Thank you

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I was completely terrified of your character in Criminal Minds, now I basically double check to make sure I am always gracious to nurses that I meet.” Henry was telling Miranda. Some of the Super Junior members were gathered around along with some of their guests. He was talking about the time when the actress played a vengeful nurse in a two part episode for the popular series. The ending was so horrifying the critics praised her for her portrayal.

“Seriously, because of that episode I am always mindful of what I say or do to women. Only shows how dangerous women are.” He shuddered at the thought.

Miranda laughed at his action, “She was actually bi-polar, a bit unbalanced up here.” She points at her head, “She was an interesting character, I admit, I was scared of her myself. But it was fun playing her.”

They were now talking about the work Miranda had done overseas. After the exchange in pleasantries the group was entertaining her with anecdotes and it was her turn to tell her stories. Miranda admits the group was loud but they were generally harmless. Victoria never left her side and Nichkhun was also very attentive, over all she was finding the party alright.  

 

“Thank you.” Miranda said to Nichkhun as he opened the door for her. They just left the party, because Victoria is needed for a recording tomorrow they made it their excuse to leave. Nichkhun was included because he was the one giving them a ride. She settled in the seat comfortably and looked around the young man’s car. She nodded in satisfaction to see that it was clean. He’s thorough. She thought to herself. Not bad, not bad at all. She’s heard that some men make their cars some sort of an extension of themselves and she believes that a person who make painstaking efforts with his possessions treat the people around them the same way, with care. But then again, she thought, he could have hired someone to maintain the vehicle. Then i will just have to find out. She thought for a moment and then settled on a strategy.

“My lady.” Nichkhun teased Victoria as he open and held the passenger door open for her. He smiled at her giggle.

“Well, thank you, my lord.” Victoria teased back with a giggle.

The playful exchange did not escape Miranda’s ear.

Nichkhun went around the car to get to the driver seat. He was just buckling himself in when Miranda asked if it was really alright that he had to leave the party early.

She continued to say. “Are you sure you’re okay driving us home? We can just get a taxi you know, it’s not a big deal.” “No its okay Miranda-ssi. I had not meant to stay long, actually I was going to use Victoria here as an excuse to get away.” He grinned at the plan they formulated before they went up to the party.

Victoria joined in, “its true unnie, when we arrived earlier we already decided an escape plan.”

“You two came together?” Miranda asked her brow rose curiously.

“No, I arrived first. Oppa dropped me off after the photo shoot.” She pointed at Nichkhun, “He pulled in as I was about to enter the building.” Victoria explained.

Miranda just nodded to accept the statement. They set out for Miranda’s home. They already agreed that they will drop her off first. She turned her attention around the car and asked Nichkhun, “Is this a new model?”

Nichkhun looked at her from the rearview mirror, “No, I got this almost two years ago. I mostly use this when I am on my day off, and occasionally when I have a separate schedule with my members since most of the time we all ride in the company van.” He saw Miranda nod.

“Ah I see, it still looks brand new.” She said while running a hand on the leather seat.

Victoria sniggered in the passenger seat, “Pfft! Nichkhun treats this car like a girlfriend! He is very careful of his baby.” She laughed at Nichkhun. He threw her a glare before chuckling at her for sticking her tongue out at him.

Miranda laughed at their jest. I see. She smiled and looked out at the passing scenes from the car. A comfortable silence engulfs the car’s interior.

Nichkhun broke the silence first, “Miranda-ssi,” he starts.

“Hmm?” Miranda hummed a response distracted by the passing images.

“How was your filming in the States?” he asked the woman seated in the back. Victoria suddenly grabbed his free hand secretly and threw him a pointed look. His eyes widened at the mistake. Only Victoria and the girls knew outside of Miranda’s entourage what the actress has been up to in the past weeks.

Miranda abruptly looked up and asked guiltily. “Sorry Nichkhun. What did you say?”

“Ah, I wanted to know how you’re trip went overseas. I heard you just arrived this afternoon. I saw the article about you arriving at the airport. Did you do anything exciting?” He said. Relief flooded both his and Victoria’s faces after realizing that the actress didn’t hear his previous question. He smiled at Victoria.

 The woman beside him closed her eyes briefly, thankful that they were able to dodge a possible disaster. Miranda does not appreciate it when people get into her business. Victoria felt faint earlier when Nichkhun blurted out the question.

“It was alright, it was work.” She laughs, “It’s mostly consisted in posing for the camera and then acting deranged in one and then pitiful in the other. Nothing exciting.” She smiled at his reflection in the rear view mirror.

“No stunts?” he asked.

“No stunts.” Miranda replied. Interesting! She pretended not to hear his question earlier, she was taken aback when he comfortably asked about her trip in the States, a fact that only a few people know of since that project is not yet finished. Normally Victoria never talks about her to her friends. Her eyes narrowed. So, what’s so different about this one? It’s worth looking into, Miranda thought.

The conversation after that consisted in them asking about what happened during the day. They exchanged funny stories as the car sped along the highway.

“You know, Nichkhun, if we are going to continue to talk like this,” Miranda said, referring to their friendly discussion. “You might as well drop the formalities; you sound like a reporter with you calling me Miranda-ssi. Either you call me Miranda or noona, whichever you prefer.” The young man looked shocked at her request.

“Ah.. De, noona!” Nichkhun shyly accepted her directive with a bashful smile.

Victoria giggled at how his ears turned bright red at Miranda’s request. She is so happy right now. Seeing as how Miranda had accepted Nichkhun as a friend, her older sister is a stickler for formalities, so when she asked Nichkhun to call her noona it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter