xiusoo

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Minseok/fem!Kyungsoo || words: 1304  || not a drabble || summary: you can never realize how important someone is until you lost them.
author’s note: because the author thinks that in a cheating fanfic, it was always men who do it. Let’s change it, shall we? I’m tired of reading the same plot over and over in every different story.
warning: cliche... that's about it



 

Minseok was tired.

 

He sat there against the wooden door of their shared room with his wife, wanting to block out the noises that he could hear from there. The sound of his wife’s moans were audible and Minseok had to close his eyes to stop the tears from falling.

 

It wasn’t her fault. No, Minseok could never blame his lovely wife. If there’s anyone to blame, it’s probably him. Maybe it’s because they loved each other too much that the flame had died down on Kyungsoo’s part. Though it was still burning bright at Minseok’s, it wasn’t still the same. Not when he knows that Kyungsoo doesn’t love him anymore.

 

The bed was creaking furiously in each passing minute and Minseok’s eyes were already stinging from the pain of preventing not to let out the cry he’s been trying to stop. His breath was shaky, body trembling and chest clenching painfully.

 

The world was indeed cruel, he thought.

 

“Daddy?”

 

Minseok snapped his eyes open and stares at their 6 year-old son, Jongdae. He managed to muster out the best smile he could ever do and welcomes his son in his arms. The moment that did, Minseok whispered out a pained cry, burying his face in his son’s soft locks.

 

Because in every heartbreak a person experiences, his was the most painful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The morning consists of cheery smiles and affections that if Minseok was still clueless and oblivious to his wife’s cheating with her ex-lover behind his back, it would still be the same. He would still act like Kyungsoo is that girl who he thought was a person who sees PDA a crime and he would still find it adorable.

 

“Good morning, sweetheart.” Minseok would greet her after he had placed her cup of coffee in front of her. Kyungsoo would just mumble something under breath before flashing a smile at Jongdae in front of her.

 

There was a moment of silence before Minseok asked. “Do you want me to cook you something?”

 

“Nah, coffee’s fine.” Kyungsoo downs her coffee after it was cool enough to drink and makes her way upstairs. “Going overtime today so don’t wait up, okay?”

 

Minseok smiles and nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You need to leave her.”

 

Minseok doesn’t answer and continues to type the documents that were due today. Luhan sighed. “Minseok.” Said guy hummed. “You need to leave her. It’s killing you already.”


“You know, I can’t.”

 

Luhan scoffed a laugh. “What do you mean you can’t? You’re the man of the house! You’re supposed to call the shots in the relationship.”

 

“It’s not supposed to work that way.” Minseok said, eyes not leaving his work. “In a relationship, you need balance.”

 

“You know what’s not supposed to work that way? Your relationship with that deceiving . You and Jongdae need to pack up and –“ Luhan was cut off abruptly by Minseok slamming his fist down the table.

 

“Don’t ever… call Kyungsoo that.”

 

That was the end of the conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So there’s this trip in the office.” Kyungsoo trailed off, tracing the rim of her coffee mug. Minseok raised his brows as if he’s expecting to hear more of what she’s about to ask. “I need money to buy tickets to Las Vegas.”

 

“Soo, let’s go on a trip. Just the two of us.”

 

“And where do you think you want to go?”

 

“What do you think about Las Vegas?”

 

“Okay, Jongin. I’ll see what I can do.”

 

Although Minseok already know what that trip was really for, he forcefully swallowed the lump in his throat and slowly nodded with a cheerful smile. “Okay, sweetheart. I’ll… I’ll see what I can do.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ve been working your since last week. You need a break, man.” Luhan clapped Minseok on the shoulder and gave it a comforting rub. “Yixing made a mean apple pie tonight. Why don’t you come over and have one? You could even bring home for Jongdae.”

 

Minseok shakes his head. “Tell your wife I’m sorry, Lu.” He faces the computer again. “I’m working overtime tonight.”

 

Luhan furrowed his brows. “Again?”

 

“I asked boss if I could have my early pay so in exchange, I have to work overtime and –“


“You’re doing this for Kyungsoo and her guy again, right?”

 

Minseok sighed. “Luhan.”

 

“You know what? Fine.” Luhan angrily stuffed his things inside his satchel. “I don’t really get why the won’t you leave your wife after doing this to you. You know Yixing and I got you and Jongdae’s back all the way, but no. Instead, you chose to do the most idiotic thing in the world a man has ever done.” Minseok got his head hang low throughout the time making Luhan heave a heavy sigh. “Just… call me, Minseok. Don’t bottle everything up.”

 

The moment the younger left, Minseok put his hands in his head and cried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The road was dark.

 

The light was dim.

 

Everything was quiet.

 

Everything was still.

 

With the white envelope safely tucked in his coat pocket, Minseok drove home with a tired smile plastered on his face, literally imagining the face of excitement and happiness Kyungsoo would have when he gave the money needed for her trip to Vegas.

 

The moment he made a turn, the sound of crunching metal and broken glass surrounded him. Then, there was a crack.

 

It was 3 am in the morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok was tired.

 

He was so tired.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.epilogue

 

Kyungsoo opened the white envelope that was the only remnant of Minseok’s belonging that was salvaged from the fire at the accident. It was said to be found very far from the scene, as if it was thrown out just before the collision.

 

Kyungsoo choked out a sob.

 

In there was money and a note.

 

Have fun, sweetheart :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: hmm… terrible… I think the way I write it is terrible. (I’m ready. Come and get me!)

ANYWAYS, does anyone of you know – wait, of course you know 10080. The whole cheating with the chansoo and baekyeol pairing was really a tearjerker. Though most of the readers find their hearts reaching out to Baekhyun (me, included) my heart really goes out to Kyungsoo throughout the story. Why? Hmm… the whole story, you can see how Baekhyun suffered in the relationship, but what about Kyungsoo? Doesn’t anyone notice how hurt he was because of Park ing Chanyeol? (I’ll leave the rest of you to figure out how my mind works.)

But I’m sure the only comment we both had in common after reading that story was how stupid and awful Chanyeol was in there. (nods head in agreement)

(I read 10080 again and this time, I looked more into Kyungsoo’s situation rather than the Baekyeol pairing. /sniffs/ my poor squishy soo, let me give you a hug. But first, let me take a selfie LOL)

 

 

SO MUCH FOR THAT,

To that person who asked for a xiusoo, here you go. I hope you enjoyed this!

 

I’m beginning to get more confused now so I wrote a list about what pairing that you guys requested and randomly ask a friend of mine a scenario to help my writing (you can help too if you want!) Please wait patiently for the others and if it’s delayed, then yes, I am working on my harem series in this collection. and if it's delayed like really, REALLY delayed, do remind me again.

 

KAPOW! = that means I love you guys in my dictionary. Don’t ask.