Best

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Victoria thought that the day would never end; she was getting dizzy with the flurry of activity around her. Since this morning f(x) had been preparing for their appearance SBS Gayo Daejun and the MBC Gayo Daejun a few days after that, they had been rehearsing their performances since the day before, she was starting to hate this line of work. She is wondering if people are forgetting that tomorrow is Christmas Day.

Her body was sore after doing dance routines one after another. She was also worried for her girls. She looked around to see all four also sprawled on the floor.

Sulli groaned, “Unnie, I’m so hungry. Why don’t we have dinner first?”

“Me too! I’m so hungry I could eat a whole cow!” Krystal seconded.

Victoria checked on the other two; Amber didn’t move but said, “I agree!”

Luna sat up, “Yeah, let’s do that.”

Victoria decided that it would be best, she stood up. “I’ll go and tell oppa, you guys prepare to leave. Amber, call the restaurant ahead.” She asked the girl as she walks out of the practice room.

When Victoria got back the girls were already waiting for her outside the room and Sulli had her purse and jacket. They trooped down and piled into her car. The ride was quiet since all of them were already tired. They had a lot to catch up on for their performances since all of them had been doing separate activities. When they arrived at the restaurant, Victoria was relieved to see it almost empty, they were ushered to a private room and food started arriving almost immediately. They thanked their wait staff before they started eating.

They were just about finished eating when Victoria’s phone starts to ring, she answered hurriedly. She smiles, “Hi Unnie!” the girls also loudly greeted the caller since Victoria put her on speaker.

"Happy Birthday!" they all greeted the caller.

Miranda laughs, “Thank you my darlings! Listen, I know it’s not in a few hours, but I wanted to be the first one to greet you guys.”

“Merry Christmas!”

All five greeted her back, “Merry Christmas!”

“Where are you? Are you girls out?”

Victoria answers for the group, “Yes, unnie. Were just about finished having dinner and then we are heading back for more dance rehearsals.”

“How are you guys?” Miranda asks.

“Tired!” they said altogether.

They hear Miranda chuckle on the other line, “Then you guys are in luck.”

Amber frowns, “What do you mean, Imo?”

“Well, I called your manager earlier, first to wish him a happy Christmas, “ a pause

“And?!” Krystal excitedly urged, she grinned, she has an idea what’s going to happen next.

“And,” another pause, another chuckle, “And asked him to let you guys go early.”

Sulli squeals, “ASSA!”

Miranda laughs, “He said that since you guys had been working hard since yesterday, he’s allowing you to leave early and you can spend your day tomorrow however you like.”

The five screamed in delight, Victoria laughs as she gets back to her friend on the phone.

“Thank you unnie!”

“It’s nothing; I’m just making up for leaving so suddenly.”

“No, unnie, you had to. We understand.” Krystal said.

“Well since I promised you guys, if you’re all up to it, I had something prepared for you five at home. If you want you can spend the night, it’s up to you.”

Another bout of delighted screaming was heard around the table. Victoria smiles, her girls are suddenly wide awake; she knows that Miranda pulled some strings to get them this treat.

“Thank you unnie.” Victoria says sincerely.

“Yes, unnie. Thank you very much! You're the best!” Luna was positively bouncing on her chair.

“You’re always welcome. But you have to drive carefully; your manager said that you did not use the company van.”

“I drove unnie, don’t worry I’ll get us there safe.” Victoria assures her.

“Okay, I’ll let you go. You girls have fun! I will see you guys in a week or so.”

“Thank you again, unnie, Merry Christmas!”

They all bid goodbye after promising Miranda that they will call back after they get to the house. They were surprised when the restaurant staff told them that the bill had already been settled by the actress. The excited chatter continued during the drive, when they got to the house they were greeted by Ho Sook in the foyer and led to the family room where a giant Christmas tree was surrounded by presents of different sizes and an array of desserts were set up in a buffet table.

Miranda had called earlier asking her housekeeper to prepare the house for the girls. They all gravitated to the presents and squeals were heard, they read out names on the tags and present were passed around. Presents for their families were also found and were stowed away ready for when they leave. They decided not to stay in the house but to head home instead. So after desserts were consumed along with a glass of champagne to toast for the occasion and presents opened, they helped Ho Sook tidy up and prepared to leave. They were all laden with packages when they walked out the front door, Victoria and Amber helped Ho Sook into her car after they gave her her Christmas presents that the girls had gotten her.

Luna rode with Ho Sook since her house was on the way, Krystal and Sulli drove Miranda’s Cayenne while Victoria drove Amber home.

 

Victoria used her body to close the door of her home and sighed, finally she will be able to rest. After dropping off Amber, she carefully drove home. She deposited her bags and the stash she got from Miranda and the girls in the living room and went to her bedroom making a beeline for the bathroom, stripping her clothes as she turns on the shower for a warm soothing bath. She steps under the shower and savors the relief the steaming water was doing to her body, she stood unmoving for a couple minutes before she moved to wash her hair and finish her bath. She barely finished her nightly routine with her eyes open. She crawled into bed the moment she finished drying her hair. She was asleep the moment her head touched the pillow.

 

Nichkhun slowly opened the bedroom door to see his girlfriend fast asleep on the bed. He just arrived from an out of town Christmas event with his group. It was already past two in the morning. He was able to talk to her earlier; she told him that she and the girls were just about to leave for Miranda’s home because the actress prepared something for them. He warns her to be careful with their drive; he knows her group had been busy the past few days. They haven’t been together since the day they went shopping for Christmas gifts.

He slowly went to the bathroom to quickly shower and change into pajamas. He crawled into bed and positioned himself next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter