Prove

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

He laughs as she takes a tentative bite of the sushi. He watched as she chews, and held his breath as her face showed a favorable response by smiling back at him.

“This is actually not bad.” She puts down her chopsticks and takes a sip from her drink. She looks around the table trying to decide what to try next.

Siwon nodded with a smile, satisfied that she took his word and tried the dish.

Miranda nodded to herself as if psyching herself to dare and taste another raw fish. She gingerly picks it up with her chopsticks and dips it in soy sauce before holding her breath as she pops the sashimi into . She chews slowly fighting the urge to swallow the piece right away. She was never a fan of sushi when you are talking about the ones involving raw fish. She will fill herself up with tempura and the rest of the cooked ones in the menu whenever she and the girls go out for Japanese. When you’ve spent a semester learning about parasites, you will end up saying no to raw fish.

She shrugged after she swallows. She dabs the corner of with the napkin before looking up at Siwon.

This was date number one of ten. She called him earlier after breakfast. She drove to the restaurant after she dropped off her housekeeper at home. She wanted to tell him that the research was now cancelled.

 

Siwon laughs as he picks up his chopsticks, he suggested this restaurant to Miranda when she called, and she gamely agreed.

He was surprised when she allowed him to order first and then when it was her turn she ordered a pot of tea. When the wait staff left she confessed that she was not into sushi and that she already ate.

 “Then why did you agree to come here?” he said in surprise.

Miranda shrugged her shoulders, “Because you wanted to come here.” She said simply.

“We all know that when you are asked for suggestions, the first one is the one you really want. And as I promised, I am taking you to dinner; it’s my practice to let the other person decide where they want to eat.” She looks around the private rooms interior then back at him, “So, do you like, or love sushi?”

 

Siwon had to lean back and stare at her with disbelief, this woman is really different. Her way with people around her can be off-putting; she just focuses on the proper etiquette and disregards the norm. Most women would try to be coy around these kinds of situations, it being a date. But she just acts like this was a casual meal between friends.

His eyes widened in realization, she considers THIS a meal with a friend.  Aw, man!

 He needs to come up with something before she has him friend-zoned. He knows that Miranda is not famous for hanging out with men in a casual way, she is all business-like when she is spotted with a male companion, and the media doesn’t waste time trying to speculate whether or not she involved with him in a romantic way because she always makes it clear.

 

They were interrupted when the dishes were laid out in their table. The tea was poured and they smiled at the wait staff and said thank you and waited for her to walk out and close the door of their room.

The room was silent for a while; Miranda was looking at the dishes laid out with a funny look on her face. She picked up her chopsticks and started to nibble on a piece of tempura. She looked up to Siwon and urged him to start eating. That was when Siwon started to cajole her to try the food. She shook her head,

“No thank you. I am fine with these.” She pointed at the plate of fried battered vegetables.

He did not let up until she finally agreed. He hid his laughter as she tries hard not to make a face as she picks up one and brings it up to .

 

“See, that was not so bad was it?” Siwon grinned at her.

Miranda shrugged, “It was okay.” Trying her best not to shudder.

He shook his head, “Goes to show that you need to at least try it before you say no.” he levels his gaze with her.

Miranda smirks at him, “Why do i feel like you are trying to prove something?"

She hurriedly adds when he suddenly looked defensive, "Alright, I agree with you. Only-“ she stopped suddenly.

“Never mind.” She says to him but added when his face tightened, “I will tell you later, okay? Now eat.” She commands him.

Siwon was left with no choice and started his meal. They exchanged the usual ‘how was your day?’ to open their conversation.

“I was saying earlier,” Miranda paused as she takes a sip of her tea, “Do you like sushi?”

Siwon nods, “I like to have some once in a while.” His brow arched. “Why do you ask?”

Miranda looked at him as she formulates her explanation as to why she invited him tonight.

She clears , “Well, we need to be able to talk about something, I figured I’ll just get to know you and your preference while we spend time together.”

She sighs and Siwon did not miss the resignation that passed through her e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter