For Now

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun was prepared to hear her scream at him and demand that he stops playing around a serious issue. He was anticipating her lecturing him about being serious for once regarding a sensitive matter. He prepared himself with answers and arguments.

But he wasn’t prepared for what Victoria did next.

SLAP!!

He was so surprised, he sat up with his eyes wide and jaws open. The resounding slap she gave him left him gaping at her with shock.

“What was that for?!” he was rubbing his injured cheek. He suspects he will find a bruise in the morning on that very spot.

 

Victoria had scrambled up as soon as he moved away from her. She was seething with anger.

I could not believe the insolence of this guy! After all I’ve gone through these past few days! He has the gall to just come out and say that I am the reason he is happy!!! ME!!

“What the hell do you take me for?!” her face was bright red; she couldn’t decide whether or not she takes a breath or scream at him.

“HAH! Who do you think you are?!” she stood up and glares at him.

 

He was looking at her with caution, he stood up and he moves towards her with his hands up in front of him attempting to calm her down,

“Qian,” his voice was steady

“No! You stay away from me!” she warns him, her eyes wild, “I can’t stand you right now! I need you to leave!” she points at her door. “Now!”

“NO!” Nichkhun replied stubbornly. “I will not leave until you listen to me. You can hit me all you want , but I am not leaving.”

Victoria was not impressed, “Fine! You stay here, I’ll leave.” She pivoted and marched to her door.

 

Nichkhun had had enough. He took off after her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pressed his chest to her back and held fast. He widened his stance for balance when Victoria tried to shake him off.

Victoria found her efforts to be useless so she was considering screaming out loud but caught herself, she doesn’t want the neighbors to hear their fight. So she hissed at him instead.

“Let go of me you big jerk!” she tried wiggling away from him, “I said let go!”

Nichkhun remained silent. He is waiting until she gets tired to finally allow him to explain.

“Nichkhun!” she begged.

She sagged and Nichkhun caught her and supported her, he loosened his hold around her. He was just about to say something to her when she suddenly turned around to face him and started hitting his chest repeatedly with her fists.

 

“How can you be so cruel?! I was finally able to accept everything! I’ve decided to move on and allow myself a chance at finding MY happiness. You sick jerk! How can you do this to me!!”

She promptly bursts into tears.

Nichkhun had allowed her to attack him. He listened to her every word and at every word he was feeling happier and happier. She just basically confessed to him that she feels the same way too. He couldn’t stop the smile from forming in his face.

He started to trap her in his arms as her punches got weaker. When she burst in angry tears he tried to pull her in for a hug but Victoria slaps his arms away.

“Get away from me!” she wipes her eyes angrily, she glares at him.

She wanted to say some more savory words, she opened but a hiccup startled her. She saw how Nichkhun looked like he was ready to laugh out loud, so her face crumpled and she cried.

Nichkhun caught himself before he let out a laugh when Victoria suddenly let out a hiccup that startled her. The look on her face was priceless before it crumpled and she started crying.

He gathered her into his chest and let her cry it out. He lifted her up and carried her back to the couch. He sat down with her on his lap. He rubs her back and soothingly cooed.

“I’m sorry, Qian. This was my entire fault. I was afraid that you did not feel the same way, but I was not willing to let you go.” He sighs in her hair, “So I insisted to be your friend. I’m sorry I took so long. You have no idea how hard it was for me.”

She pushed away to look at him, “Why are you saying my lines?!” she wailed and buried her face in his neck and went back to crying.

Nichkhun was silent for a moment before laughter bubbled out from him. He laughed as he tightened his embrace.  Victoria chuckles as she moves her head to prop her forehead on his shoulder. He ran his hands on her back and brought them up to cup her face. He wipes her tears away, and presses his forehead against hers,

“God I love you so much.” He whispers to her. He nuzzles her cheek, “We wasted so much time tiptoeing around each other. I am mad at myself for not taking a chance a long time ago. I’m so sorry Qian”

“Shhh, it was not all your fault. I was afraid too. I thought you will only see me as a friend so I allowed it. I was contented being your friend, as long as you stayed with me I was happy.” She said to him.

She did not resist when he touched his lips to hers. She let out a sigh when he pecked her lips and then started nibbling her lower lip. She moved to kiss him back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter