Expect

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rain slowly turned into a drizzle. The café was warm and inviting, Miranda was already getting into the story she’s been reading the moment she opened to the page she marked from the last time, oblivious to the activity happening on the other side of the establishment.

A certain someone was being briefed about the meeting that is going to happen in a few minutes. He was told that he is to go and serve the coffee the actress ordered. He nodded in understanding before looking through the doors opening of the manager’s office.

He smiled when he spied her reading her book. She was dressed in a dark blue tea length skirt and three quarter beige knit sweater, looking absolutely beautiful with her hair in a low ponytail. He was observing her when he came in – he was whisked away towards the manager’s office by a staff of the show, he was not meant to see her beforehand but he already did – she was looking out the window and looking around the café calm and would sometimes smile and laugh with the crew who were busy setting up the equipment. He spied a look of irritation briefly in her face when she looked at her watch, but it quickly dissolved before anyone else can notice it. He laughed inwardly; she is really an interesting woman.

“Siwon,”

He turned to the production staff calling his name.

“Are you ready?”

He nodded. He looked at his reflection in the mirror; he had on a white dress shirt tucked into black dress pants saved from looking too formal with the shirt’s sleeves rolled up his forearms. He took a calming breath before leaving the confines of the manager’s office. He accepts the tray from the staff and walks confidently towards his “wife”. He smiled at the title.

When he was a couple of feet away from her, he saw how she smiled at the book; she was rubbing a corner of her lower lip with her thumb and forefinger. He stopped for a moment to breathe before continuing on, she did not look up as he neared so he placed the coffee and dessert in front of her, only then did she move to acknowledge his nearness. He saw how her words froze in and a flash of surprise passed in her eyes before she recovered in a matter of a second and smiled back at him brightly that he was blinded for a moment.

“Oh Hello!”

“Hi.” He smiled back.

Miranda looked around; the cameras were trained at them. She laughed and motioned him to come closer which he did, “If you’re not who I think you are, “she whispered to him with a twinkle in eye, “I’m afraid I can’t talk right now, we’re in a middle of filming.” She giggles as she motions towards the cameras.

He chuckles with his baritone voice, he looks back at the cameras before whispering back to her, “I think I’m in the right place then.” They both burst in laughter. He appreciates how she broke the ice.

Siwon clears his throat as he straightened with amusement in his eyes and extends his hand to her.

“Hi, I am Siwon Choi, your husband.” He topped it off with an amazing smile.

Miranda stopped for a moment before she smiled back and placed her hand in his, “I’m Miranda Lee, your wife. Pleased to meet you.”

They more like held hands than actually shaking hands looking at each other while they did. Miranda was the first one to recover and asked him to sit. A café staff came and set an espresso in front of him, when she turned to walk away they both watched her. When they turned back their eyes collided.

He smiled.

She smiled.

They both looked down to pick up their coffees and took a sip. Totally in sync, they both set it down.

“How did your day go?” Miranda asked him.

“Alright, I just came back from an event out of town.” He told her about the mini concert Super Junior did at Jeju Island.

“How was your day?”

The conversation went on; oddly they were comfortable enough to swap stories even if this was the second time they actually met. The first one was during Super Junior’s party. They’ve exchanged hellos whenever they pass each other in the company but it was just formal greeting between colleagues, they never actually stopped to talk. The producer let out the breath she was holding, since Siwon walked towards Miranda, in relief.

With the sun finally shining outside, they decided to go for a walk at the park. Siwon offered his arm so she took it. The couple looked liked they walked out of a magazine ad, Siwon had his hands comfortably inside his pockets while Miranda held onto his forearm; they would look at each other once in a while as they talked. They were walking along the park’s walkways when Siwon turned to her,

“Would it be alright if I ask you a few questions?” he watched her expression. Her face did not show any distress, but she did look like she was thinking.

“Sure go ahead.” She looked at him expectantly.

The camera crew was scattered around them recording their interaction. They had both asked that they don’t follow too close. The director agreed, they wanted the couple to get acquainted comfortably.

They were now walking over a footbridge over a pond; the sky was slowly turning an intense orange with a promise of pink in the horizon.They st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter