Convince

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Miranda looked up from the book she was reading to regard the younger girl beside her. She swears she could hear the gears on her head turning. She silently chuckles and finally said, “What is it this time, Dearest?” She waited for a reply, but heard nothing from her.

She looks back down and continued reading. She knows she will eventually spit out whatever’s on her mind right now. She was a bit suspicious when Victoria offered to make her brunch today. Miranda sighed and mentally counted to ten.

One.

Two...

Victoria bit her lower lip and contemplated on what to say, she has to make sure the words that will come out from needs to be convincing to get the response she wants from her older sister. While she played with the corner of one of the cushions, she silently practiced the words. Not that she was always rejected, in fact it's the other way around but she knows what Miranda’s going to say, knowing how stubborn the older girl is. If she wasn’t this desperate she wouldn’t even think about asking…

...Ten.

“Uhm.. I was wondering…” twisting the pillow this way and that, Miranda looked up, “yes…?” she urged with her right brow arched.

“……”

Miranda shakes her head and puts the book away. Turns her body toward Victoria and said, “Come on, out with it! Are you trying to kill me with the suspense??”She smiled at the younger girl.

Victoria took a steadying breath and blurted out her request.


“Will you appear in a variety show with me?”- looking at her unnie expectantly.


“NO!” Miranda sharply replied.


Victoria blinked-She did not even stop to consider it!


“AWW come on unnie, it’ll be fun!” Victoria gambles with an aegyo -  batting her lashes and giving Miranda her ever famous “Bunny Eyes”.


“No way!” Miranda shakes her head vigorously. “You, of all people know I don’t go on those kind of shows. Yes, I watch them because it’s fun but I just DO NOT and WILL NOT see myself being subjected to those silly things in front of the cameras. “ she looks at Victoria and shakes her head for the final time, stands up from her white linen sectional and walks towards the kitchen.


“Please unnie, pretty please!!” whining, Victoria follows and plops herself in one of the bar stools lining one side of the massive kitchen island. She is always looking forward to days she spends in Miranda’s home. Every time she gets a couple of days off to rest, she asks her manager to drive her straight from wherever her last schedule for the day to this house. It’s a long ways from the studios and even from SM, it being an hour away, but the extra 30-minute drive is always worth it. Miranda has assigned and personally decorated one of the rooms upstairs for her, complete with a queen bed, a sitting area, her very own luxurious bathroom and walk in closet. Her favorite, -well second favorite really, the first one being the kitchen- you will know why in just a little bit- is the huge picture window in her bedroom. It overlooks the garden in the backyard with the cherry blossoms (imagine it during spring!!) and a breathtaking view of Seoul, especially at night. She has been repeatedly convinced by her "older sister" to stay permanently and give up her apartment in the city but she’s always declined. She really doesn’t want to be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter