Found

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I swear, I’ve only met her that same day. I went to visit the girls and that’s where Victoria introduced me.” Nichkhun was under fire, he was being interrogated by Super Junior regarding having met Miranda before them. Victoria was standing beside him suffering the same fate. She was defending herself from the inquisition.

“Really Qian, you should have at least told us that you know Miranda. You also did not even try to introduce us to her.” Heechul was expressing his discontent of the situation.

“But oppa, it’s not my fault that you guys are busy whenever she’s in the country and plus it’s not like I am always around when she comes to the company.” She reasoned to the man.

Miranda does come around the company whenever she needs to discuss with the management matters regarding her current work contracts. SM Entertainment manages Miranda’s contracts when she is working in Korea, a legal necessity brought about by the fact that she is not a citizen of the country.

“Let it go you guys.” Zhou Mi said in Victoria’s defense. “I have been friends with Victoria for so long and I still have yet to meet her.” He said referring to the actress. “Besides, isn’t she coming now? She must have heard you harassing Victoria so she had no choice but to come and make sure we don’t bully her baby sister. You guys better behave; I heard she is very protective when it comes to this girl.” He smiled at Victoria.

The Super Junior boys then focused their attention at Nichkhun; they were asking him about what it was like working with Miranda in the show. Nichkhun recounted how she was just like any other personality, only that since he’s a fan, he felt like she was shining from within. Victoria guffawed at his story and said that he was exaggerating. The boys told her to shut up and urged Nichkhun to continue. Victoria was chuckling at the serious expressions on her oppas but was interrupted by her phone ringing. It was Miranda, the older girl informed her earlier that she’s going to give Victoria a call when she’s about to arrive. The group suddenly turned silent so that they can hear what the younger girl was saying on the phone.  

 

“Yes unnie” she paused, “Okay I’ll come down and get you.” She shook her head and then said, “No, it’s okay. I’ll come get you.” She said and then hangs up, when she looked up, anticipating faces greeted her. She laughed and informed them that Miranda’s on her way. She told them she’ll just go and meet their guest in the lobby. She asked Nichkhun to accompany her; she refused the other guys and told them to wait up in the apartment if they don’t want to overwhelm Miranda. They readily agreed but busied themselves to make sure that the place was ready to receive their guest.

 

Victoria leaned on Nichkhun’s arm as they got into the elevator, her SuJu oppas exhausted her. She was worried that Miranda is not going to enjoy the party since the older girl prefers quiet gatherings than boisterous once. Nichkhun notice her distress, “Hey,” he said softly to her, “It’s going to be alright.”

Victoria groaned, “Ohhhh you have no idea, she hates these kinds of gatherings. She will feel suffocated and you will see how her mind is going to work overtime to process what’s going on around her to cope. She just agreed to come because she probably heard the boys harassing me in the background.” Her brows knitted in concern. “This is what I have been talking about; she goes out of her way for me, never mind that she will be uncomfortable.” Victoria made a weeping sound and then suddenly straightened up when she saw that they are approaching the main floor. She took a calming breath and then smiled widely. She can’t let Miranda see her distress, which will just worry her sister.

 

Nichkhun saw how Victoria was trying to get hold of herself in the situation. He squeezed her hand gently, “It’s going to be alright, just stay by her side at all times.” He gave her an encouraging smile. The elevator dinged open and they walked toward the building’s entrance. He spotted an onyx Escalade pulling up by the door, as they stepped out into the night, Miranda, smiling, alighted from the passenger side.

“Hi Unnie!” Victoria greeted, she ran to the arms of the older girl and gave her a kiss.

“Hi dearest, sorry it took a bit longer than expected. I made a stop along the way.” Miranda said to girl still holding her, she squeezed Victoria briefly with a chuckle before looking at the man standing a couple of feet away. She greeted Nichkhun with a smile. “Hi Nichkhun, it’s nice to see you again.”

 

Nichkhun greeted her back warmly and accepted the hand that Miranda offered and shook it. He just witnessed how the two women are with each other; it warmed him considerably how the older woman can put Victoria at ease. He saw how Victoria’s face brightened when she saw the actress climbing out of the car.

Miranda laughed at the seemingly formal greeting she is doling out to Nichkhun, “Sorry, it’s a terrible habit that I still have yet to unlearn. Next time, I promise, I will be less formal” She said, referring to the handshake. She had employed the habit when she was working with a very proper mentor back during her intern years.

“It’s nothing, a bit unusual these days, but it’s refreshing!” Nichkhun laughed. He also greeted Carol who was behind the wheel looking out from the open passenger door talking to Victoria, the other woman smiled back in return.

 

Miranda went and opened the back passenger door and started taking out paper bags marked with a very sophisticated logo.

“Unnie! What’s all these!” a very surprised Victoria exclaimed.

After Miranda handed the last bag to a very amazed Nichkhun, she turned to Victoria’s question.

“I can’t just show up empty handed can I?” she looked at Victoria with an incredulous expression, “We were looking for pastry shop when we spotted a gourmet shop not far from here.”

Her face transforms, “I just had to stop!” she clasped her hands up in excitement.

Victoria giggled at her sister’s change of disposition, her own eyes widening in anticipation.

“They just opened a few weeks ago. You will not believe it! It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter