baeksoo

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kyungsoo/fem!Baekhyun || words:    1120     || not a drabble || summary: baekhyun turns back time to fix her future
note: because I can’t picture Baekhyun as a guy in a gender bender fic (I tried, believe me.)


 

Baekhyun groans in distaste at the feeling of the green grass on her face. She made a face and began to spew a bunch of dirt that got inside , wiping her lips with the back of her hand at the same time (it was a good thing she didn’t do her make-up before leaving.) She quickly lifted her arm and looked at her digital wristwatch on her wrist.

 

September 15, 2012 || 2:30 pm

 

“I’m here.” Baekhyun ran her fingers through her wavy blonde hair. “Oh god, I’m here.”

 

She coughed twice and sniffed the familiar air that she remembered breathing in the moment she stepped foot inside the usual unmonitored hallways of SM high school.

 

She’s back from the future.

 

---

 

She knew it was around here. She remembered this scenario by heart and she admits that this was the reason – the key why everything fell apart. She never knew every little thing means a lot in the future. Every word. Every decision made.

 

Baekhyun winced when she heard the loud banging sound near the locker area. It was here. , she’s late. It’s already happening!

 

“He’s such a ing turd, I swear.” A gruff sound was heard and Baekhyun recognized it as her douche of an ex-boyfriend. After saying that, there were a round of snickers. Baekhyun held her breath and watched as she hid behind another row of lockers.

 

The teenage version of herself was present, of course. But unlike the others, her laughter was half-hearted. The worry and hesitance was present as she stared at the beat up Kyungsoo leaning against his locker, sporting a busted lip.

 

Baekhyun knew what was gonna happen next. After all, that memory was always present in her recurring dreams every night with different versions. But this – Baekhyun gulped – this was happening again.

 

Kris, her douche ex-boyfriend, smirked and turned to teen Baekhyun. “Will my girl do the honors?” He grabbed the younger’s hand and placed a small can of pepper spray in there. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. No, no… it, Byun Baekhyun. Don’t do it!

 

But she did anyway.

 

Baekhyun looked away and tried to block the sounds of Kyungsoo’s screams echoing her ears.

 

---

 

After 15 minutes of pure torture, Baekhyun rushed towards Kyungsoo’s side after she made sure that her stupid teenage self and her bunch of poor chosen friends are gone. Kyungsoo wasn’t screaming anymore and goddamit, why the didn’t any teacher nor the principal come and help the poor guy?

 

Oh right, because Kris is the son of the school’s owner.

 

“Hey, hey…come on, breathe.” Baekhyun whispered in a soothing voice in order to calm teenage Kyungsoo, but the latter was still panting, groaning, and in pain. His hands were shaking, legs trembling and Baekhyun doesn’t know if she would be so angry at the ones who caused this or squeal like a fangirl because Kyungsoo.Is.Freaking.Holding.On.To.Her.

 

“It hurts.”

 

“I know, I know.”


Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut. “W-Who are you?” He tried to cover his eyes but Baekhyun doesn’t let him and instead, helped him stand up to go to the nearest drinking fountain. (The supposed drinking fountain was transformed into a sink when the rumor about the water there not drinkable spread out)

 

“Just some…” Baekhyun paused for a bit to help wash the poor guy’s face. “Good Samaritan that passed by.”

 

Kyungsoo was silent for a moment, letting Baekhyun clean his still stinging face, eyes still clamped shut due to fear and pain. And then he whimpered. “I-It hurts.”

 

“Just close your – “

 

“No…my,” Kyungsoo gulps. “She…Baekhyun…She did this to me. I can’t believe she would do this to me.”

 

Baekhyun felt her chest clench upon hearing that. “I know she was wrong. But maybe she didn’t mean to –“

 

“I hate her.” Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun felt a chill run down her spine because of how those were spoken. It was cold and… filled with venom. “I hate her. I-I can’t believe she would…After all I did for her, she just… She used me. She – “

 

Baekhyun wasn’t thinking, really. She just cupped Kyungsoo’s face and kissed him, full on the mouth. The teenager was surprised, of course. But after a few seconds, he slowly relaxes against her hold and kissed back.

 

“Don’t give up on me.” Baekhyun whispered, lips hovering his after she pulled away. “Please.”

 

And then, her time was up.  

 

---

 

“I failed.” She mumbled in defeat. “I ing failed.”

 

She was back in 2020: the year where the fact that Kris cheated on her and ruined her life was still present. The year where she met Kyungsoo again but he completely ignored her and got ing engaged to her rival in another school during her high school years, Kim Jongdae.

 

She failed because she got there too late.

 

She was too focused on her failure that she didn’t notice the sudden presence of someone coming inside the room that she suddenly squeaked in surprise when big strong arms were wrapped around her waist. Baekhyun snapped her head and gasped in surprise.

 

“K-Kyungsoo?”

 

“What is my wife doing here?” Kyungsoo looked around the now empty garage. Baekhyun looked lost. The time machine was supposed to be there! But what got her even more confused was the fact that Kyungsoo was here – and wait, did she just called her his wife?

 

“Baekhyun, come on. The kids are coming home any time soon. Let’s get dinner ready.” She watched in a daze as Kyungsoo threaded their hands together, letting him drag her towards what was supposed to be a crappy living room, now fancy and emits a homey vibe.

 

Baekhyun blinks twice. So wait, it was a success?

 

---

 

“I recognized those lips everywhere.” Kyungsoo grinned down at her when they were now in the safety of their bedroom. He leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips that never failed to make her heart flutter. “My Good Samaritan.

 

Turns out Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun went back after that spraying incident and treated him better, not knowing that it was Baekhyun from the future who actually did. Baekhyun’s not gonna tell, though.  

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: to that person who wanted this, here you go!