sesoo

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Sehun/fem!Kyungsoo || words: 1990 || summary: true love aren’t just for couples.


 

 

Everything was dark.

 

I can’t feel anything.

 

My head hurts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo snapped her eyes open and stared wide-eyed at the black creature in front of her.

 

He was all black, save from the white bowtie and his eyes, pure and bright white. Despite the intimidating appearance, Kyungsoo doesn’t feel that frightened over the creature. Its hands were big and arms long enough for it to carry her as if she weighed nothing.

 

The creature tilts its head and slowly places her down so she was sitting on the very top of the grand piano.

 

Kyungsoo blinks twice. “Who are you?” She looks around. “Where am I? What is this place?” For a young girl of thirteen, curiosity was at her peak. But then, it was also normal for people to ask these questions. Instead of an answer though, the creature took a step back and sits on the piano bench and just stares at her.

 

And after a few seconds, he lifts his finger and points up at the open window at the very ceiling.

 

She was confused. But come to think of it, the creature doesn’t have a mouth. It doesn’t have a nose either. Only eyes. Those pure and bright eyes.

 

After a minute or so, she was surprised when the creature stretched its long arms, revealing long fingers, and hovers them on the piano keys before pressing them gently, testing out a few notes. Kyungsoo watches in curiosity and then not a second later, in awe at the majestic music it was creating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few more songs, she gasped in surprise when she spotted a path towards her left. A staircase leading upwards to be in fact. Curiosity hits her once again that made her leap towards the floor, making the creature stop with his playing, and made her way towards the new path. It baffles her a bit considering she doesn’t remember it being there.

 

Once entering a small room, Kyungsoo gasped in surprise at the amount of books stacked and some neatly placed on tall shelves. Some were piled around the floor. But what got her eyes to widen is that the creature was there, sitting on the stacked up red books as if it’s been there the whole time.

 

“Y-You.” Kyungsoo approaches the creature. “How did you get here? I thought you were –“

 

Kyungsoo squeaked when she found yet another creature – or person, she furrowed her brows. It was a masked lady or girl… she doesn’t know. But it seems to be that she’s sleeping. She sighs. Shifting her attention back to the black creature, Kyungsoo frowns. She can’t call it, It forever.

 

She calls him Deemo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Deemo loves to play piano, she notices.

 

He’s sometimes seen between playing the piano and reading books. But what’s even more interesting, is that Deemo acts like a human being. He’s quiet, yes, and doesn’t say much and do much but just stare at her whenever she says or asks something.

 

After closing the book that she deems interesting, Kyungsoo walks down the staircase only to find Deemo crouched down on the ground, staring at something on the ground.

 

“What’cha got there?” When there’s no response, she sighs. “You don’t really talk too much, huh?” Left with no choice, she approaches Deemo and peeks at the thing that the creature finds interesting, only to find herself gasping in awe.

 

A sprout on the chopped part of the stump where the grand piano lies.

 

Interesting.

 

She was too caught up on staring at the sprout that she didn’t notice Deemo was already staring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was revealed that the sprout feeds on the music Deemo was making.

 

And so, Deemo plays making the sprout grow into a tree. Sometimes Kyungsoo would dance along with the melody and sometimes she would prop herself up from the top and watch as Deemo skillfully plays. He was in his element that not even Kyungsoo’s questions of how he got here and how he survives here distracted him.

 

Though sometimes, she wonders – spacing for about a few minutes or so. She loves the music, yes, but there was something in there… like there was something that she’d forgotten very dearly. It made her feel like there’s a big gaping hole in her heart.

 

Until finally, it became a fully grown tree.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That was the first time she ever heard the Mask Lady talk to her.

 

“What are you doing?” She growls. “Stop whatever you’re doing right now!”

 

Kyungsoo furrows her brows. “I don’t understand.”

 

“I didn’t ask for you to understand.” She said. “I asked for you to stop. So just please, do it.”

 

But Deemo still played and because it was his decision to continue, the Masked Lady didn’t have a choice but to silently watch from the library window. Kyungsoo can tell that she’s upset about it, but she didn’t pay no heed and just focuses back to Deemo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was one fateful encounter that she noticed the key on top of one of the shelves. She tried reaching from the railings, but her arms were too short to reach so she ended up piling stacks of books only to end up nearly falling if it wasn’t for Deemo catching her from behind.

 

“Key.” Kyungsoo looks up at the creature.

 

As always, Deemo didn’t question it further and just lifted her up until she could reach the key on top of the shelf.

 

It was the moment of truth.

 

Somewhere behind the secret lair of the Masked Lady, Kyungsoo found out that the picture of another path from the wall was actually another path that leads towards a locked door. This key on her had is probably the only way to open it.

 

Deemo was watching her from behind. Kyungsoo gave him a nod before fitting the key inside the keyhole.

 

“Stop!”

 

In a blink of an eye, her hands dropped the key. “Stop whatever you’re doing!” The Masked Lady exclaims in anger. “Just go back. I don’t care whatever you’re doing. Play the piano, I don’t know. Just stop!”

 

Like a tug of war, the Masked Lady grabbed the key once Kyungsoo finally took a hold of it and tried to take it away from her. But Kyungsoo puts up a fight. She was really curious on what the other was hiding from her – from them. It must be bad, she thought. For her to do this drastic just to keep it away from them, it must be so bad.

 

Before things could get worse, Kyungsoo suddenly stopped – wait, no – actually, both of them froze when Deemo reaches over and places his big hand on top of the Mask Lady’s head. Her hoodie that was covering her head slightly moving from the way Deemo rubs it soothingly as if he’s telling her “It’s okay.”

 

Defeated once again, the Masked Lady dropped her grip from the key and let Kyungsoo open the door. All she could do is helpless watch as she opened it and began her way upwards once she found another staircase. Kyungsoo gave her one last look before pushing forward with Deemo behind her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes once they finally made it.

 

In front of her was the window on top, but unlike the one on the ground floor, this window was very close to reach. A floating blue platform was hovering like it was some sort of an elevator upwards. Kyungsoo could not believe her eyes. So the Masked Lady was hiding the place where she could take her home.

 

Before she could even get a word out, she felt herself floating only to find that it was Deemo lifting her up from the ground. And gently, he placed her on the platform.

 

Tears were suddenly springing from her eyes.

 

“D-Deemo, wait.”

 

But Deemo didn’t say anything and lets himself be seated to the piano bench. And with one last look to Kyungsoo, he plays.

 

That’s when Kyungsoo felt something pulling her back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa! Oppa, look at the cute kitty!”

 

“Ah, Kyungsoo-yah. Don’t run.”

 

Kyungsoo stopped on her tracks and waited for the guy to approach her. And once he finally took a hold of her hand, she looks up and beams at him. “Sehun-oppa, you’re so slow.”

 

Sehun looks down apologetically as he scratches his neck. “Ah, sorry. But you shouldn’t run. I don’t want you to get lost. You see, it’s Sunday and there’s a lot of people.”

 

“But you won’t lose me right?” Kyungsoo giggles. “You’ll always find me, right?”

 

Sehun smiles. “Of course, Kyungsoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It happened so fast.

 

The truck was spiraling out of control.

 

The man was shouting for them to get out of the way.

 

The brake was broken, he shouts.

 

But it was too late for them to react.

 

So with one strong push, Kyungsoo felt herself being thrown off the ground. She felt something hit her head and then everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo felt herself going back, tears spilling uncontrollably down her cheeks.

 

The platform was slowly rising as Deemo continues to play the piano, revealing that its music is the only one that can make it move. But as he does, pieces of his black skin were slowly evaporating revealing pale and smooth skin. It moves up until it reaches his knees, his chest and then –

 

Kyungsoo gasped. “S-Sehun-oppa?”

 

De – Sehun looks at her and then smiles. That warm and gentle smile she remembers seeing whenever she’s with him. That smile that assures her that everything’s going to be all right. Even when things are getting tough for them, it was okay. As long as they both got each other, everything is fine.

 

The Mask Lady approaches him and stood up beside him from where Sehun was sitting. And slowly, she took off her mask revealing that it was none other than herself. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide upon seeing her face.

 

Sehun looks at the girl beside him and then smiled.

 

“N-No,” Kyungsoo sobs. “No, please… O-Oppa.”

 

Sehun looks up at Kyungsoo. “Everything’s going to be fine.” He said in that same voice he yearns to hear. Hearing his voice brought more tears in her eyes.

 

And with one last look, Kyungsoo clamped her eyes shut and forces herself to turn away.

 

Then everything went white.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo snapped her eyes open, finally registering the white ceiling and the soft beeping noise beside her. After finally realizing where she is, she jumped out of the bed and immediately ran towards the open window only to find the view of the city welcoming her.

 

Images and memories of her and Deemo came flashing to her mind that she didn’t realize she was openly sobbing on the floor, her body curled up like that of a baby.

 

“Oh my god, someone call the doctor!” One of the nurses gasp in surprise upon seeing little Kyungsoo finally awake. “She’s awake! Call Mr. and Mrs. Do!” She ran towards her and helped her stand up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo-yah.” Her mother said that night, her eyes puffy red from crying. “Your Sehun-oppa didn’t make it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author’s note:

  • Story is based on an android and IOS game “Deemo”
  • Kyungsoo fell down from the window.
  • The mask lady represents a part of Kyungsoo that wants to stay with her brother, Deemo (Sehun) which explains why she looks like her. (because she is her)
  • Master coconut is so hooked up with the game that she can’t help but cry and wail and sob at how tragic their relationship is. (just finished the game and I was like wooohhaat?!)
  • Sibling love is considered as love right? Haha, yeah. (go FROZEN)
  • Master coconut is still not accepting requests. She just felt like making a story and just used “SESOO” because she doesn’t know what pairing to use. So to the one who asked me to make one for this pairing, here you go.