Preparation

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Victoria was pushing her grocery cart towards the meat section of the store when her phone started ringing. She looked at the display before accepting the call.

“Hmm?’ she answered distractedly. She was looking for her preferred cut of pork.

“Where are you now?” Nichkhun asked from the other line.

“I’m still at the grocery, I am halfway done.” She smiled at the butcher behind the counter and pointed at the tray of pork tenderloin, “Hold on a second.” She said to the phone and pressed it to her chest and politely told the butcher how much she wanted and that she wanted it cut for sweet and sour pork. The butcher nodded and went on to fill her order.

“Sorry I needed to tell the butcher what I needed.” She went back to Nichkhun.

“That’s ok. Don’t buy so much. The boys will eat whatever it is you make, you don’t have to make a lot.” Nichkhun said on the line. He initially suggested they just order food from a pizza place but Victoria refused. She promised to cook for the boys so that’s what’s going to happen, end of discussion.

“Alright, I got it.” Victoria told him so that he stops nagging. “Are you guys done with the photo shoot?”

“Almost, they still need to take individual shots of Wooyoung and Junho and then as a group and then we’re done.” He assured her.

2PM is in the midst of preparations for their comeback. They have been up since early this morning for the photo shoot. Thankfully after that they get the rest of the day off. Victoria offered to make them lunch today so they are going to meet her at Nichkhun’s apartment after the shoot.

“Okay, I will see you then. Call me when you’re about to arrive okay?” Victoria needed to get off the phone so she can finish her shopping.

“Okay, but call me if you have any trouble at all.” Nichkhun reminded her.

Victoria rolled her eyes, “Yes, yes. Bye now.”

“Bye, see you later.” Nichkhun hang up.

Victoria took a deep breath to focus, looked at her cart and the list in her hand. She still needed to get spices and then last stop will be the produce section for the fruits and vegetables. After filling her cart with what she needed, she proceeded to check out.

Victoria only had less than 3 hours to cook, so she hurried to load her car and then drove towards Nichkhun’s apartment. She took the bags from her trunk and walked toward the elevators. The place was chosen because it was larger than her apartment. Nichkhun gave her the password for his unit so she had no trouble getting in.

She took the time to look around his space – it was a two bedroom unit that had an open concept kitchen and living room area – before taking over the kitchen. She took off her jacket and placed it along with her purse in Nichkhun’s room, the reason she knows it is that the other room was being used as a music room. She found an apron in one of the cupboards, tied it around her waist securely and then secured her hair in a ponytail before starting lunch.

 

2PM were on their way to Nichkhun’s place, the boys were excitedly anticipating today’s lunch. They have been waiting for this since Victoria informed them that she will be able to visit with them. The van was filled with loud chatter.

“Man, I can’t wait. What do you think noona made today?” Chansung said excitedly.

“I have no idea but whatever it is, it will be good. She has never disappointed us before.” Junho replied back.

Nichkhun was trying to contact Victoria but could not reach her. They were now driving into the basement parking lot. He was getting worried, she normally answers her phone right away but he has already tried three times but still no answer. The moment the van stopped, he leapt out. He told the guys that he was going to go ahead since Victoria’s not answering her phone. The guys loudly protested but he ignored them and ran towards the elevator. His heart was pounding in his chest, he opened his apartment and was greeted with music and mouthwatering smell of food. He quickly went into the kitchen but stopped in his tracks when he saw Victoria’s back towards him stirring something on the stove. He realized he was holding his breath when it all suddenly whooshed out of his lungs in relief.

Victoria was humming along with the music; she was almost done with the soup. She was very pleased with herself; she had managed to prepare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter