Just Like That

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nichkhun was laughing at what Victoria was telling him, she was recounting humorous anecdotes when she was filming in China. They just finished their meal and he was now helping Victoria clean up the kitchen. The latter insisted she can do it later but he refused and went on to start the dishes. Victoria was not left with a choice but helped him by drying the dishes he handed her. She put them away and just like that the kitchen was bright and sparkling again. She looked around her tiny tidy kitchen before nodding her head in satisfaction.

She opened her refrigerator door and looked inside before turning to Nichkhun, “Would you like some fruit?” When Nichkhun shook his head, she looked in again. “How about something sweet? A cookie perhaps?”

“Not right now, Vic. I think I’m about to burst.” Nichkhun winced. He sat on the living room couch, leaned on the cushions and immediately closed his eyes. He heard Victoria chuckle.

Victoria walked over to her entertainment center, she folded herself to reach the stack of movies she has on hand. She started shuffling the DVD’s she found.

“Hmmm, would you like to watch a movie? I have nothing recent though. Let’s see.” She was trying to decide which one to play. “Oh! How about we just watch TV, huh? There might be something interesting.” She hummed.

 

Nichkhun pulled his head up and popped one eye open, he saw Victoria kneeling in front of the TV. She is trying to get out of it! He shook his head; he knew this was bound to happen. Victoria is all out when it comes to other people, but she clams up when it comes to herself.

“You’re stalling.” He accused her. ”You’re trying to distract me!”

Victoria looked at him incredulously, “Pft! -” she waved her hand at him dismissively, “what are you taking about?!”

“Stop stalling, Miss Staller.” He was looking at her intently.

“Ha! Is that even a word – Staller!” she rolled her eyes at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter