chenhun

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Sehun/fem!Chen || words: 1796 || not a drabble || summary: wherein Chen doesn’t believe in love.
note: same universe as this.


 

Love doesn’t exist in Chen’s dictionary.

 

Growing up, she found herself being exposed to her family’s history. The reason why her big brother Jongdae hates their mother so much and why he tends to stay in their Uncle Luhan’s place rather than here. The air around them was always tense and heavy and Chen hates it.

 

He wouldn’t stay no matter how Chen begged for her big brother to stay. Especially that time when he found out that their mother’s boyfriend, Jongin, moved in the house. Chen could not stand the lengthy shouts and screams of frustration that Jongdae threw at their mother so she opted to stay inside her room and tried to focus on the blaring music on her headphone.

 

“Oppa.” Chen called out to him in the middle of the night the moment she caught him sneaking out of the house with his red backpack hanging on his shoulder. “Are you going to Uncle Luhan’s place?”

 

“Yeah.” Jongdae reaches out to ruffle the girl’s hair.

 

“C-Can I come with?” But Jongdae gently shook his head and sighed.


“Stay with… with her. You never know what she might do with Dad’s belongings.”

 

And so she stayed, watching as their mother interact with that boyfriend of hers inside the house. The guy, Jongin, would interact with her sometimes and she would awkwardly reply with a soft murmur or shrug before walking away. It was the same with their mother. Ever since she was born, she was never close with her mom. It was their grandparents’ from her father’s side were the ones that took care of her when she was still a toddler.

 

The hatred that Grandpa and Grandma Kim have and the pure hatred and disgust that her Uncle Luhan has with their mother, she knew. There were different stories, but the one that stood clear was her brother’s version.

 

“If it wasn’t for you, then Dad would still be here. He would’ve been here, watching me grow up – he would even be here to see Chen grow up but no. You just have to screw things up with that boy toy of yours. You killed him. You killed him! I hate you!” Jongdae shouted at their mom.

 

Their mom cried hard that day and even though he got in a fist fight with Jongin, Jongdae still got the last word.

 

The idea of a complete family is now thrown out of the window.

 

Because of that, Chen got scared of love, not wanting to end up like her mother, or worse, like her father. She would avoid suitors and any possible love interest. And when things started to get out of hand, she reminds herself of what her family came to be and poof! The magic was gone. She was back to normal.

 

Or at least, normal according to Chen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chen slowly descended the stairs, still looking sleepy and exhausted despite looking like she’s ready to go to school. By the time she got to the dining room, she spotted her mother and Jongin involved in a conversation about the latter’s work. They stopped when they noticed her presence.

 

“Oh good morning, sweetie.” Her mother beams at her, pushing in a plate of bacon and eggs on her direction. “Do you want me to get you some milk?”

 

“No.” She gently shook her head. “I need to go to school.”

 

“You,” Her mother checks on the clock. “You still got time. It’s early. Come and sit.”

 

“I need to go.” She leaves the room with a toast between her lips, oblivious at the sad look that her mother’s been giving. And just before she could get out of the house after slipping in her shoes, she paused for a moment upon hearing her mother’s soft call.

 

She craned her neck and looked at her.

 

“Your brother,” She trails. “Has Jongdae been calling you?”

 

Chen contemplated on whether to tell or not but she nodded anyway. “He called last night. Asked me how I’ve been doing.”

 

“I-I see.” She bit her lip and sighed. “Can you tell him that I-I’m sorry and that… I want him to come home because I,” She can see her mother’s glassy eyes. “I miss him. Please tell him to come home.”

 

“I don’t know.” It was true. Her brother doesn’t have any intentions on coming home. Instead, he talked about earning a lot so that he could take her in. “But I’ll convince him.”

 

“Okay. Thank you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“There is no way in hell am I going home.”

 

Chen sighs. “Oppa.”

 

Jongdae clicks his tongue. “That took down all of Dad’s photos and let that bastard in Dad’s house. That was the last straw. When I said that I don’t have a mother, I meant every word, Chen.” She was about to open but the elder Kim waved his hands in dismissal. “Enough about that bull. I want to know more about you.”

 

Chen furrowed her brows. “What about me?”

 

“I heard from a little birdie that you got a suitor.”

 

She hums. “Who?

 

“You know,” Jongdae grins. “That kid you befriended when we were staying back at Uncle Han’s place. Remember Oh Sehun?”

 

Oh, him.

 

Sehun was that kid who always pesters her about going out with him on a date. He’s three years younger than her, so innocent and naïve little boy that has that puppy crush on her. She didn’t know that confession of his undying love back when the kid was still in third grade was for real.

 

“Can you please not?” Chen lowers her head until it gently hits the café table. “That kid won’t leave me alone.”

 

Jongdae snickers. “Ah, so good to be young and in love. I’ll remember this moment where you’ll whine and complain about that kid, but I’m willing to bet that you and Sehun might end up running towards the sunset and -”

 

Chen glares. “I have no idea how Joonmyun oppa puts up with you.”

 

“That guy loves me to death, little sister.” Jongdae winks. “He’s even willing to my –“

 

“Okay, okay…” She scowls. “Drop it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona, noona, noona.”

 

Chen continued to walk, ignoring the calls that kept on appearing on her right, then to her left, a poke and another. She swore she could feel a vein popping on her forehead. “Noona.”

 

“What?”

 

“Go out with me.” Sehun beams.

 

“No.”

 

“Why not? Is it because I’m still in middle school? Don’t worry because I’ll be a freshman in high school next year!”

 

Chen sighed. “It’s not like that, Sehun-ah. I-“

 

“Come on, come on… please?” Sehun jumps up and down in front of the 17 year old teenager. “You won’t even know unless you try. Who knows? Maybe I am your –“

 

“Don’t say it…” Chen held out a hand in front of the younger’s face. “Don’t you dare…”

 

“Destiny.” Sehun finishes with a cheery smile and although Chen was tempted to say no and shoot down the kid again for the nth time, maybe it won’t hurt to try this relationship that the younger proposes. So in end, she nodded.

 

Sehun’s eyes animatedly went wide before it turned into crescents as he laughed out loud. “REALLY?! OH MY GOD! THIS IS SO COOL!”

 

One thing’s for sure, though.

 

“CHEN NOONA’s MY GIRLFRIEND!” Sehun shouts as he ran past her with hands up in the air in glee.

 

She’s definitely not going to take him seriously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And so, news about them dating spreads fast… but to Sehun’s disappointment, the news was shot down by the elder teen with a shake of her head, telling her peers that it was just a misunderstanding and that Sehun was too young for her tastes because she prefers older men.

 

“Hey, let’s just keep our relationship a secret.” Chen said during their walk home. “I mean, you do understand right? You’re still in middle school while I’m a sophomore. It will be…weird.”

 

Sehun just nodded.

 

But in every dates arranged, Chen would sometimes bail – even going as far as getting the younger stood up on more than one occasion. Chen would apologize, of course and Sehun foolishly believed her excuses because hell, he loves the girl to death.

 

But sometimes, even a guy as cheerful and patient like Sehun has their limits. And honestly, it’s on the verge on reaching its point.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It happened during a party.

 

Sehun was worried on where her girlfriend was late at night. He tried calling her numerous times only to be left unanswered. He even called her brother on his girlfriend’s whereabouts. Thinking hard, he began to enumerate every possible guy that knows everything and– oh right, Chanyeol!

 

Thus, he ended up here in this said party.

 

In the midst of people pushing and some groping his , he finally saw Chen… with a guy.

 

It was clear that this tall blonde guy’s hitting on his girlfriend and the sight made Sehun’s blood boil. But to his surprise, Chen was entertaining the guy. Even smiling at the guy’s advances. Knuckles that’s caressing her cheeks, the smile that Sehun doesn’t see her flashing at him.

 

It was for a brief moment that their eyes met and Sehun expects Chen to apologize, maybe turn her attention to him and introduce him to her friends, proud and with a smile like a normal girlfriend would do to their boyfriend.

 

But instead…

 

“Hey, do you know that kid?”

 

“I don’t know, Kris. How about you get us something to drink, hmm?” And the moment this Kris guy left, Chen dragged him by the elbow and said, “Go home, Sehun. You’re not allowed here.”

 

That was the last straw.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, sis. I thought Sehunnie’s going to study at your school?”

 

Chen paused midchew on her fries and furrowed her brows in confusion. “Wait, he’s not?”

 

Jongdae shakes his head. “No, he’s actually in London. He left last Monday, says that he’s going to stay with his aunt for the meantime.” He paused. “Didn’t he tell you?”

 

Chen froze.

 

 

 

(3 weeks after that, Joonmyun has to apologize numerous times to Chen because of his boyfriend’s hurtful words towards his younger sister.

“You’re no better than that !” Jongdae shouts. “Stay there in that ing house with her because you ing belong there!”)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, Chen stared at the ceiling with eyes void of emotion, leaving her phone lying on her table.

 

Let’s break up – Sehun

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: part 2 will come soon.

Note: I’m stuck with the bit, but I assure you that I am getting there! I just need to get out of my room and leave my xbox be to get more inspiration.