Almost Flawless

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nichkhun would readily admit that he still gets star struck whenever he meets a personality he admires. Now would be one of those times. He was happily distracted by the mini reunion he was having with the rest of f(x), when he was dragged by Victoria for an introduction. He would probably reason that the severity of his situation was because never would he imagine that the day would come and he actually gets an introduction with the mysterious Miranda Lee.

 

He had seen all her movies and dramas. He admits that she has never disappointed. He is a fan. Her characters pull you in and send you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. In her film, “Renata”, Miranda’s character made you love her, cheer for her, laugh with her, disappointed, despised her and then pity and root for her  – all in that perfect order – before she made you a crying mess in the end. She had gotten a nomination from The Academy Awards for her role in that film.

 

She’s a great actress, but she has a reputation that precedes her, something that stops her from being a top star – she rejects the lead role in every project (here or overseas), she goes for the supporting roles instead. He bets that everyone would like to know the reason for her preference of the supporting role, but she has kept mum about it. In fact, it was a rare occasion when she gets in an interview owing to that she barely promotes her projects. She disappears from the public as soon as her projects end.  She is a great talent that prefers anonymity, a feat that she’s been the only one to successfully pull-off. She has been dubbed one walking contradiction - an actress that prefers not to be famous. If she had been unattractive, that would explain a bit, if not everything. But she is beyond beautiful.

 

Now looking at her up-close, there is one more reason why anyone who sees her gets gobsmacked, the woman is stunning. She has no stage make-up on but she could still take your breath away. What the public knows about her is that she has mixed ancestry. Her paternal grandfather is Korean who married a Chinese-Korean, the couple then migrated to the Philippines in the early 50’s. Her maternal ancestry includes a Spanish-French-Chinese grandmother and a Spanish-Filipino grandfather and she had managed to snag all the great genes. Her European heritage is distinctly represented with her strong straight nose, attractive forehead, prominent chin and her perfectly arched eyebrows and long lashes. But, she does not look out of place in the Asian scene with her silky raven black hair and fair skin, a slight slant in her almond shaped brown eyes, her full lips and high cheekbones. She is gorgeous.

 

Miranda was looking at Nichkhun expectantly. She had offered her hand for a handshake, now she is considering maybe the more appropriate Korean greeting of a bow may have been the better choice. The guy just kept on staring at her and it’s becoming a tiny bit awkward. She turned her gaze towards Victoria and silently asked “what is going on!”

Victoria elbowed Nichkhun and hissed quietly “You’re embarrassing me!” she then pointedly glared at him.

Nichkhun felt the jab and finally came to his senses. His ears turned an embarrassing shade of red when he finally managed to speak.

 “Oh! I’m, I’m honored to meet you, Miss Lee!” he stammered in English, blushing even more while he shook Miranda’s offered hand.

“It’s a pleasure Mr. Horvejkul.” Miranda shook his hand back.

“Please, just Nichkhun.” a flustered Nichkhun insisted.

“Okay, then I insist that you call me Miranda.” she smiles back.

Nichkhun scratched the base of his nape and nervously laughed. Victoria giggled at Nichkhun’s obvious discomfort while standing in between the two. He stealthily glared at her which only caused the girl to erupt in laughter to which the two joined momentarily.

 After the laughter died, Miranda couldn’t resist, “I saw Priscilla Queen of the Dessert just recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is Jo Kwonssi also a handful as a leader in your group? I love your songs! One of these days I have to go and grab a copy of your albums. Will you guys sign it?”

Nichkhun was taken aback and looked at loss for words. He gulped and said “But he is not our leader.”

Miranda looked confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter