Happy

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria was smiling when she opened her eyes, she just had a wonderful dream that she oddly does not remember but what she knows is that it made her happy. The warmth she was feeling was soothing her back to sleep, she moved to stretch but stopped when she felt movement next to her. She had totally forgotten that she has a bed mate; she looked at the sleeping form of the man beside her. Nichkhun was on his side facing her.

Victoria smiled as she studied his features. His face was calm and almost smiling, she moved her hand to touch his brows but stop a few millimeters away from it. She let her finger tips hover over them as she slowly pretends to trace their shape then move towards his nose and lips. She puts her hand down and sighs. She snuggles back into her pillow as she continues to watch him with sad eyes. She closes her eyes and forced herself calm her pounding heart. She allowed a few moments to herself before she decided that she needs to get up and put some distance between them.

She slowly moved under the blankets so as not to disturb him, she grits her teeth as she moves sideways. Her eyes were trained to his face once in a while to make sure that she does not wake him up; she was just about to congratulate herself for doing a good job when Nichkhun moved to reach for her, she froze.

His arm stretched out and found her waist and pulled her toward him. He made a sleepy sound as he nuzzled into her neck. All the while Victoria made herself relax but held her breath; she slowly let it out when Nichkhun appeared to be sleeping again. She mentally counted to ten before trying again. She inserted her arm underneath the one he put around her waist and slowly tried to lift it up. She got startled when Nichkhun suddenly talked, his voice sleepy but gruff.

“Stop moving woman! Let me get some more sleep. It’s too early.” and to make himself clear of his intentions he moved so that Victoria was pressed to him closer than before and threw his leg over her. She found herself tucked into his chest; she winced at her position. She decided she had enough. She calls his name softly,

“Khun, I need to get up. I have a radio show to go to this morning I need to prepare.” she pats his arm. She laughs softly as he grunts in response but did not move.

“Nichkhun.” she tries again.

He just hugs her tightly to him, “I heard you, ten more minutes.” he kisses the top of her head before settling back on his pillow.

Victoria admitted defeat, she granted a few more minutes with him, and she closed her eyes and allowed herself to relax.

 

 

Nichkhun moved his arm to reach for Victoria only to find the space beside him empty but still warm. He opened his eyes to confirm and found that her side of the bed was indeed empty. He shifted to look around the room; he heard sounds coming from outside the bedroom door. He lets out a breath of relief; she was still in the apartment. He reaches for her pillow and buries his face in it and breathes her scent, he stayed like that for a few moments.  He got up and stretched, he grins to himself as he remembers last night and earlier this morning. He’s never felt this happy before. He can’t wait until all of his nights and mornings are like this, him sleeping next to her and waking up with her warmth and softness in his arms. He was imagining how his life would be if all his plans came to fruition, he smiles contentedly as he walks to the bathroom to freshen up.

 

He walked out of the bedroom to find Victoria in the kitchen. She was humming a song as she takes out bread from the toaster. On top of the stove a skillet was sizzling with bacon. She placed slices of toast in plates and turned around. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Nichkhun leaning leisurely on the table with a smirk on his face. Her eyes widened in shock.

“You startled me!” she glares at him. “You could’ve made a sound you know. If I end up with heart failure I’m blaming you!” she gives him a pointed look as she continues forward to place the plates on the table.

“Good morning!” Nichkhun gave her one of his sweetest smile.

Victoria furrowed her brows but let out a chuckle, “Somebody is overly happy this morning.” she places her hands on her waist.

Nichkhun captured her in an embrace before she had a chance to move, “I said, good morning.” He said to her still damp hair and proceeded to rock her side to side.

Victoria couldn’t help but giggle at his actions, “Good morning.” She gives him the proper response.

“Okay, sit.” She pushes him away, “I’ll pour you coffee.”

“Let me help.” Nichkhun moved with her, she tried to protest but he already got hold of the plate beside the stove and started taking out the bacon.

He placed the steaming plate on the table and sits down. Victoria walked over with two coffee mugs and hands one to him.

“Thank you.” Nichkhun says. He waits for her to sit down before he picks up his fork. He takes a bite of the eggs and his toast, he looks up at her to find her busy buttering her toast and meticulously arranging food in her plate, when she was satisfied she took her first bite. He smiled widely at the scene in front of him. He finds her really cute when she does her rituals.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter