Giddy

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun pulled into the circular driveway of Miranda’s home. He glances at the woman in the passenger seat beside him and smiled. She smiled back, her eyes sparkling, took a calming breath and asked.

“Are you ready?”

Nichkhun nodded. He stopped her from opening her door that earned him a funny look from her. He chuckles as he walks around to open the passenger door. She glides out and he takes her hand in his before guiding her to the front door. He was invited to a home cooked dinner by Victoria’s unnie, a promise that was made the last time he was in the home. As he waits for Victoria to open the door, he takes a deep breath before stepping in to the home.

 

Miranda’s ears perked up at the sound of the front door opening and close followed by giggling that drifted in along with its source, she smiled to herself before turning around to meet them. The two were just walking towards the kitchen.

“Hi kids!” she started walking towards the two with an amused expression. She opened her arms and Victoria walked right into them. She gave her a hug and a kiss on the temple before turning her attention at the smiling man behind her baby sister. She raises her arm and gives him a fist bump, at the action Nichkhun laughed but reciprocated. The three burst in laughter,

“Didn’t I tell you, I am getting better at it?” Miranda said teasingly.

Nichkhun nodded chuckling; he presented her a bouquet of parrot tulips in varying shades of pink and green that he was keeping behind his back. The older woman’s eyes lit up and formed a surprised “O”, she smiled widely and moved to hug the young man. Victoria laughed at the scene.

“Thank you!” Miranda narrowed her eyes at Victoria who was looking very pleased in herself. She knows that Victoria might have made it known to Nichkhun of the kind of flowers she adores.

“These are lovely! Thank you again Nichkhun.” She grins at him. “Okay, you two come and keep me company while I finish dinner.” She guides them to the kitchen island where a bottle of wine was already open. She points at one of the bar stools lining one side for Nichkhun to sit.

 

Nichkhun settled into it while Victoria went around and attempted to help but was waved away by Miranda, instructing her to pour wine for the two of them. Victoria did what she was asked and poured wine into two wine glasses already set out in the counter.

Miranda went and retrieved a vase and placed her flowers in it after putting in water. She picks up her glass and tells them,

“I hope Mediterranean is okay. I’m afraid I didn’t have enough time and I haven’t mastered the Korean cuisine, I was not keen in experimenting with it since we have a guest of honor.” She was referring to the man with a smile. “Usually when it’s just me and Victoria we attempt at a royal dish, sometimes it works, sometimes it’s just edible.” She laughs while Victoria giggles.

“I love Mediterranean food!” Nichkhun exclaims as he accepts the glass Victoria is handing him. Miranda gives him a disbelieving look.

“I do! And the next time you guys do an experiment I volunteer to be one of the tasters. I know I won’t be disappointed.” He grins at the two women. They chuckled at his enthusiasm.

“We’ll keep that in mind. Don’t complain when you end up in the hospital.” Victoria teased.

Miranda laughed, she puts her glass down and turned to the stove. “I just pulled out our main from the oven; I just have to finish the salad and we’re ready to eat.”

 

Nichkhun got a whiff of the amazing aroma surrounding the kitchen. He sat there observing the two women crowding on the stove. Miranda looked so relaxed – with her hair in a messy updo, her face beautiful even with barely any makeup on, moving around the kitchen in a navy blue cotton tunic and dark pants – as she talks in soft tones with Victoria who was getting a taste of the soup simmering on the stove.  Victoria herself has transformed as they walked into the house, she looks serene while talking to Miranda. Tonight she is wearing a comfortable combo of soft dark grey sweater and dark blue skinny jeans, the smile that never left her face just made her lovelier that no makeup can accomplish. He smiled at the scene in front of him; he remembers what he said to Victoria that one night – about them growing old and cooking in the kitchen together – and wonders that when that time comes, would he still be sitting in the same chair watching them. A lump formed in his throat when he realized he may not be, somebody else might be seated in this chair admiring Victoria, he swallowed the uncomfortable lump and focused in the present. He smiled when the two turned around laughing about something Miranda said.

 

After a while dinner was served, they chose to dine in the patio. Amidst soft lights, the table was quickly set for three, laid on the table was a platter of herb encrusted rack of lamb, a Mediterranean salad with prosciutto and pomegranate and a plate heaped with lemon potatoes, the soup was served in individual steaming bowls. Nichkhun gaped at the fare in front of him. The women made him sit while they brought out the dishes before they sat down to eat. The meal was pleasant with easy conversation that flowed along with the wine. The view of Seoul sparkling in the night added to the relaxed ambiance. Laughter was not scarce while they recounted funny stories.

“So unnie,” Victoria said, “You are going to start filming We Got Married tomorrow right?”

“Yes I am. Filming starts tomorrow afternoon.” Miranda replied, she sighed “I hope it goes well.” She took a sip from her glass; she looks at them, “How was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter