Fine

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“How have you been?” Miranda sneaked a glance at Victoria.

They were on a late afternoon ride enjoying the views around the ranch. Victoria was astride Tsar while Miranda was on her favorite stallion, Socrates. When Miranda arrived earlier she found Victoria busy with the foals, she was informed that the younger girl had been up early every day since she arrived to help tend to the horses. She would take Tsar for a morning and a late afternoon ride and also help groom the other horses.

They let the horses walk leisurely so they are able to enjoy the breeze and the fading light.The sky was promising a gorgeous sunset so they are now aiming to reach the cliff to see it.

“I’m great!” Victoria smiled at her brightly.

They stopped by a huge oak tree and tied the horses a few feet away so they can graze and chose a spot to sit on while they enjoy the sunset.

“That’s good to hear. Roberto told me you kept yourself busy these past few days.” Miranda watched Victoria as the younger girl tried to find a comfortable spot before settling down. Victoria has acquired a healthy coloring; she was a bit pale when she left for Singapore, now she has a bit of glow on her face.

Victoria giggled, “I bet he was trying to tell you that I was being a nuisance. I was all over them the first day trying to help. They delegated me with brushing Tsar’s coat to keep me away on the first day.” she turned and beamed at Miranda, “Did you see the babies?! Aren’t they cute! I’ve named them Patch and Lucy. I named her Lucy because of the diamond shape on her forehead, I realized it wasn’t a star and then Patch because he looks like he’s got an eye patch!” she giggled some more.

“Oh I hope I don’t have to go back,” she pouted, then suddenly her eyes lit up, “Unnie, if you hire me here to work I will take it!” she laughed.

Miranda chuckled at her suggestion, “I’m not sure Roberto wants an apprentice right now! And besides you don’t need my permission, if you want to stay here we can always arrange that. I can get you work here too; you just have to figure out your contract with SM.” She eyed her in amusement.

“Yeah? You know you’re right; I really don’t need to be in Seoul all the time. I can go there when I have a project to do then come back.” She laughed.

Miranda shook her head but decided to humor her some more, “Tell me when you’ve decided, I can make all the calls.” She chuckled but suddenly turned serious.

“Are you sure that you’re alright?” her tone serious.

Victoria looked ahead and sighed, “Yes unnie, I’m fine now. I just needed to regroup that’s all.” She said in a quiet voice then she spread her arms and grinned, “I’m good as new.”

“Dearest, you know you don’t have to convince me, I’m not going to prod if you don’t want to, I just want to remind you that I am right here, like always.” Miranda said in a soft tone.

Victoria moved closer and leaned on the older woman, “I know unnie, I know.” She closed her eyes and snuggled closer.

Miranda wrapped her arms around the girl and sighed. “I trust you.”

Victoria hummed a response and continued to hug Miranda back. It’s amazing really how the older woman suddenly knows things even without being told. She didn’t tell Miranda of how she felt after the rumors came out, she still has to admit to her her feelings for Nichkhun, but somehow she doesn’t have to. She wants to absorb all the warmth from her, the security she feels when she’s around Miranda is so soothing she doesn’t ever want to move from that spot.

“Are you going to let him know?” Miranda was looking ahead at the sunset, she felt Victoria stiffen for a moment before sagging back down in her arms.

“No, I don’t think so.” Victoria sighed.

Miranda shifted so she can look at Victoria before she added, “And why not?”

“He doesn’t think of me more than a friend. So it wouldn’t be wise. It would just make it awkward between us.” She looked down; she wanted to avoid Miranda who was intently looking at her.

“Are you sure that’s all he feels towards you? Just a close friendship, nothing more?” Miranda asks.

“I’m sure. We evolved from being colleagues to friends while on that show. He doesn’t treat me any different from his other friends.” She snuggled back to her arms and Miranda lets her.

“Alright, if you say so I will let it go.”

Miranda closes her eyes with resignation. She needs to stop before Victoria becomes too defensive with her. All her responses just proved her right; Victoria has more than friendly feeling s for her friend and will keep it bottled up for fear of losing that relationship. She couldn’t give her an advice since she’s not really experienced in this department. Honestly, she would do the same thing, run away and pretend it’s no big deal, but Victoria is not her. She does not want to meddle in this for fear of messing it up more, she has no clue on what to do, but she has to find a way to help. if Victoria insists on making her feeling unknown, then maybe she can help her move on from it or…

A thought suddenly occurred; Maybe I can ask him to help. He doesn’t need to know the details; I can pretend the problem is mine. Miranda smiled and tightened her hold on Victoria, Maybe I can fix this.

They decided to go back before it gets totally dark. The horses were deposited to the groomsmen before the two walked back to the Spanish style ranch house. They were greeted by Maja who drove back with Melissa after the latter finished her recording in the city. The hour and a half drive did not tire the two. Dinner was served on the verandah and the foursome enjoyed catching up with each other, the conversation would sometimes turn serious for a while before laughter takes over. The clock struck midnight before any of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter