Red Light

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Laughter roared in the set of “Battle of the Gods”, the MCs were trying to control the situation with minimal success. Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Na Young were trying desperately to get the control back from two of the teams who’d started bickering after the teams were introduced. It’s was getting a bit violent, but the live audience was enjoying the scene.

 

After the MCs greeted the viewing public and the live audience, they gave the public a gist of the show. A teaser of the show had been broadcasted for the past few weeks. One by one the teams were introduced with their assigned names. Since the show was called “Battle of the Gods”, all the components followed a Greek Mythology theme.

 

The time came to introduce the teams; Jae Suk got a cue card from a PD. The first ones were the “Heirs of Ares” composed of Nichkhun and Taecyeon of 2PM. The two came out looking all beastly drawing screams from the audience who were mostly women, even Na young joined in before Jae Suk chastised her to calm down. The two greeted the MCs and the audience. Jae Suk commented that the name suited them because Ares was the God of war, them being manly and athletic, to which everybody agreed.

 

 Next up, Na Young received another cue card. EXO’s Chanyeol and Kai were welcomed as “Sons of Apollo”. The two expressed their delight for being the sons of the God of music and enthusiastically greeted everyone.

 

 The “Descendants of Poseidon” was next announced and actors Ryu Seung Soo and Kim Nam Gil came out looking uber cool much to the delight of the ladies. By now Jae Suk was expressing discontent since seeing that all the guests were men when Na Young comforted him and said that the next team are a pair of ladies, he brightened in anticipation since all the previous teams were good looking guys, he quipped that it might be one of the idol girl groups. He bounced on his heels like a boy, earning him an amused chuckle from Na Young.

 

Na Young introduced the “Daughters of Athena”, out came Shin Bong Sun and Jung Ju Ri. The crowd roared in laughter after seeing the two strutting confidently towards the middle of the set. Jae Suk looked like he was betrayed and loudly complained to the PDs. The two women did not react to his explosion of complaints since they were busy greeting the rest of the teams. The guys greeted them back full of amusement. Shin Bong Sun exclaimed to her partner that they struck the jackpot today, Jung Ju Ri agreed wholeheartedly and profusely thanked the PDs and MBC. After the laughter settled down it was time to introduce the next team.

 

Jae Suk looked at his cue card that was just given to him by the PD. He looked up and clicked his tongue, “Maldo andwe!” unbelievable!  He shakes his head, “Ahh Cham!” he chuckled and turned to the PD and said “They paid you to do this didn’t they!” the crowd laughed and Na Young asked what it was about. She looked at the cue card and started giggling. Jae Suk shook his head one more time and finally announced the team after someone irritatingly yelled from the back, “Get on with it already!” He laughed and yelled for the “Sons of Zeus” to come out.

 

The set erupted in laughter when Park Myeong Su and Jong Jun Ha strutted out wearing gold togas waving their hands in greeting like royals. The two gave cheeky smiles towards the ladies in the audience earning them more laughter.

 

Chaos descended when the Athena team started voicing out complaints that it was not right to insult the Father of the Gods by naming the two as his sons. The other two retaliated that how can they be named as the daughters of the Goddess of wisdom. The ladies loudly strike back that they are smart and intelligent why they wouldn’t be daughters of Athena. The crowd and the rest of the teams was enjoying the almost violent banter when Jae Suk finally found an opening and said that there is one more team that they need to welcome, they all settled down chuckling.

 

Na Young was given a cue card and she peered at it. “Omo!” she exclaimed! She looked at it again, “I thought I read it wrong! Omo! Omo!” she said excitedly. Jae Suk tried to read the card but Na Young hid it by pressing it to her chest, everybody laughed at Jae Suk’s expression. “Hurry up already!” he said. Na Young said that everybody will be surprised with this next team, “they’re ladies”, she said vaguely. The Zeus team said that if the team is just like them, pointing at the Athena team, they will just pack up and go home. Another round of laughter came from the audience while the ladies threw them deadly glares.

 

Na Young expressed that she had been waiting to meet one of them for like forever and she couldn’t believe that she will come to this show. To this Jun Ha said “Ah, she must be a sunbeanim then!” looking uninterested, thinking that the pair might be veteran artists. “No she’s not! She was in the drama that just ended a couple of  weeks ago.” Na Young countered. She smiled and said that now the show is going to be balanced while gesturing towards the teams, especially to the boys. “Ohh, you guys must have been heroes in your past life!” she giggled. She then called the “Daughters of Aphrodite” to come out while clapping her hands, the crowd joined in.

 

Jaws dropped to the floor when the pair came out holding hands.

 

Miranda and Victoria walked in hand in hand while smiling brightly at everyone. Miranda was wearing a white knit sleeveless, V-neck sheath that ended just below the knee with a thin gold chain around her waist while Victoria was in a white capped sleeved, round neck  knee length pencil cut wrap dress. They had matching high heels, Louboutin’s Galata in Eclipse for Miranda while Victoria wore Pinky. Both had on minimal accessories, plain gold earrings and thin bangles for Miranda while Victoria wore a delicate gold cuff and a pair of gold hoop earrings. The girls had their hair down in soft waves cascading down their backs.

 

They bowed to the audience and the rest of the guests. Victoria waved to the audience and smiled cutely while holding on to Miranda’s still cold hand. She looked over and saw that even though the older girl looked radiant, she knows Miranda is still nervous. This is her first variety show, she has been on a few talk shows before but never a variety show. A look passed between them and Miranda slightly nodded then smiled at her.

 

Jae Suk was beyond himself, “Omona! Miranda-ssi! Victoria-ssi!”  He abandoned an equally star struck Na Young from their podium and approached the two still standing in the middle of the set. He offered his hand to Miranda who shook it and gave him a 90-degree bow, and then to Victoria who did the same. Both girls were smiling at him.

 

Na Young also approached the two and shook both girls’ hand while gushing like a fan toward Miranda. Gushing even more when latter gave her a hug.

 

“Whoa!” Jae Suk exclaimed! He looked at them mouth agape. He motioned to the PDs who were laughing at his open mouthed expression. “I couldn’t believe it! How did you…!” He could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter