chanhun

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Chanyeol/fem!Sehun || words: 923 || drabble || summary: Chanyeol was tired of making an effort, so he decided to stop trying.


 

It was really hard to date someone as cold as Oh Sehun.

 

Sehun wasn’t an ordinary girl to begin with. She came from a rich family, has an elite status and is an overall popular girl. She lives in a separate house with her parents and both houses were as big as a mansion. Sehun was intimidating, very picky and very, very hard to get along with if you’re in a different level as her.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t that rich. He wasn’t even that handsome unlike the other guys that belonged to the elites. He was just a normal guy with normal looks and a normal status that has normal parents who got normal pay to get them by.

 

So why in the hell would she even agree to date him?

 

Chanyeol admits on being one of those guys that would fawn over Sehun whenever she would walk down the hall. But unlike the others, he was a scared. He was afraid of confessing and getting rejected, fearing the pain that he will feel when his heart breaks. Because every single one of the guys that confessed to her get downright rejected.

 

But in the last year of high school, Chanyeol decided to man up and confessed to her in a form of a letter. He expected to be rejected and be branded as a reject like every guy on campus.

 

“Yeah, sure.” She shrugs and walks away. Chanyeol was dumbfounded.

 

“Wait, wait, wait, wait,” Chanyeol ran after Sehun and grabbed her by the elbow. “What do you mean by sure?”

 

Sehun furrowed her brows at the sight of someone touching her. Chanyeol noticed this and quickly takes his hand back, embarrassed. Sehun sighed. “It means, I accept your confession. I’ll be your girlfriend, you’ll be my boyfriend. Do you understand now?” Chanyeol opened his mouth. “Good.” Chanyeol ended up closing it.

 

In approximately 10 minutes after that, everyone on campus know that Sehun and Chanyeol are dating.

 

Chanyeol never felt so small in his whole life.

 

Contradicting his giant stature, Chanyeol felt small, vulnerable as everyone looked down on him. His status, his wealth, his grades and things were always criticized. Everyone was giving him the stink eye – special mention: rejected suitors – and his friends, well, what he thought was his friends, all began to hate him.

 

Then there was Sehun.

 

He wanted to talk to her but whenever he would make a move to do so, she would avoid her and sometimes act like he wasn’t there. People began to doubt their relationship resulting in guys continuing their flirty and suggestive acts towards his girlfriend. Chanyeol was torn.

 

“There’s gonna be this event at our place. Do you wanna go with me?”

 

The moment Sehun asked that, Chanyeol was overjoyed.

 

How he wished he stayed home instead.

 

The supposed casual party was actually a formal one. Though he doesn’t blame the elites because in their dictionary, casual means wearing dresses and tux while formal means wearing something even grander than that. Chanyeol felt so out of place with just his jeans and shirt.

 

It was overall the worst night of Chanyeol’s life.

 

Sehun’s parents hates him. Close family friends instantly took a dislike at him because of his status and Chanyeol found himself as a laughing stock by Sehun’s cousins, distant and close alike.

 

And so, Chanyeol pulled Sehun away from her group of friends to talk in private, ignoring the sneers and snickers Sehun’s clique were giving as they walk away. And with a weak voice he whispered,

 

“Dating you was supposed to be fun and happy. It was supposed to be considered as the best thing that ever happened to me. But I never knew,” Chanyeol forces down the lump in his throat. “I never knew that loving you could be this so… exhausting.” Without letting Sehun say anything, he continued. “So I’m done with you. You’re never gonna hear anything from me. I’m cutting all of my connections with you. I wanted to say thank you, but… there wasn’t an us to begin with, right?”

 

Chanyeol left Sehun standing there with eyes wide and mouth slightly open, gaping.

 

 

 

 

Kris, his childhood friend and one of his real friends, took a seat next to him at the cafeteria (the two of them are studying in the same university.) He took a small bite of his sandwich before leaning over to whisper on Chanyeol’s ear. “Sehun’s staring at you again.”

 

Chanyeol waved him away. “Let her be.”

 

After the break-up, Sehun’s behavior towards Chanyeol seemed…desperate. She began to notice him, tries to engage him into small talk which Chanyeol politely ends abruptly with an excuse before leaving her defeated, and some other things that Chanyeol wished she would have done before when they were still dating. Sehun even went as far as applying in the same university as he is.

 

For short, she was acting like a child desperate for her toy back after it has been taken away from her.

 

Kris took another bite of his sandwich and muttered. “You really need to stop watching How I Met your Mother.”

 

Chanyeol leaned back and smirked, watching Sehun’s reflection on the screen of his phone, and yes, she was indeed staring at him. He would give Sehun 3 weeks before she’ll be falling on her knees, begging for Chanyeol to come back to her.

 

Thank you, Barney Stinson.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: to anyone of you who doesn’t know this: Chanyeol used the Lobster Theory. Search for it if you still don’t get it.

to that person who wants a Chanhun, there you go! Have fun, dood and stay awesome!

The part 2 of the baeksoo will come very soon! The internet just freaking need to cooperate first. (sighs)