Careful

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria lost. She thought that playing the “her” card was going to get her out of her predicament. She cursed herself for failing to be on her guard. She didn’t take into account Nichkhun taking notice during the show last night. The reason for the reluctance that she has on the subject is because it involves Miranda.

It’s not that she doesn’t completely trust Nichkhun, it’s actually the opposite. She trusts him with anything. Only thing was, this is Miranda we’re talking about.

 

After WGM, she thought that Nichkhun would never contact her again. She has resigned on the fact that they were just colleagues on the show that got along well. She wasn’t banking on their friendship to flourish since they were always busy. He was a great guy, she admitted then and their interactions on screen were never forced. They truly had this connection.

 

She was surprised when he called her one time out of the blue to ask if she was willing to hang out with him. She wasn’t busy that time so she agreed. They spent the day together catching up after months of not seeing each other, what astonished her most was that it was like they were still doing the show, only minus the cameras. Back then after weeks of not seeing each other, they would talk while the crew set up the set, and then if they happen to be free, talk more after they wrap up that day’s filming. Their friendship extended to their respective groups.

Victoria still couldn’t believe that they were able to maintain this relationship. She wonders how time doesn’t come in to factor their friendship. It’s like they were always like this from the beginning. She knows that soon enough they will lose touch again, due mostly to the nature of their work, but she finds it comforting that somewhere out there, at any given time, she has a friend she knows she can lean on.

 

She closed her eyes and finally decided.

“Alright!” she conceded, “But!” she shakes her finger at him to emphasize her seriousness.

She stood up and started walking towards him whilst pointing, “If you tell anyone, and I mean anyone of this!” she stopped just a foot away for effect, then continued to inch closer, “I will deny everything and call you, a big. Fat. Ugly. Liar! Did I make myself clear?!”

By now she was standing over Nichkhun and was slightly leaning over him. Nichkhun was slightly taken aback and he ended up putting his hands up which found themselves on both sides of her waist. He looked confused for a moment then his eyes widened when he dragged his gaze to her stomach. “You’re pregnant?!” he exclaimed. Victoria’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Get OUT!” she screamed.

Nichkhun roared with hysterical laughter.

 

Victoria was hitting his shoulder repeatedly, because at the moment it was all she could manage.  Nichkhun had promptly s his arms around her waist, hauled her to him and buried the side of his face in her tummy, she ended up almost straddling him.

“You infuriating horrible jerk!” she punctuated each word by hitting him. She tried pushing him away but it was not working.  He just laughed harder. She was really mad! She looked down and was tempted to smack the top of his head but decided against it, she heard it can cause permanent damage.

 

Nichkhun finally subsided into chuckles and looked up to the red faced woman he was hugging. The deathly glares she was giving him could probably maim a regular guy. Good thing he was already immune to it.

Victoria succeeded in pushing him away but the moment she tried to step away from him he pulled her into his lap and trapped her in his arms. He chuckled some more. He sobered a tiny bit and tried to pacify the angry Victoria.

“I’m so sorry.” He sincerely apologized, still trying to stop the laughter bubbling in his throat. “You were so serious, I just couldn’t resist!” His eyes smiled and he crushed her to him.

 

This was one reason why he can’t gamble meeting her in public. He can’t seem to keep his hands off her. The boys had gotten used to seeing them like this, owing more to the fact that they had been openly expressing their closeness towards the end of their virtual marriage, this was not something they got alarmed about anymore. He was never shy to hold her hand or openly show his affection towards her, and she was the same. If the public saw this, they will just say that they ended up dating for real.

Victoria sharply smacked his arm. “I can’t breathe you big bully!”

He chuckled and loosened his hold on her. She huffed indignantly at him.

“How can you say such a thing?!” she painfully poked his chest.

“Ouch! That hurts!” he rubbed the injured part and pouted at her. He grinned his silly grin at her.

 “Now, let’s get back to business.” He shook her in his lap.

She sighed but finally smiled and shook her head in surrender.

She shifted from him and he let her go.  She sat next to him, tucked a foot under her and slightly turned so that she was facing him.

 “Let me say this first. You are not allowed to interrupt me.”

He nodded.

“You asked for this so don’t you ever say that I’m just being silly or whatever you men say to us women when you can’t understand what we’re talking about!” she arched her brow to him. He pretended to disagree. He gestured for her to go on.

“Okay, but you have to promise that you will keep this a secret.”

 

Nichkhun made a show of zipping his mouth shut with his thumb and forefinger and pretending to throw away the key. Victoria smirked at his actions but continued.

 

 “The reason I was upset is – “she paused. “I think…no scratch that, I know Miranda unnie is lonely!” she opened.

“What kind of trick are you trying to pull here, Vic?!” he tried to interject.

“I said don’t interrupt!” she looked at him sternly, “I am telling you now, why won’t you believe me?!” she stood up abruptly, “You might as well leave if you don’t – “

He stopped her, “Alright, I am listening.”

Victoria looked uncertain but sat back down. Nichkhun settled more comfortably on the couch to let her know that he was ready.

“As I was saying, I got upset because I realized that unnie is actually lonely.”

 

Nichkhun put up a hand, “That is the most preposterous thing I have ever heard, Victoria. How can you say that? She looks fine to me.”

 

“Well, you don’t know her as I do.” she insists,

“Do you know how we met?” without waiting for a reply, Victoria went on.

“Remember when I went to China for a show after our “wedding”, after that I was casted for a campaign.” Nichkhun nodded.

“That was where I met her for the first time. I remember her walking in to the room for the meeting, looking absolutely at ease like she belonged there. No nervousness at all, she smiled at everyone in a friendly manner. At that time I didn’t know what to do when they asked her to sit beside me; I thought I needed to curtsey. She had this air about her like that of a queen, that it would be treason if I don’t regard her accordingly. I just watched her while she took her seat, mind you I almost fell off mine when she turned to me and greeted me warmly and smiled.” She took a breath,

“When they gave us a break, she apologized to me and asked if it was alright to get an autograph, she said that she was a fan of f(x) and that she loves our songs. We started talking after I recovered from the shock.” She looked at Nichkhun, “I still can’t believe she is my friend even to this day.” She chuckled.

 

Nichkhun sat there listening to her. She has never said anything before about meeting Miranda or them being friends. But then again, most of the time, he was always the topic when they get together. Victoria has always been reluctant about talking about her private life, she only shares them to people she trusts, suddenly feeling guilty for not paying attention to her then, so he sat there and listened.

 

“She is the kindest person I know. She takes care of me and the girls so well.” Victoria continued, “Whenever I am having a hard time she is there for me.”

She was now playing with one of the cushions. “I never have to pretend to be strong when she is around. I can rant about things that upset me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter