the phone and tell me that she is fine.”

“Hyung!” Junho called out to him worriedly.

“Khun, stop, it’s going to be alright.” Jun.K assured him.

They were looking at him worriedly; they would hate to be in his shoes right now, they were also worried about Victoria.

When the call went to voicemail, Nichkhun screamed.

“Dammit!” he runs his hands on his face and started scrubbing his head with his fingers angrily.

“Please not like this.” he starts sobbing. Taecyeon pulled him closer and starts patting his back.

“Don’t be like this, man. You have to be strong, she needs you right now. Have faith Khun. Have faith that she will fight for you.” Taecyeon was telling him, he himself was in the state of panic, when Amber was telling him on the phone what happened, a vision flashed in his eyes, his friend is going to lose it if the woman he loves does not survive.

 

Nichkhun wants it to be true, all of it, but images of the woman who he witnessed die in front of him surfaced and in an instant her face was replaced by Victoria’s.

“No! God please, no!” he screams.

Babe, please don’t leave me. You promised!

 

It took them an hour and a half to get to the hospital but it felt like forever. By that time, Nichkhun had calmed down after talking to Jae, Victoria’s manager. Minjae drove them to the hospital staff’s basement parking lot as instructed by f(x)’s manager, the media was in a frenzy at the entrance of the hospital trying to get information not only on Victoria but the other victims as well.

Nichkhun and Taecyeon got out of the car while the rest of 2PM were going to stay back and drive to the company, their schedule was suddenly cancelled due to the circumstances, they were told by their CEO that they can’t go altogether. Chansung was violently disagreeing but was told that they have to wait for instructions. He only agreed when Taecyeon promised to call for updates.

A shaken looking Jae met them by the elevators; he silently guided them into one and a hospital staff took them up the VIP floor. While on the way Jae told them that Victoria has already being sent through a series of tests and scans but they still have to hear from the doctors.

“She is going in and out of consciousness, but they haven’t told us anything yet.” He told the two boys.

When the elevator opened, they were lead to a waiting area to where the rest of f(x) was.  When they opened the door the girls jumped to their feet looking at the door expectantly.

Nichkhun walks in hurriedly to check on them and to ask. “Are you girls alright?” he looked around frantically.

Luna started sobbing again along with Krystal, both girls collapsed back to the couch.

Amber nodded and moved towards them, “She was taken up from the emergency room for a CT scan and some other tests. We have been waiting here for updates from the doctors but nobody has come yet.” She took a deep breath; the poor girl was trying to keep it together. Amber turned to the window where Sulli was looking out of, unmoving.

“She had been like that since we arrived. She wouldn’t talk to us.” She told Nichkhun. She walks towards the other two and Taecyeon went with her, the guy tried to pacify the two. He hugs them and whispers that everything will be alright.

Nichkhun nods and walks toward Sulli. He didn’t want to frighten her so he called out her name softly. She turns at the sound of his voice. It worried him when she appears to be staring through him. He jumped when he heard her talk.

“Oppa?”

“Yes it’s me, Ssul.” He walks toward her and stops right in front of her.

“She was talking to me; she was telling me I was saying something silly. And then suddenly, I heard horns blaring and tires squealing and unnie screamed.” She was saying all of it calmly. They were all listening.

“I called her name, but she didn’t answer me back. And then a man was telling me where they were taking her. I couldn’t understand, I was talking to her, she was laughing with me.” Tears suddenly fell from her eyes and her face crumpled. Nichkhun pulled her in to his arms.

“She was talking to me, I was telling her a funny story, she laughed, like she always does to my jokes.” She said in between sobs.

The girls stood up and took her away from him, they were talking to her soothingly at first but they ended up crying too, they had their arms around each other and cried. Their manager walked in to that scene and he also tears up and walks back out.  Nichkhun couldn’t breathe; they can’t lose her, not like this. Her girls need her, he needs her. He was just about to say something when a pair of doctors walked into the room with their manager and the girls suddenly stopped crying to ask a barrage of questions. The doctors asked them to settle down, the older one started talking to inform them of Victoria’s condition.

“Miss Song suffered a dislocated shoulder and a laceration on her head along with some contusion on her torso thankfully she did not suffer a concussion, we didn’t see any injuries that will cause permanent damage. All her scans came up normal; no fractures or any internal bleeding. We already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter