sekai

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kai/fem!Sehun || words: 2222 || not a drabble || summary: all Jongin ever wanted was to have a perfect date with his girlfriend.
note: yes, the scenarios came from One Direction’s Night Changes.


 

If you asked anyone about Kim Jongin, they would say “Kai” is a cool, calm and perceptive type of guy. Some thinks of him as the notorious bad boy or some kind of an evil rebel or maybe that god that got women wantonly even if it’s only his first time. Either way, everyone thinks of him as that sort of guy. But in reality, he’s just… normal.

 

But maybe what the others thought of him is an advantage because when he asked average girl (but the hottest girl in Jongin’s eyes) Oh Sehun, she immediately said yes. And upon knowing that, Jongin knows that he has to meet those expectations to not let the girl of his dreams out of his grasp.

 

First date: They went on a carnival.

 

It was really fun because Sehun was having fun, therefore, Jongin was having fun (insert mentally retarded Jongin smiling like crazy.) There were times where he would stop momentarily and just gawk at the blonde’s beautiful features, but before the latter could even notice, he immediately shifts back to his calm self, flashing the blushing girl a charming smile.

 

But then, the fun just took a wrong turn.

 

Sehun was reluctant to go to that teacup ride, but Jongin was insisting. And well, he suddenly wished that she should have listened to her.

 

Everything was spinning and spinning and spinning that Jongin swore his eyes were revolving – rotating, whatever you get the point. And even when the ride was done, it was still spinning – now, it feels like his head was the one spinning.

 

“Jongin?” He heard Sehun beside him. “Are you al-“

 

In one swift movement, Jongin snatched the hat that Sehun was wearing and threw up.

 

Second date: They went on a dinner date.

 

Jongin was flooded with relief when Sehun didn’t break things off with him after that disaster date two weeks ago. And to make it up to her, Jongin proposed to go to that fancy restaurant his best friend, Kyungsoo’s father owned.

 

“You look amazing, pal.” Mr. Do gave him a two thumbs up before giving Jongin an encouraging push out of the kitchen doors. And just like that, his breath was taken away by the sight of Sehun with that bright red dress.

 

Wow.

 

Sehun was endearingly sweet that night. She blushed at the very first word that Jongin had said that night, which is a small whisper of “Wow.” (Jongin cleared his throat bashfully after realizing that) She was the one who took charge in holding his hand, light caresses of the fingers turning into a full hand holding. And Jongin retaliated by spoon feeding Sehun with his share of kimchi spaghetti, wiping the corner of when he spotted a smudge of sauce. Sehun giggled.

 

And just when Jongin thought that everything was going smoothly tonight, he was wrong.

 

“Sehun!”

 

Said girl’s eyes looked past Jongin, with wide and horror-filled eyes. “D-Dad?” Upon hearing who that was, Jongin stiffened. Wait, D-Dad?

 

The big gruff guy scowls at Jongin before turning his attention at his daughter. “What are you doing with this… this guy?! Didn’t I tell you not to come near him?! He’s a bad influence!”

 

Sehun frowned. “Well, this guy happened to be my boyfri – wait, what the -?! DAD, LET GO OF ME!” Jongin opened his mouth to protest but then, he felt something wet and sticky landing on his head.

 

That night ended with Jongin staring at the door where Sehun left with her father, a string of spaghetti falling that was hanging on his hair, fell right on top of his nose.

 

Third date: They went on a drive.

 

After finding out about Jongin’s girlfriend, his Dad was extremely proud. Jongin nabbed himself a beautiful girl and my son’s a man now were the first two sentences that came out of his mouth. It was really embarrassing now that he thought about it. Especially when his father openly bragged about it to their relatives (his father thought Jongin was gay because when he was little, he would always cling around Kyungsoo like a koala bear. So the moment his father learned that Kyungsoo was dating that Jongdae girl from across their street, he was slightly relieved.)

 

But thinking now, he doesn’t mind that his father embarrassed him, especially when he agreed to lend Jongin his car. He just got his driver license then.

 

“I didn’t know you could drive.” Sehun chuckles as she drags her hand at the hood of the car. Jongin fought the urge to squeal and gush about how adorable his girlfriend looks right now and instead, just flashes her the usual half-smile. Yeah, just like that, Jongin. Just like that.

 

Jongin opened the door and gestures for her to come inside. “After you.”

 

Jongin praised the heavens everything was fine. Start the car, shift gear, step on the gas, and turn the wheel and so on just like his father taught him to over summer break. The gear was a bit tricky since the car was on manual, but Jongin’s confident to say that he’s got the hang of it. The difficult part was to focus on the road because he can’t risk getting them in an accident just because he wants to stare at Sehun throughout the time

 

They arrived safe and sound much to Jongin’s delight.

 

They held hands as they walk through the beach, letting the cold water tickle their bare feet. The breeze was a bit warm, contradicting the cold sea which is why for the two, the temperature is all right. Sehun did most of the talking because Jongin was just satisfied with just listening. In fact, Jongin loves to listen, especially when it’s Sehun who speaks. It was like listening to classical music.

 

When it was getting late, Jongin finds himself driving Sehun back home, hands still feeling jittery and warm from Sehun’s hold. And because he was feeling too happy, he drove a bit faster. Sehun looked surprised, but it was clearly obvious that she likes it, so Jongin rose the speed a bit. Then another bit. Then another until the wind was furiously hitting their rosy cheeks. And Sehun was laughing and he was laughing and then there were sirens blaring behind them.

 

Wait…

 

“Aish, you kids.” The police shakes his head in disappointment just after Jongin pulled the car window open. “Okay, kid. I’ll let you go since this is a first. But that is if you show me your license.” He narrowed his eyes. “You do have a license, right?”

 

“Of course, officer. It’s right…” Jongin gulps nervously when he felt just his handkerchief in his coat. . Sehun bent her head a bit to look at Jongin, whispering a faint, you do have it, right? But Jongin’s heart was already pounding nervously.

 

, he forgot it at home.

 

The day ended with Jongin shouting at Sehun that he’s sorry as the police pushed him towards the car, his hands tightly handcuffed.

 

Fourth date: They went ice skating.

 

It was near Christmas and Sehun, on the way to go home, spotted a skating rink at the center of the plaza. In just one look, it seems like majority of the people skating are couples and kids. As Sehun was picking both of their shoes, he spotted a few people he knew. That sophomore, Chanyeol, trying to stand up as his junior girlfriend, Baekhyun, giggled at the sight. Kyungsoo was also there, skating side by side with his girlfriend, Jongdae. Yixing was as oblivious as ever, not noticing that Luhan already knew how to skate and that she only pretends not to know because she wants his attention.

 

“Hey,” Jongin gasped, startled, making Sehun laugh. “Ready to go?” Jongin responded by lacing their hands together.

 

Because the others were busy with someone, they didn’t notice each other’s presence. In fact, Jongin too was busy with Sehun, admiring the pink tint of her cheeks up to her ears. Either it’s from the cold or it’s because of Jongin wrapping his arms around her waist from the back earlier, he doesn’t know. Either way, it feels good, spending time with your girlfriend like this.

 

Whoosh!

 

Jongin’s eyes went wide and stopped abruptly when he saw Kyungsoo and Jongdae skate past them, with Kyungsoo holding his girlfriend by both hands, laughing happily. And with one swift movement, he pulled her close and lifted her as Jongdae’s giggles filled the air.

 

From that moment, Jongin thought of a good idea.

 

“Hey, Sehun-ah.” Sehun blinks her eyes to him. Jongin opens his arms. “Come here.”

 

Let’s just say things weren’t exactly the same as Jongin had expected.

 

Sehun sighs as she stares at the bandages that were wrapped around her foot before shifting her gaze at Jongin’s bandage around the arm. She furrowed her brows for a bit and sighed once again when Jongin flashed her an apologetic smile.

 

Fifth date: Christmas Eve.

 

Jongin was feeling jittery that night.

 

His parents were away and although reluctant, Sehun’s parents (her Dad, actually) eventually agreed in letting her spend the holiday with her boyfriend. So tonight, it was a very special event for Jongin. It’s the first Christmas they spend together, after all.

 

The food was already prepared (He thanked his mom over and over for making them before leaving) and the refreshments. Then there’s the guitar that he remembered borrowing from Chanyeol (he’ll thank the guy once school starts.) Took him 2 months before he finally got the hang of playing that instrument.

 

The doorbell rings. Jongin’s breath hitches.

 

Showtime.

 

Beautiful was simply an understatement at what she looks like right now. Jongin merely stood there, staring at Sehun on the front porch with eyes wide and mouth slightly open. His heart was beating abnormally fast and it seemed like the sun decided to stay inside his red sweater and let his skin drown with sweat. But of course, Jongin played it cool once again and offered the girl his famous half-smile.

 

“Come in.”

 

Oh, how things escalated so fast.

 

Jongin was in the middle of strumming the guitar, playing that beginner version of Pachelbel’s Canon when he spotted Sehun staring at him with those eyes… those eyes that he just can’t get enough of. And slowly, he stopped playing, completely mesmerized. They were slowly leaning in, leaning in to share their first kiss when…

 

Sehun’s phone began to ring.

 

“O-Oh, I…” Sehun looked down and frowned. “It’s my Dad.”

 

Jongin, however, looked flustered. “Ah, yeah. You should…” He stood up and shakily walks towards the fireplace. “I-It’s too cold. The fire isn’t – Ah, wait…” He bent down. “The firewood is out of place.” And so he reached over and took the wood that was at the end of the pit to throw it in. But the moment he retreated his hand, his eyes went wide when the sleeve of his sweater was burning.

 

All hell broke loose.

 

“Holy freaking mother of – Ah!” Jongin immediately grabbed the nearest object, which is a pillow, and began to hit it in an attempt to stop the fire. But then it wasn’t working and Sehun was already panicking, though she doesn’t seem to be vocal about it. So Jongin quickly grabbed the bowl of punch of dumped it on his arm, effectively taking out the fire.

 

Sehun assured him that it was all right and that the most important thing tonight is that Jongin is okay. But the whole time, Jongin can’t seem to stop from spewing out apologies.

 

 

 

New Year’s Eve

 

“Jongin, come here for a sec.”

 

Jongin tore his attention away from Kyungsoo and walked over to the balcony where Sehun was and smiled. “Why? What’s wrong?” And before he could ask another question, Sehun wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a long and deep kiss.

 

Correction: their first kiss.

 

And ing dammit, he didn’t even have the chance to kiss back because Sehun pulled away just when he started to process things. Dammit Jongin, you’re too slow!

 

“Jongin, I really, really like you.” Sehun said, arms still wrapped around his neck. Jongin opened his mouth. “And no, if you’re wondering, I didn’t agreed to date you because you’re cool and everything.” Jongin closed his mouth. “I just wanted you to know that I don’t really care about what the others think about you. Just,” She leaned in close. “Be yourself.”

 

Sixth date: also known as the best date ever.

 

Because Jongin is a Potterhead, he asked Sehun to have a Harry Potter marathon back at his place. Why was it the best date ever, you ask? Well, let’s just say that Sehun’s lip gloss tastes fantastic.

 

 

 

 

a/n: Sekai magickaito!au = lack of inspiration/ writer’s block so instead, I made this piece of crap (is what I think) to satisfy that person who asked for a Sekai with a female sehun a long time ago. I forgot your name, but here yah go!

One plus One equals Five?! Is coming soon! Sooharem fans, get ready! :)