kaisoo

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kai/fem!Kyungsoo || words: 845 || drabble || summary: when the pain is too much to handle, forget.


 

 

Jongin wakes up groaning in pain. His face was scrunched up, his hand nursing the side of his head and the other clutching the white duvet in an attempt to balance himself. It was always like this, waking up every morning with blurry images invading his dreams at night.

 

 

It was a girl.

 

 

When the pain subsided, Jongin looks at his clenched fists and slowly, loosens them, staring at the way his fingernails dig on his soft pinkish palm. It must have hurt during the night that he failed to notice it because he was fast asleep.

 

 

His usual morning routine seemed to be less appealing now, now that in every place in his apartment, a flash of blurry images runs through his mind. A girl smiling, laughing, running her delicate fingers against his cheek, his arms, even leaning forward to press a chaste kiss on his lips. Jongin can’t figure it out. He’s confused.

 

 

Wandering aimlessly, he accidentally bumped against a blonde girl on the shoulder, making said girl scowl. Jongin was tempted to reach out to her after seeing the run down make up probably due to tears (note: her kohl eyes) but Jongin stopped himself from doing so upon seeing her disappear from the alleyway.

 

 

He was still confused.

 

 

And so, so, so empty with reasons unknown to him.

 

 

There were a million why’s and a million how’s running through his mind, and yet, nothing were considered a valid answer. He tried consulting a doctor on his regular headaches but it seems like his health is on perfectly good shape.

 

 

How did this happen? Why is this happening to me?

 

 

Another bump and Jongin felt silly. He really needs to stop wandering aimlessly.

 

 

“Jongin?”

 

 

Surprised, Jongin looks up to meet the eyes of the person who managed to collide against him. He expected a smile and a look of recognition coming from his end, but instead, he furrowed his brows in confusion and looked at the person in front of him feeling bewildered. “Ah, how did you know my name?”

 

 

The girl in front of him shook her head, laughing, but when she noticed Jongin not stringing along, she stopped. “Jongin, this isn’t funny. It’s me, Kyungsoo.” Jongin contemplated on asking more, but then, he opted to just play along until this mishap was over.

 

 

“I was just kidding.” Jongin chuckles, his eyes crinkling. “Of course, I know you… Kyungsoo.”

 

 

This girl, Kyungsoo, smiles at him, plush lips forming into a heart shape and somehow just seeing that face got Jongin to feel whole again. “Still such a kidder, Jongin-ah.” Another wave of laughter and a whole exchange of how are you? and how’s life? Then…

 

 

“Anyways, you’re going right?” Kyungsoo hesitates for a moment before continuing. “My wedding.”

 

 

Jongin was still confused, but still, he played along. “Yeah. Of course. But I don’t recall ever getting an invitation?” Kyungsoo flashed him a look of confusion. “Or I just didn’t notice due to my growing schedules.”

 

 

“Still forgetful.” She sighed. “Well, lucky for you,” He watches her as she rummages through her bag. “I got an extra.” Then another sigh. “I sent you one three weeks ago. Maybe you lost it or…” A pause. “A-Are you okay, with this Jongin?”

 

 

Park Chanyeol. That must be the groom, Jongin thought. But the sudden question got him to snap back to examination of the small white invitation card. He blinks twice. “Yes, of course.” He grins. “Why wouldn’t I?”

 

 

“Because you and I,” Kyungsoo looked lost for a moment before shaking her head with a smile now plastered on her face. “Nothing. Just…” She sighed. Jongin knew she was faking that, but chooses to ignore it. “Nothing.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin was still confused. Especially on that time when Kyungsoo finally bid goodbye and he suddenly made a move to grab her wrist as if it was second nature to him whenever he saw her walking away. Surprised, Jongin dropped her hand and apologizes.

 

 

Second nature, huh? How can that be when this is the first time Jongin met her?

 

 

That night, passing back on the alleyway on his way back home, he spotted the same girl he accidentally bumped in the morning, her face now refreshed like traces of sorrow and hurt were now gone like it never happened. When their eyes met, he smiled.

 

 

“So, you okay now?” Jongin asked. “I saw you earlier this morning and you were crying –“

 

 

The girl hums in confusion. “I was?”

 

 

“Yeah.” He nods. “I even bumped into you. I’m sorry for that, by the way.”

 

 

“Really?” She looked back at the dark alleyway behind her before looking at Jongin. “I don’t recall ever meeting you.”

 

 

“Oh.” There was a long pause. “I’m Jongin, by the way.” He said, reaching a hand out for the girl to shake, which the latter easily accepted. And with a smile, she answered.

 

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

a/n: based on growing pains mv. It’s up to you to draw the connections.