xiuhan

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Luhan/fem!Xiumin || words: 859 || drabble || summary: life of a cat, personally narrated by Luhan.


 

All Luhan wanted was a family to call as his own.

 

It was hard, especially when he would watch his siblings getting adopted one by one, marveling at how those little kid’s eyes sparkle in delight at the touch of soft fur and small of the kitten to their new owner’s cheek, a sign of gratitude for taking them. It was really sad because in each passing week, it was getting lonely. Even that energetic puppy, Baekhyun, who annoys him to no end, got adopted by this wide-eyed guy, telling the shop owner that he’s perfect for livening up his dull and boring apartment.

 

It was sad because he’s getting older, a borderline between an adult and a kitten, and everyone knows that children only wants a cute kitten.

 

Until one day, Luhan woke up at the sight of a little girl, her head tilted in amusement as she looks down on him. A big round face with cheeks plump as those bright fruits that he sees the shop owners buy. She was giggling, poking his cheek every time when she got the chance, giggling even louder when Luhan stumbles back at every poke.

 

“Mommy, I want this one.” She exclaims. “Can I have him, please? Please? Please?”

 

It was really weird, considering this mommy that the little girl was calling is actually a man, nevertheless, Luhan still didn’t mind. For now, he’s trying to breathe as possibly as he can because the little girl somehow got her arms around his neck, despite it being considered as a hug in her eyes.

 

“Aigoo, Seok-ah.” The man sighed and took Luhan from the girl. “We’ll still have to talk to your Appa about this.”

 

“But mommy~” The little girl, “Seok”, did a boo-boo lip and looked at her Mom pleadingly. “I want kitty.”

 

In the end, Luhan found himself standing in front of a big house, with this girl, whose name was really Minseok, giving his hair soft and gentle caresses.


“From now on,” Minseok lowered herself a bit so that the kitten and she are at the same level. “Minseok won’t be a lonely girl anymore.” She said.

 

 

 

 

In a span of three days, Luhan got to know his owner a bit more than her name.

 

Her name is actually, Kim Minseok, an orphan that’s been adopted three years prior to the gay couple’s wedding at Cremona, Italy. Mommy, whose name is actually, Kim Joonmyun, 37, from Luhan’s point of view has a bit of OCD. Then there’s Appa, also known as Kim Jongdae, 35. From how Joonmyun described him to be, he was actually laid back and approved to anything that his daughter wanted, even if it’s making mud pies after the rain. Luhan would note how extra hard Joonmyun would hit his husband with a spatula on the head when that happens.

 

Minseok doesn’t like to socialize with other kids and would focus her whole attention to him, and only him. Not that he’s complaining because he does really want the extra attention. The afternoon rubs and evening playtime definitely took his top spot especially when Minseok’s with him.

 

(“I think we should buy him some clothes, don’t you think?” Jongdae said, taking light sips from his coffee as he spies in on his daughter and their pet, playing on the living room. “I don’t want him swishing that wiener around and mentally scar my daughter for life.”

 

Joonmyun gave his husband a hit on the head with a spoon, but agrees with the idea anyway.)

 

 

 

Luhan really thought that everything would be the same.

 

But then Minseok grew up to be a very beautiful lady and it’s hard to bottle everything especially when she would look at him with those eyes that makes you sigh dreamily and say, wow. And then that body of hers that used to be chubby was now curvy and y that you can’t help but stare at the way she would pass by her and not look at those gorgeous che – Luhan shakes his head.

 

He’s not faring either. Because despite his lack of tidiness (much to mommy Joonmyun’s dismay) he’s very attractive too in the eyes of both human and hybrids alike. Especially when it’s already near mating season this year and Jongdae Appa’s going to board up the windows and entrances so that risk of hybrids in heat invading their place is prevented.

 

It was funny how during his heat, Minseok was the only person invading his thoughts.

 

He sighs.

 

Being a cat is hard, Luhan concludes, especially if you’re in love with your owner.

 

 

 

Years prior the pet adoption…

 

Little Minseok blinks up at his teacher in curiosity. “Is it really true, teacher?”

 

The man nods. “Yes. Back in acient history, it is only common in Greece and Rome to adopt someone and raise that child in order to be your husband or wife, which is why in the story of the –“

 

Minseok didn’t need to hear the rest because she was now skipping towards her mommy’s direction, telling him that she wants to go somewhere. 

 

 

 

a/n: done || does this count as a first love story? (in Minseok's part that is, i really don't know) *master coconut shrugs and then sparkles away*