Awestruck

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Siwon was watching Miranda’s face as he blurted out his answer. He had acquired the habit after observing her at the party a few weeks ago. Watching her reactions than actually listening to her has proven to be more interesting. Her face never gives out anything except when you look closely, her eyes would sometimes betray her. She would be wearing the most appropriate expression but her eyes would flash a hint of what’s really going on her mind. More than he cares to admit, he’s been thinking about her since that night.

She just smiled with her eyes and then looked down before letting out a y little laugh. She shook her head before looking up at him saying,

“Did you rehearse that?” she arched her brow, “That was very good. Although I think I’ve heard it before.” She said teasingly.

He grinned, “Me too, I’ve actually heard it somewhere, I think it’s a line in a movie.” They laughed together. They talked some more while watching the sun go down.

Siwon suggested continuing getting to know each other over dinner. Miranda agreed. Siwon again offered his arm to her and guided her back to the café where he parked his car. He made a phone call after putting on a black dinner jacket while waiting for Miranda as she retrieved her purse and coat from her assistant. As the woman excited the café, he waited by the passenger door of his car and opened it for her as she neared. The car ride was comfortably silent. Siwon would sneak glances at the woman beside him; they both burst out laughing when she caught him.

“Would it be alright if we make one stop?” he asked her, he stole another glace at her. She nodded.

“Of course, that won’t be a problem.”

 

After a few minutes, Siwon stopped in front a swanky looking shop. The façade was intimidating, it suggested of snobbish elegance. He went and opened Miranda’s door for her. She took the hand he offered to help her out then held on to his forearm. They walked into the shop; the place was empty saved for a man dressed smartly in proper suit that greeted them as they entered.

“Good Evening, Sir.” The man bowed.

“Good Evening.” Siwon smiled at the man, his eyes was twinkling in excitement. He moved as he placed a hand on Miranda’s back and guided her forward.

“Good Evening, Ma’am.” The man in the suit greeted Miranda with an astonished smile before he caught himself and his previous serious expression went back in place.

Miranda smiled at him, “Good Evening.” her eyes moved around the space, she was not anticipating a trip to a jewelry shop. Her eyes widened when they pulled in front of the shop, she risked a glance at the man beside him but he was preoccupied in parking the car. Her mind was going a hundred hours per minute as he escorted her in.

The store was elegantly decorated amidst soft lights. The shelves were lined with velvet as they showcase exquisite pieces of jewelry.

They walked right in front of a case displaying various jewelry that any woman would swoon over. The camera crew was moving around the shop silently to capture the couple. The man who identified himself as Mr. Song was waiting patiently at the other side of the display case.

Siwon asked him for rings. Mr. Song nodded, he turned an opened a case behind him and brought out a velvet covered tray laden with expensive looking rings with varying kinds of stones in brilliant settings.

Miranda tugged at Siwon’s arm, when he looked at her she asked in hushed tones,

“What are we doing here?” her eyes searching his face.

“We’re getting our wedding rings.” He said matter-of-factly. He smiled at her delighted expression. Her eyes sparkled back at him. Mr. Song cleared his throat; he was smiling at the scene unfolding in front of him.

“This is my wife, we just got married today.” Siwon declared proudly at the older man.

Mr. Song beamed, “Congratulations on your wedding!”

Miranda blushed, they both thank the man. Siwon then looked over the tray, Miranda followed suit. Her eyes widened and formed an astonished “O”.

The rings on display were extravagant, the center stones were huge surrounded or flanked with either diamonds or other gemstones.

“Wow.” Miranda said, more surprised than impressed, “these are HUGE!” she frowned, “How do women wear these!” her eyes still moving all over the tray. All of the rings screamed ostentatious to her, she winced.

Siwon did not miss the horrified expression in his wife’s face. He chuckled, as predicted, Miranda was not like one of those women who wanted flashy jewelry. He has yet to see her wear something flamboyant. He appreciates how she down plays her looks, something that baffles the media; she has always presented herself in public – whenever they spot her – in understated elegance, an almost effortless sophistication. It is common knowledge that she could rock a bold red lip and pearls alongside making plain t-shirts chic and y.

Siwon gave Mr. Song a signal and the man then pulled out a box form the same case. He opened it before presenting it to Miranda.

“This would probably be more to your liking, Madam.” He was sharing a conspiratorial smile with the man beside her.

Miranda looked up at him before giving the box her full attention.  She unknowingly held her breath as her eyes found the ring, her face breaking into delighted smile. Siwon, pleased, smiled at the beautiful show of emotions that was playing on her face.

The dark blue velvet was proudly showing off a brilliant round cut two and a half carat diamond delicately cradled in a tapered band bead-set with tiny diamonds halfway around the ring.

“Oh it’s so beautiful!” she gasped. She moved her hand to reach toward the box, but it stopped midair. She turned to Siwon, her face suddenly neutral.

“We should just get simple bands, this one looks too sumptuous,” she told him while pointing at the box, “What do you think?” she looked up at him.

Miranda was worried that it would be too expensive, plus she was not sure if the show would pay for the ring, she was not informed about these things. The ring in the box was calling her name, but she resisted, she might just have to pull Mr. Song aside later and have him set the ring aside for her to purchase. She made a mental note to get Carol to do the proper arrangements.  She has no problems purchasing her own diamond ring and this particular one was seducing her from the moment she set her eyes on it, and she is not planning to resist her.

Siwon just smiled indulgently at her, he turned her back around to face the ring and set his arm around her waist so she wasn’t able to make any more movements.

“But this belongs to you, Madam.” Mr. Song was pushing the box towards Miranda after taking away the offending tray.

Miranda looked bewildered at his statement, she was just about to say yes the ring definitely belongs to her since she’s planned to purchase it, but stopped when she saw the men were sharing a certain kind of smile.

“It does?!” she moved her head to face Siwon, trying to make sense of the situation. The man just gave her one of his amazing smiles.

“It’s yours, look.” He made her turn back on the ring then proceeded to pick it out of its velvet confines and turned it so she could see the engraving on it.

Miranda still had the puzzled look in her face when she looked closely at the ring. Her eyes widened at the etched initials of their names joined by a tiny diamond on the inside of the ring. Her hands went up to cover the shock displayed by her jaw dropping.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter