Memories

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Finally!” Victoria uttered as she closed the door to her apartment in a thud.

She leans on it for two beats before she pushed herself up and walked towards her kitchen. She decided to come home today since Miranda was out of the country, she is going to spend a week with her girls, Maja was nominated for best actress again for the umpteenth time and Miranda needs to be there for the awards night. She said that she always gets to take home the award when Miranda is by her side, and every year she is never wrong.

Victoria took out an apple from the fridge and went to the sink to wash it and then cut it up before taking it with her to the living room along with a glass of water. She plops herself on the couch and turns on the TV to a cable network showing classic movies. She wasn’t really interested in watching, she just wants to hear voices. The apartment was quiet and it was not what she wanted for the moment. As she listened to Marilyn Monroe talk she stretches out in the couch and closed her eyes to relax. If not for Miranda being pregnant, who was advised by her doctor not to work during her pregnancy, Victoria would be alone most of the time. All her group members are so busy and so is she; she goes home to Miranda’s so she could at least have a conversation with a human being and debrief her day before she goes to sleep.

She frowns to herself.

How did it all come to this?

She misses him, he is away right now, but even when he is in the country they barely see each other too. She spent Valentine’s Day working and then having a quick dinner with her members before rushing back to filming, he called her briefly to greet her and then nothing after that.  She wasn’t sure if she still needs to expect things from him. In their first year together he was very attentive and would always create events for her, now it would be a surprise if one ever happens.

 She noticed him slowly being distant after Miranda’s wedding, or it could have been way before that, she wasn’t sure anymore. Granted that they were always busy and barely have time for each other nowadays, but she was still hoping that he would still be at least involved when he calls or when he is home. She hasn’t told anyone about this, she is keeping it to herself; she doesn’t want to hear an “I-told-you-so” from Miranda or see pity from her members’ eyes. The whole country knows they are together and they have put appearances for the sake of the public, they are a loving pair of successful celebrities who seem to have the perfect relationship along with perfect careers. But she had been thinking lately.

In all honesty, if he is getting tired of it, all he needs to do is tell her. She promised herself that she will not cling to him and allow him his liberty. She loves him that much, if he feels that he is just being trapped she would rather give him up than force him to a miserable life, knowing how he is – being a gentleman and all, she figures she may have to make the move to end it. She laid there thinking about it. It broke her heart but it was the mature thing to do, she learned that forcing someone to stay with you is never a wise choice; you will end up resenting each other and in the end the only way out is to hurt each other. Watching all those dramas taught her that, she smiles bitterly.

She wants what Miranda has right now, but not like this, never like this.

Victoria sighed and moved to stand up from the couch, went to the kitchen to deposit her glass and fruit bowl and then walked to her bedroom; she decided she was going to turn in early. When she climbed into bed a few minutes later, she had already decided, it’s amazing how you are able to console yourself when you look at yourself in the mirror long enough.

It’s going to be alright. Things happen for a reason. It was wonderful while it lasted; now she will have beautiful memories and stories to tell when she gets old.

Those were the thoughts that went through her mind, her only consolation is at least she will not be alone, she has a successful career and a group of very loving people who loves her unconditionally, she told herself that as she fell asleep. A tear slipped her eyes as she dreamed that it was really over.

 

 

“I still think you are the dumbest person in the world!” Chansung glared at his older “brother”. Wooyoung snickered, “I agree with him, hyung. You are going to pay for this big time. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.”

Nichkhun just frowned at the two. “Mind your own business; I have thought this all out. I will not fail.”

Taecyeon shook his head in resignation, but he also put in his two cents, “I don’t know, Khun. This may all backfire, noona is not your average kind of woman. She may be thinking that you no longer see a future with her, I am telling you, and she does not like this thing that you’ve been doing.” He held up his hand, “You and your stupid ideas, if she gets hurt, I swear to God, I will personally kick your big time. When you get back I am telling you, she will break up with you.”

“Yeah, hyung. We are going to abandon you! We are still on noona’s side.” Junho stated.

“And need I remind you that Miranda-noona is the scariest person in the world, especially now that she is pregnant. She is going to tear you up limb from limb and shred the rest of you with her bare hands for hurting her precious sister! And don’t get me started on the other six!” Jun.K shuddered; he closed his eyes to rid of the horrifying image in his head. “That is of course if noona doesn’t kill you first!”

Nichkhun laughs, “Relax you guys, I got this. I know Victoria, she will not break up with me, and she knows how much I love her.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” Chansung who had a dark expression on his face the whole time, exclaimed heatedly, he stands up, “Do you not see the look in her face when you ignore her?!”

“What do you mean by that?” Nichkhun suddenly whipped his face towards his youngest group member, with a concerned look on his face.

“What? You don’t know?!” Chansung was already furious; he was red in the face. “You don’t see the look of hurt in her eyes?!” he stood up and swung his hands up and shakes his head, “Boy, you really are so full of yourself!” he bit out with disgust.

“Chansung, that’s enough!” Taecyeon warns him.

“Whatever!” Chansung turns and starts walking out of the room, he was pissed. He turns back to a now silent and surprised Nichkhun, “I am telling you hyung, if I see her cry I am going to make you regret it.” He angrily slams the door shut after him.

“What was that all about?!” Junho asked, he was looking back and forth from the now closed door and Nichkhun, “Did he just say that noona is getting hurt by your scheme?” he was wide eyed, “Hyung!” he yelled, suddenly worried.

“You guys, stop it!” Taecyeon hissed. He saw how Nichkhun’s demeanor changed, his friend now looks nervous. He gave the rest of the boys a look and they nodded. They dispersed, each sprouting excuses, Wooyoung was going to call Se Young, Junho was going to find something to eat while Jun.K muttered something about writing a song for the occasion.

Taecyeon waited until all the guys left, he sighed, and Nichkhun was now staring blankly into space. He thought of leaving the room himself but decided against it.

“Khun, I know you were just trying to make things interesting. But you may have gone way too far.” He patted the other one’s shoulder and squeezed it. “I just hope it’s not too late for you to fix it.”

“How did I not see it, Taec?” he rubs his face, he cringed, “How could I do this to her?! I was just trying to make her miss me, I am going to ask her.” he looked at his friend, “When we get back, I was finally going to ask her to marry me.”

“Relax, Khun. It may be alright. You know Chansung is always sensitive when it comes to your girlfriend, he is the most spoiled one of all of us, and he always was very protective of her even from the start.” Taecyeon pats Nichkhun’s back, “We are going home tomorrow, and you can make it up to her. My advice, don’t ever do this kind of trick again. Women are different from us, they think and react differently, strong women especially, they are patient but they know when to let go.” He smirks, “You better get her the most amazing ring there is in the planet, that is if she hasn’t decided to dump your sorry yet.” He laughed when Nichkhun glared at him menacingly.

“You are not helping!”

Taecyeon snickered, “Serves you right! Like I said earlier, you and your stupid ideas!” he stood up and smacked Nichkhun on the side of the head before walking out of the room.

 

 

Nichkhun was suddenly worried; he was not expecting this to happen. They have been both extremely busy, they sometimes don’t see each other for a month or two, but they always talk on the phone. He hatched this plan at Miranda’s wedding, he was so envious that Siwon just went out and married the love of his life without any worries, amidst work and other concerns. He envied the man, he didn’t have anything to hide too but the demands of his job were so dizzying it was almost impossible to think. When he saw the newlyweds dance, whispering to each other as they sway to the music and how their faces showed content and happiness, he wanted that too, so badly. So he decided it was time to ask the woman who owns his heart to finally settle down with him. He admits it was a childish trick; he wanted to see her totally surprised when he asks her “the” question. He wasn’t anticipating the wrong reaction from her, maybe anger or annoyance but never to make her feel that he was pushing her away from him.

He contained himself and kept away from her even if it was the hardest thing to do right next to not breathing. He stops himself from staying on the phone with her every time he calls and he had to listen to her disappointed voice, the one she tried to hide from him, when he called her the last time for Valentine’s Day and hurriedly end their call after a few words, giving her a lame excuse.

It was a brilliant idea before, now he just wants to kick himself for even thinking about it in the first place. If he’d hurt her in any way he may never be able to forgive himself. He wants to call her now, but his arrival was meant to be part of his surprise. He informed her that they were due back in Korea in two days, but in truth, his group was quietly going home tomorrow. This was their last overseas tour for a while. The boys had already decided to sign up for their respective military service, they had decided it was better to do it now and then afterward they would still be able to get back to their careers. And Nichkhun decided it was time to finally start a family with Victoria, a family he’d been dreaming of for the longest time. At least that was his plan, he is hoping that it was still viable, that he can still get her to say yes to him even after all this.

 

 

Nichkhun tiptoed as he slowly closed her apartment door; he knows she is going to be here since Miranda is still in the Philippines. When his group arrived at the airport, a crowd quickly gathered mostly consisting of their fans that were welcoming them back. He quickly left and drove straight here.  It was already past ten at night, he was expecting her to be asleep. He talked to her manager earlier before they boarded their flight and he was told that after the drama filming, Victoria had him drive her straight home.

He tiptoed to the bedroom and slowly opened the door; the smile vanished from his lips when he found the bed empty. He walked in and tried the bathroom but it was also empty. He was racking his brain to think of where she could be at this hour. He tried the roof top but she wasn’t there. He called her members next, Luna did not know where she was and neither did Sulli and Krystal, Amber was sure Victoria didn’t say anything to her as well. They were all suddenly worried. Victoria never goes anywhere without any of them, if they are all unavailable she opts to stay at home.

“Oppa, what is going on?” Krystal asked him with her signature half worried, half annoyed voice. “Did you too fight?” he had to assure her that they did not in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter