sutao

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Suho/fem!Tao || words: 676 || drabble || summary: karma


 

“You’re what?”

 

Joonmyun sighs and cards his fingers through his hair. “Tao, there’s this…” He looks away for a moment and then looks back at his girlfriend – his ex-girlfriend. “There’s this girl at work and I…” Joonmyun sighs, expression falling. “Tao, I’m in love with her even if she’s already – “

 

“So you’re breaking up with me?” Tao cuts harshly, tears already rolling down her cheeks. “Is that it? You’re throwing away five years for this?”

 

Joonmyun was quiet for a moment. “I don’t want to prolong this lie anymore. It’s better to end this early than live my life unhappy.”

 

After giving a hard slap, Tao stood up from her seat and walked out of the restaurant, ignoring the curious looks the others were giving.

 

“Hey, it’s okay.” Jongdae, her best friend gave her comfort with an assuring hug. “If you want, you can stay here for a while until you can find a place where you can live.” And Tao responds by giving her a tight hug of her own.

 

“Thank you, thank you.”

 

But neither of them know that there was a man in Jongdae’s life that harbors a secret deep affection for the taller female. And because Tao was vulnerable and in need of warmth and affection, she took that affection for granted even if it would mean betraying her best friend. It may be partly due to jealousy because during their younger years, Tao has everything. The fame, the popularity and the looks while Jongdae just has average and yet, how can she has the one what Tao wants the most?

 

And there, she thought that Joonmyun was the one. Rich, handsome, charismatic and successful Kim Joonmyun. But then, he broke up with her because he fell in love with a girl at work leaving her alone and devastated.

 

When Jongdae was off to work, Kris, the latter’s husband, would reach out a hand to wrap his strong arms around her waist, planting a kiss on her shoulder blade. “I’m here.” He would whisper against pale white skin. “I’m here and I won’t leave you.”

 

Because Jongdae was busy with work, it was so convenient.

 

Tao would smile and pull him in for a kiss.

 

But as always things never stay hidden because Jongdae eventually found out.

 

“I trusted you, Tao.” Jongdae sobs through clenched fists and gritted teeth. “I trusted you! How could you do this to me?!” A crash. “After everything I did for you, how?!”

 

“I’m in love with her,” Kris said. “I’m sorry, Jongdae.”

 

The divorce was quick and Tao found herself pulling the luggage out of the house with Kris following behind her. But the moment she opened the door, her eyes went wide and her heartbeat suddenly accelerated because standing in front of her was the one that truly has her heart.

 

“Tao?” Joonmyun furrows his brows in confusion, the ready hand that’s holding a bouquet of flowers suddenly lowering. “What are you doing here?” He looks at the house once more. “Do you live here? I thought –“

 

“Joonmyun?” came a voice scratchy from all the constant cries.

 

And just like that, Tao was suddenly invisible because Joonmyun walked past her – them and immediately approaches Jongdae with that smile on his face that says, yes, he’s so in love.

 

Just like that, the break up at the restaurant suddenly made sense. That Jongdae was indeed the one that Joonmyun fell in love with – the sole reason why Joonmyun broke things off with her. And Tao could only watch in sadness as Joonmyun tries to coax out a smile on Jongdae, making her feel better while Kris pulls her away from the scene with those big fingers wrapped around her wrist.

 

“I love you,” Kris whispers to her that night.

 

The empty I love you too that escaped her lips echoed through her ears.

 

 

 

 

a/n: it was quick because I wrote this while I’m still in lecture :3 trololol master coconut going ninja level up