Tolerate

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You know dearest, you’re going to make everyone here think something is wrong with you.” Miranda teased the younger girl beside her.

She chuckles, “They will think you've succumbed to the pressure and you’ve completely lost it. Tone down your smiles, will you, you’re attracting attention.”

Victoria looked around a bit horrified, “Unnie!” she glares as she dissolves in giggles.

Miranda smiles, she is unsure, her friend has finally gotten a chance at a happy ending. Victoria told her about the events that happened when she dropped her off that night after they visited her WGM home with Ho Sook.

She supports her explicitly; there is nothing she could do when it comes to the girls’ choices. She had made it a rule never to meddle with their decisions.

 She has never imposed on them the rules that she lives by, the thought of forcing them the life she chose was never on the table. She just makes sure that she is always available for them, when the need for advice is required or just to listen and understand.

All she does is standby for when they need her, whether it is to listen to them rant, or in worse times, help pick up the pieces and encourage them to move on.

When one of her “daughters” went through a terrible ordeal after choosing to stand by her love, Miranda was torn between snatching her away to remove her from the horrible things they threw at her and allowing her to deal with all of it rather painfully while she just stood by her side. It was an understatement to say that she got upset; she still refuses to talk to the guy or the people who started it all.

It might be strange for people looking in, but she feels that no one is good enough for her girls; no one can possibly love them as she does. She might not be their real mom but they’re her family, and you stand by your family. It is still awkward between her and the man her “daughter” loves, but it is getting better, really slowly.

Miranda feels useless when they cry their hearts out and all she could do is hold them and give them comfort. But she still refuses to make them like her. They have this wonderful view of love, something that she doesn’t have and doesn’t want. When she sees them happy, it makes up for the rough time they went through, but she never forgets what it was like before it got better. So she is always on her toes, always on her guard.

 

Victoria was watching her unnie, when Miranda smiles in a certain way as she looks at you with concern; it usually means she is gauging your situation. She’s seen it before, with Maja and Melissa. The two had had quite what you might call a roller coaster ride for love lives, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and Miranda seems to suffer the brunt of the worst end.

Victoria sighs, Miranda will deny it but she worries when the girls are hinting at a relationship. She will tolerate it. She will appear happy and even excited for them, but if you look closely, she is already readying for when things go bad, so she worries, and she has yet to be disappointed. It’s not public knowledge, but all the guys that hurt her “babies” are banned from working with her or in any TriuM projects. She wonders if Miranda has a hand at their now lukewarm careers, it would not surprise her if it came up to be true.

“Unnie.” She gets Miranda’s attention. The look that passed between them made Miranda sigh with resignation as her expression softened on the younger girl.

“It’s going to be alright, I promise you we will take it slow. I hope you give him a chance. He is a good guy. I trust him.” Victoria tells her, eyes were pleading.

Miranda felt sorry for her obvious feelings of uncertainty, but she had already changed her mind on Nichkhun awhile ago. She thought he was different, but the night Victoria cried in her arms proved that he may not be able to protect her after all; he is after all, still just a man.

Miranda apologized with her eyes, “But I don’t.” she takes a deep breath, “I’m sorry dearest, I will understand if you decide to stay away from me. I will not hold it against you. But I stand by on what I know; it’s always great at the start, like in any story. But we all know what happens after that.”

Victoria looked at her sadly, “Unnie, will you ever give them a chance?” she asks softly.

Silence greeted her inquiry as Miranda just looks at her with a calm expression in her eyes. She smiled suddenly, her eyes all warm and teasing.

“Only when they are this adorable!”

She grins at the adorable male in her arms. The baby had been staring at her all this time, like he was hypnotized by . He gave a cute toothless grin at her smile.

“Isn’t that right, your cute-ness!” Miranda laughs at the smiling baby.

She couldn’t resist anymore, she blew a raspberry on his chubby cheek. The baby broke out in cute peals of laughter, which drove both women into delighted giggles. Miranda tried the same action again on his other cheek and they got the same reaction. They laughed out loud when he tried to copy the sound of the kiss.

They are at a party after the baby’s dedication. His mom is one of the staff of SME who got to work closely wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter