baekyeol

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Chanyeol/ fem!Baekhyun || Words: 403 || drabble || summary: they run away


 

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun almost tripped on a rock. Blasted heels. “If we get caught we’re gonna be in so much trouble!” When she didn’t hear a response, she yanked her hand away to free herself, but to no avail, the grip around it only got tighter. “Chanyeol!”

 

“But isn’t this exciting?” Chanyeol grins, eyes twinkling in delight. “Sneaking out to see each other like we’re Romeo and Juliet.”

 

“Yeah, romantic. Especially the part where they die at the very end.”

 

Chanyeol pauses. “They died?!”

 

Baekhyun rolled her eyes and whacked the giant male on the back of his head making said giant groan. “You are such an idiot, Chanyeol. Did you even listen to Mr. Do’s lectures?” Chanyeol flashed her a sheepish grin in response. “Oh, god. What am I supposed to do with you?”

 

Chanyeol hums. “But now that I think about it, dying isn’t that bad.” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide in surprise upon hearing that. “If it only means dying with you, then I don’t mind. As long as we’re gonna be together forever.” He smiles, sliding his fingers that were on his girlfriend’s wrist down to lace their hands together in a tight clasp.

 

The world they live in is ruled by a system that feared the emotion love, which is why they banned it. So whoever feels it is killed straight on the spot. Some people obeyed the rule, living the dull life with the person the system decided to be their partner. But some, like Chanyeol and Baekhyun, kept their love a secret in the eyes of everyone, even though there will come a time when the system will tear them apart and place them with their respective partners. So in the end, their love is doomed from the start.

 

Baekhyun tears her eyes away from Chanyeol, feeling the waterworks coming. “You fool.” She clears and lets out a shaky sigh. “You’re gonna meet her next month, right? Your partner.”

 

“Yeah.” Chanyeol puts a hand behind the small of her back and dips his head down to kiss Baekhyun’s soft lips. “I love you so much. You know that, right?”

 

Baekhyun her lower lip, tasting the sweet taste of Chanyeol that still lingers on her lips. “Yeah, I know. You tell me that every day.” Chanyeol smiles upon hearing that, kissing Baekhyun one more time before continuing their path towards their safe haven.