xiusoo (3/3)

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kyungsoo/fem!Minseok || words: 3221 || note: part 3/3


 

Being friends with Minseok and dating Minseok aren’t very different from each other.

 

Their usual routine, which consists of getting together for some meals, movie night, driving Luhan to school, going out on places during the weekends and Minseok and Kyungsoo’s garden time, they still continue to do that. The only difference that’s greatly obvious is the lingering touches and the blushes on their cheeks whenever one of them would give them a compliment or do something like a normal couple would do.

 

“I know, I know. I gave Uncle Kyungsoo a go sign.” Luhan gives them a two thumbs up after hearing the news of the two of them dating from his mother. “Nothing new, really.” Minseok just laughs as a response while Kyungsoo hid his face with his handkerchief in an attempt to hide his reddened face.

 

During dinners, Kyungsoo would still sit beside Luhan because it’s his unmentionable spot in the dining table. After all, he still doesn’t feel its right to take the spot next to Minseok where Jongin used to sit. He doesn’t mind anyway. On the good side, from this spot he can see how Minseok looks breathtaking even if she’s like a hamster eating a whole strawberry from how her cheeks puffed as she chews. (So cute)

 

Another thing that took Kyungsoo by surprise.

 

“Hey,” Minseok whispers beside him after she leans her back against his chest during their movie night (the movie they’re watching is “The Iron Giant.” A classic, Luhan said.) “Still awake?” And Kyungsoo would respond with a hum because he knows how Luhan hates it when they’re not paying attention to the movie, and then he would drape his arm to settle on Minseok’s shoulder.  

 

It’s the feeling of domesticity.

 

It was really unfair because he never got to do these kind of things with Joonmyun. Whenever they’re out for a date, Joonmyun would drag him to a clothing store or some jewelry store and would spend there for hours. When Kyungsoo suggested on spending some time at the park, she would just laugh it off and walk away, giving his cheek a kiss so that he won’t be upset. It doesn’t end there, he thought (so much time wasted.) In fact, now that he thought about it, it was always him who was the instigator of things.

 

A relationship was supposed to be give and take – like a push and pull in tug of war where no one gives up.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Minseok asked him with a frown on her face. “I swear, you look like that guy we saw back at the station. You know,” She wriggles her brows. “That bushy –“

 

“Okay, okay, I get it.” Kyungsoo laughs and then turns quiet after that laugh simmered down into a chuckle.

 

Why was he thinking about that all of the sudden?

 

Kyungsoo shows his phone to his girlfriend, which the latter took without a word. After seeing what’s in the screen, she frowns a little before slowly nodding in understanding. “Kyungsoo, I really think it’s time for you to face whatever issues you ran away from.”

 

He suddenly feels troubled.

 

“One more week and it’s going to be a month.” Minseok said. “If you let it go on for another, it’s going to be harder.”

 

He feels irritated. Not at Minseok, but at Joonmyun. He looks at the message on his screen.

 

“We’re already over.” He mutters. “Why is she still contacting me?”

 

Minseok purses her lips. “Well, isn’t that a reason why you should go and meet her?” She shrugs. “Go and give her some closure. You never know what will happen. Maybe,” She pauses for a minute and Kyungsoo saw her hesitate for a moment. “Maybe, who knows? Maybe she wants to get back together with you.”

 

Hearing that made him frown. “Is this your indirect way of backing out with our relationship?”

 

“Don’t put words in my mouth, Do Kyungsoo.” Minseok frowns and then sighs after. “If you want my honest answer, I don’t want you to go and meet her. But,” Another pause. “As much as I don’t want to, I think it’s best if you do.”

 

Kyungsoo groans and takes a seat on the leather couch, hands on his face. “I don’t want to.” He mumbles.

 

“You have to.” Minseok his face, running her hands up until they’re tangled on his hair. “Look, don’t worry about it too much. Luhan and I will wait for you here, that is if you come –“

 

“I’ll come back.” Kyungsoo stood up abruptly, startling Minseok. “I’ll come back, I swear.”

 

And the way he said it was very out of character, Kyungsoo thinks. It’s not that it had some bad effects because he saw how Minseok’s cheeks suddenly grew pink, her eyes hazy as she looks at him, and only him. Kyungsoo gulps and softly touches her face. So soft. He pushes his face to lean forward only to pull away quickly when he heard a soft whine coming from upstairs.

 

“Momma!”

 

Minseok seems to snap on her state because her eyes were now wide, her face turning a deep pink as she quickly darts her eyes towards the direction where Luhan’s voice was. “Oh, uh…” And for once, Kyungsoo witnessed how Minseok was lost for words.

 

Well, he’s not faring either.

 

“I, uh…”

 

“I should…”

 

“Yeah.”


Kyungsoo rubs his neck sheepishly. “I should… uh… I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?”

 

Minseok smiles. “Okay.”

 

His phone lit up that night again but Kyungsoo refused to open it for he doesn’t want to ruin this feeling he has right now. Kyungsoo presses his face against his pillow with a smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo, when are you planning to come home?”

 

Kyungsoo frowns upon hearing that. “I will as soon as I-“

 

“Look, it’s not what you think, okay?” A sigh. “In fact, Chanyeol and I have no problem with the company. It’s just that –“ A pause. “Joonmyun’s been frequenting here and she’s looking for you. Chanyeol’s not helping with the situation. You know how his temper works, right?”

 

Kyungsoo grimaces at the thought of witnessing Chanyeol and Joonmyun in another fight. He witnessed that far too many times and it wasn’t that great when he was asked to choose sides one time. It was a relief that Baekhyun came to the rescue if else, he’ll be thrown in a great rift with his best friend since high school and his wife.

 

After a long and deep thought, Kyungsoo finally nods. “Fine, I’ll… I’ll come home.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Soo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I still think you should come with me.” Kyungsoo said, looking down on the floor for he cannot bear go if he took even a glimpse of Minseok’s face. “You and Luhan, I mean. It would be nice, I swear.” He said. “I’ll even give you a personal tour of my workplace. Plus, I bet Luhan will want to meet Sehun. They’re going to be the best of friends if –“

 

“You know we can’t, Kyungsoo.” Minseok sighs. “Luhan’s still got school and… and I think it’s best if you and your ex talk things through without interruption.”

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows, shoulders slumped. “I know.”

 

“Look, hey.” Kyungsoo felt his heart skip when Minseok reaches over to brush her hand against his and then taking it without hesitation. “Everything’s going to be fine. Don’t worry. I know,” She pauses. “I know it still hurts. After all, you once loved her. Or, you might still be in love with her.”

 

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to object, but then stops himself in the middle. And that’s when Kyungsoo finally realized the reason why he dislikes to see Joonmyun again. It’s that… that nagging feeling of never ending “what if’s.” What if he still does love Joonmyun? What if he’ll break down once again if he saw her again? What’s worse, he might throw another fit if he saw Joonmyun and Kris together. Kyungsoo gulps hard.

 

“I think we should take a break, Kyungsoo.” Minseok said.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes suddenly went wide upon hearing that. “B-But –“

 

“We never know what might happen so I think for now, it’s the best option to take.”

 

When Kyungsoo didn’t respond, Minseok slowly reaches to give him a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll… I’ll see you soon, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t think he can drive after that talk with Minseok so he called Chanyeol and asked if he could get him. And as expected, Chanyeol did no questions asked. After two days, Chanyeol was waving at him after Kyungsoo opens the door.

 

“Ready to go, bud?” Chanyeol asked after nudging him on the shoulder. With one last look at the direction of the Kim’s house, Kyungsoo heaved out a heavy sigh and nodded firmly.

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun gives her brother a tight hug. “I missed you.” Kyungsoo responds by hugging her back. After that, Baekhyun gives his shoulder a comforting squeeze. “Kyungsoo, I know you still don’t want to come home, I can see that and I understand.” She sighs. “But you know –“

 

“I know.” Kyungsoo nods. “I still have responsibilities and things left here that are unfinished.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Kyungsoo.”

 

“Thank you for everything, noona. I’ll take it from here.”

 

After Kyungsoo left, she felt a hand wrapped around her shoulder, startling her. But as soon as she saw who that person is, she immediately relaxes against his hold and leans her whole weight against him. “Chanyeol, I really want him to be happy.”

 

“I know.” Chanyeol rubs her shoulder, soothing her. “Me, too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If there’s anything that Kyungsoo really hates in the world, it’s confrontation.

 

The smile he was probably flashing to his wife is the kind that makes you cringe because he’s obviously forcing it the moment he spotted her entering his office. It was too soon to see each other after the separation and it was painfully obvious that Joonmyun isn’t still comfortable being in the same room as him.

 

Kyungsoo breathes deeply.

 

“It’s been a while.” Joonmyun said after taking a seat on the chair in front of him.

 

“It has.”

 

Another awkward silence.

 

“So,” He gestures on her stomach. “How’s the baby? Everything well, I see.”

 

Joonmyun winces at the sudden touch of the topic – part of the reason of their divorce – but she forces to flash him a smile and nods. “The baby’s fine – healthy, even.”

 

“Good.”

 

Another awkward silence. Though this time, Kyungsoo didn’t let it drag any further because he knows or forces himself to think that he still has other important stuff to do so he cleared his throat and sighs. “Look, Joonmyun. Let’s get straight to the point.” He his chapped lips and continued. “Why are you still contacting me?”

 

Joonmyun stills.

 

“I mean,” Kyungsoo heaves out another sigh. “I thought we made it clear that we’re through? It’s very obvious that you… that you love Kris. Two years is a very long time and it strongly suggests that what you two have is serious.” He furrow his brows. “I don’t see the reason why you still want to be talk to me after the divorce.”

 

“Is it really wrong, Kyungsoo…?” Joonmyun croaks out. “To fix things between us?”

 

Kyungsoo looks down on his desk. “There’s nothing left to fix, Joonmyun. We’re broken beyond repair. It would be suicide if I still continue our relationship knowing that you’re carrying another man’s child.”

 

“It was a mistake.”

 

“Your relationship was a mistake.” Kyungsoo frowns. “Don’t brand the unborn as one.”

 

Joonmyun’s eyes went wide upon hearing that, her hand immediately on top of her stomach. “I’m sorry.” She whispered. “But I can’t help but feel like it is. What happened between Kris and I was nothing but a rekindled flame. You knew, right? That we once dated in high school before we met.”

 

“I know.”

 

“We parted because of the distance. I thought I was over him when I started to develop some feelings for you, but… Kris.” Joonmyun bites her lower lip. “Because of that, I can’t help but go back to the times when we were still together. It was then that I realized that there’s still some bit of feelings left I have for him.”

 

Kyungsoo felt a pang on his chest. Minseok was right, it was still too soon. “Then you should’ve told me. You should have told me so that I can put an end between us. This thing wouldn’t have to drag so far if it did.” He clenches his fist. “Dammit.”

 

“But I can’t.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns. “Because you’re selfish, that’s why.”

 

“No.” Joonmyun’s eyes turn glassy. “It’s because I love you.”

 

“You don’t love me. Because if you do, then you wouldn’t think of cheating with my best friend behind my back.” Kyungsoo found himself scowling. “But you did so what makes you think I’d believe whatever you say?”

 

As the first tear escaped Joonmyun, Kyungsoo snapped back to his state and clears his throat, suddenly feeling bad about making her cry because the last thing that he wanted to do is make Joonmyun bawl her eyes out again just like the time when Kyungsoo threw a fit of rage in their house. Kyungsoo clenches his fist and unclenches them, over and over again in an attempt to calm himself.

 

“Look, I just want things to go behind us and get things over with.” Kyungsoo sighs. “I… forgive you, Joonmyun. I already did after the whole news broke out because you know, I would never hold anything against you. And you should also tell Kris that I forgive him but,” He sighs again. “I don’t think I can trust him – or you again.”

 

Joonmyun weakly smiles. “It’s never going to be the same again, is it?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo said. “I think it’s best if we don’t see each other… for a long while. The wound is still fresh and I don’t think it will close if we still see each other.”

 

“Kyungsoo…”

 

“Plus, the baby needs a father, Joonmyun.” Kyungsoo flashes her a weak smile. “I know you’re shutting Kris out because of what happened… between us… but I can assure you that I am fine with it.” There was a pause. “Well, fine just until time passed on. You’re free, Joonmyun. Do whatever you want from now on.”

 

And just before Joonmyun left, she threw herself on to Kyungsoo and wrapped her arms around his torso, pulling him impeccably close. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide in surprise but he gave in in the end, reciprocating the hug. It wasn’t until he felt her shaking that got Kyungsoo to snap out of his daze.

 

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo.” Joonmyun sobs. “I really do love you, but –“  

 

“I know…” Kyungsoo gently pats her head. “I know…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he went home – his supposed home with Joonmyun, he took a seat down and looks around the place. Every room and every corner holds memories that holds dear to him and he admits that he feels pretty nostalgic. But now, everything was gone. The clothes that were once there were all packed up on some unused closet in the guest room at his sister’s house. He remembers it clearly, the time when he packed all of his things and left Joonmyun in the house.

 

He took a seat on his favorite couch and leans his back, sighing.

 

Everything is so… strange. Everything is so unfamiliar. It was like he’s a visitor sitting on the owner’s chair. It feels like he doesn’t belong here.

 

Instead, when he closes his eyes, he envisions himself sitting on the chair, his face contorted into a cheerful smile as he eats in front of Minseok and laughing at something that Luhan said. He envisions himself with them, smiling at everything they do, at everything they say. Kyungsoo opens his eyes with small frown.

 

Wait, what the hell was he even doing here in the first place?

 

Whipping his phone out of his blazer jacket, Kyungsoo stood up and walked out of the room, passing by his secretary who’s talking at some realtor about selling the place. Once the call connected, he grins. “Hey, Yeol. Can I borrow your car?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Around 2 in the morning, Minseok found herself being pulled up in a kiss the moment she groggily opened door for her unexpected visitor. With eyes wide, she stares at up at a clearly breathless Kyungsoo, puffs of breath escaping his lips as he kisses Minseok, pulling her face close, close, close.

 

Minseok pulls away, surprised. “K-Kyungsoo… w-what? I-I mean…” She looks around the dark and quiet neighborhood before looking back at Kyungsoo. “W-What the –“

 

“I’ve been with a lot of girls.” Kyungsoo trails, out of breath and slightly pitchy from a bit of panic and nervousness. “I’ve dated tons of them back when I was still young and even when Joonmyun and I were going on and off in our course of relationship, I have been with girls some I don’t remember and some I do and… and of course, there’s this thing Joonmyun and you were right all along. You were right because there is some bit of feelings left so the closure was the right thing to do. But the main point is that –“

 

“Kyungsoo,” Minseok furrows her brows, looking confused as ever. “Kyungsoo, why are you telling me this?”

 

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and exhales through his nose, looking at Minseok and thinks that yes, the time to follow what his inner self has been shouting over and over is now. “You may not be the first person that I said I love you with, but I want you to be the last one.”

 

Minseok’s breath hitches that did not go unnoticed by Kyungsoo. “You love me?”

 

“Uh…” Kyungsoo gulps hard. “I know… I know it’s too soon, but I – I swear, I’m not making you my rebound. I uh…” He sighs and slaps a hand on his face when he saw Minseok’s bewildered expression. “I am making a fool out of myself, am I?”

 

“Yeah, you’re pretty good at it, too.”

 

“Oh, goodness.” He groans and Minseok laughs.

 

“Well, to be honest.” Minseok sets her lips in a firm line. “It’s too soon to say the L word in my part.” Kyungsoo slowly nods in understanding despite the heavy feeling on his chest. “But,” Minseok looks at him with a smile. “I think it’s safe to say that I’m getting there.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide upon hearing, cheeks turning pink. “Oh.”

 

“Yeah,” Minseok giggles. “Oh.”

 

“Oh, god.” Kyungsoo covers his mouth as he laughs. “I am so embarrassed right now.”

 

“Yes, you should be.” Minseok said with a playful frown. “Especially that kiss, though. If you think I’m the kind of girl who’s moved by that kind of kiss, then you must be mistaken.” Hearing Kyungsoo mumble out a sorry got her laughing. “I think a redo is in order. But,”

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows upon hearing that.

 

“But I want it after you’ve taken me on a date. Let’s say,” Minseok hums, tapping her chin thoughtfully. “This Friday?” Minseok holds out a hand to him with a smile. And upon seeing that, Kyungsoo chuckles softly, reaching over to grab her soft hand, locking their fingers together.

 

“Okay.”  

 

 

 

End