Stay

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“At two-thirty this afternoon a delivery truck driver suffered a heart attack while on his daily route and collapsed in front of the wheel causing his truck to plow through traffic causing a ten car pileup that left three people dead and ten more others injured including female idol, f(x) leader, Victoria. The truck driver died on the spot while the three others died on route to the hospital. The injured are being treated in different hospitals in the city.

While on the other side of the city, actress Miranda Lee collapsed on the set while filming for MBC’s We Got Married and was rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment.

SM Entertainment had released an official statement regarding the status of their artists. The f(x) leader, Victoria is being treated for minor injuries and is reported to make full recovery in a few days while Miranda underwent emergency surgery for a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. The actress is under a drug induced coma following her surgery to prevent any more damage to her brain. The company had expressed their heartfelt thanks for the prayers and support that the public had shown to Victoria and Miranda.”

 

Jin Young tuned out the rest of the report from the entertainment segment of the primetime newscast, he picked up his phone and dialed Nichkhun’s number. He was already informed by Taecyeon after the boy came back from the hospital and he already sent the boys home and told them to wait until the next day before they visit Victoria at the hospital.

He wanted to make sure his artist was alright. He could just imagine the stress this was all causing Nichkhun, but he knows he can’t pull the boy away from his girlfriend. He started talking when Nichkhun answered the call.

“How are you holding up?” he asks.

“As to be expected, I’m just glad she wasn’t badly hurt. They had to sedate her after she reacted badly after knowing what happened to Miranda-noona.”

He heard Nichkhun sigh, he understands, the trauma that Victoria went through was being aggravated by the news about the actress.

“Be patient with her, you have to understand her. She might lose someone dear to her, it’s never easy. You know how it is; you went through the same thing earlier after learning about the accident.”

“I know Hyung, I really do, and I’m just worried that she may never recover from it if noona does not wake up from her coma.”

“Have faith Khun, everything will be alright. Just let her know that you will always be there for her. I will visit tomorrow to check on her. You hang in there, you hear me?”

“Arraso, thank you very much, hyung.”

“It’s nothing, you also have to get some rest, take it when you can.” He waited for his reply before hanging up.

 

That was the second call Nichkhun got, the first one was from his mom and sister. Nichkhun had to assure his mother that Victoria was alright, but he had to tell her that Victoria had to be sedated because of what happened to Miranda. His mother was very worried for his girlfriend especially since Vera knew how Victoria is to her unnie.

Nichkhun also needed to console his youngest sister who was demanding to talk to Victoria that instant, he had to explain that Victoria was under a drug induced sleep. He promised them that he will call them as soon as Victoria was up for it. They reluctantly agreed, his mother made him promise to look after Victoria and he said he would.

He turned from the window and looked towards her. He had to move away to take the calls, he was afraid that he might wake her up. He was told the same things by his boss and by his mom; they both assured him that everything will turn out fine that Victoria will recover.

Up to know he is still unsure about that.  He heard her talk in her sleep; she was calling out for Miranda, asking her unnie not to leave her. He was at loss; he doesn’t know what to do to fix this. He hasn’t gone up to check on Miranda because he was afraid of leaving Victoria alone.

 

He walks back to her and arranged her blankets around her, he brushed stray hair away from her face and pressed another kiss on her forehead. He was just about to sit back on the chair when the door to her room suddenly opened and in walks two worried women with Amber and Krystal hot on their trail.

He recognized them as Maja and Melissa from the pictures he saw at Miranda’s place and in Victoria’s apartment. The petite one immediately went straight to Victoria’s bedside and held her hand; she looked up briefly at him and nods before looking back down and leaning towards Victoria. She spoke English in soft tones, her voice slightly husky just like Miranda’s, she pressed her nose on Victoria’s cheek.

Nichkhun watched as the taller one sat on the bed and grabbed hold of Victoria’s hand and stared at her face. She suddenly looks up and regards him; she gave him a sad smile.

“How long has she been asleep?” she was back staring at her.

Amber and Krystal also crowded around the bed. Krystal was patting Maja’s back while Amber sat on the chair next to the bed.

Nichkhun had to clear his throat, “Almost three hours, they had to sedate her earlier.”

The tall one nods, she looks at him, “I’m Melissa by the way.” She offered her hand and he shook it.

“And this is my Ate Maja.” She turned to the other one who sat next to Victoria.

Maja gives him a small smile, “Hi, we know who you are, it’s sad that it had to be like this, but I’m pleased to meet you.” Her voice was above whisper.

Nichkhun smiles, “Me too, she’s told me about you two.” The two just nods.

Melissa suddenly turned to Amber, “Can we go and see Mama?”

Maja straightened up, “Yes you said she’s also here.”

Amber nods, “I already told Carol-unnie we’re here.”

As if on cue, Miranda’s assistant arrived, the two bid Nichkhun politely goodbye and promised to be back before following Carol out with Amber and Krystal in tow.

 

 

Siwon had been watching Miranda breathe, his eyes trained only at her face. When he arrived earlier, he was made to wear a gown and a hair cover; the doctor explained what was being done to keep her comfortable. He was told that she’s completely unconscious right now; she wouldn’t be able to feel any outside stimuli while she is under the influence of the coma inducing drugs but they have just decided to slowly wean her out of them in a few hours, her lab results are showing that she was stable enough but they still need to keep her under observation until she regains consciousness and are able to do further tests to see if any damage occurred and if they are permanent or not.

 He was offered a chair, it looked uncomfortable to him but he didn’t care. He had sat there ever since, there were tubes running to and from her, the beeping of the monitors bothered him at first but he was able to get used to it along with the hissing of the respirator that was helping her breathe. He held her hand the moment they left him alone with her. It was first cold to the touch so he warmed it with his.

When he first held her hand he marveled at how delicate they were, her fingers tapered. He engulfed her hand in his and brought it up to his lips. He traced her ring finger, a visible line evident that she never took off her rings anymore. He took out her rings from his pocket, they gave it to him when they were working on her in the ambulance, and he slipped both of them back on her ring finger.

“There you go hon, you’re always afraid that you might lose them.” he traced a finger on her rings, they winked at him making him smile. He looks up at her face and then leans in to kiss her cheek. He had been trying hard not to cry but he was finding it difficult even to breathe, he pressed his face on her neck.

“You have to get better; I can’t go on without you.” He nuzzles her cheek, “I trust you, I know you will not leave me, you promised. You said that you will always stay by my side.” He pressed his face on her neck again, he let out a sob, “Don’t you dare break your promise. I will make you sorry if you do.” He whispers to her.

“Please, I beg you. Come back to me.” He held her hand and pressed another kiss on it.

 

Siwon turned to Carol who was calling his name.

“Siwon, they’re here.” She simply said. He stood up and walks towards her, he followed her out of the ICU. Carol told him earlier that Miranda’s girls were already enroute and that she had to contact them because Miranda listed the two as her next of kin long time ago. He was not surprised to know that the two women were the ones Miranda had listed as family.

He saw them as they walk out into the ante room putting on gowns and hair covers as well, Amber and Krystal were al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter