taoris

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kris/ fem!Tao || words: 959 || drabble || summary: based on the baron and baronness' love story


 

Kris was a college student taking up a medicine course back at Germany when he first met the woman of his dreams.

 

She was tall and got this typical Chinese beauty despite the fierce and taunting look. Blonde hair falling down graciously on her shoulders as she walks majestically pass the tall shelves of the library, a big thick book on her arms. She was the first one to talk to him and Kris couldn’t help but be captivated at the sight.

 

“Is this seat taken?” she had spoken with her soft voice and it took a few blinks before Kris managed an understandable reply.

 

Turns out, her name was Huang Zitao.

 

Their conversations consist of shy glances and awkward accidental brushes of fingers and elbows that got his ears to turn bright red. They would talk about the daily happenings, sometimes the news and other times their mutual hatred for this cranky chemistry professor they both had. But what got them close was this particular statue of two cats at that small café.

 

“That is the Baron.” The owner flashes Tao a toothy grin. “He looks great, no?”

 

Zitao nodded eagerly. “Yes, he is.”

 

“But,” The owner then gestures at the statue of the white cat beside the Baron. “He looks amazing right next to his Baroness.” He chuckles. “You see, stories says that they were built by this young apprentice in a world where magic is alive. But despite the cruel happenings that has been brought down upon them, they were happy because they were given the ability to love.”

 

As Kris listens to the story, he can’t help but divert his eyes at Zitao, who was listening eagerly with that beautiful smile plastered on her face. And due to his fascination at the statue, Kris decided to buy the Baron but the owner does not want to sell the statue much to his dismay.

 

“I’ll buy the Baroness!” Zitao exclaimed, surprising Kris and the owner. “I mean, just the thought of them not being together doesn’t feel right.” She bit her lower lip and looks at the owner. “I think they should be together at all cost.”

 

Upon hearing that, the owner agreed.

 

Their first kiss happened during their talk about the Baron’s backstory with his lover, the Baroness. It was a chilly night and Zitao was hanging out in his dorm room when he decided to lean over and give her a chaste kiss on the lips. It was simple brush, yet it got his heart beating fast. He remembered cupping her beautiful face with his big and calloused hands, tenderly her cheek as he kisses her slow and sweet. It was a big risk and fortunately, Zitao reciprocated it the second time their lips touched.

 

Kris swore the two statues sparkled that night.

 

“My love for you is like the love for the Baron to his Baroness.” Kris mumbles against Tao’s shoulder blade. “We should be together at all cost.” Zitao giggles and pushes him playfully.

 

“So cheesy.”

 

Unfortunately, their time spent together was shorten when a war broke out in China and all the men out there were called out to help, Kris included. Zitao was reluctant to let him go, but because there was no other choice, she decided to give in and just wraps her lover in a tight hug.

 

“I swear to come back here as soon as it’s all over.” Kris says, pulling Zitao’s hands close until it touches his lips. “Hold on to the Baroness and I’ll take care of the Baron for the moment we reunite is the time they’ll be together again.”

 

“Promise me we’ll see each other again, Kris.”

 

Kris engulfs her in a tight hug. “Promise.”

 

Unfortunately, that promise didn’t happen.

 

The war broke out for almost 3 years and it took 5 years to get the country back in pieces. When they were allowed to go, Kris immediately boarded a plane to Germany to find Zitao. But alas, he didn’t find any trace of her. He searched all around Germany for her but she was gone. He didn’t find her. And so Kris went back to China with a heavy heart, clinging to the remaining bits of memories with Zitao.

 

He never saw her again.

 

 

 

 

 

PRESENT DAY:  August 13, 2014

 

“Oh, what’s this?” Tao leans down and stares at the cat statue that’s standing near the frames.

 

“That’s the Baron.” Yifan shrugs. “It’s my great-great-great grandfather’s. Passed down from generation to generation so I think you can call that a family heirloom.” He scratches the back of his neck. “Why? What about it?”

 

“I don’t know. I mean, I—“ Tao furrows her brows a bit before straightening up. “I thought this looked familiar. Doesn’t it have like a partner or something? I swear we have one at home. It’s a girl, though. I think my Dad called it the Baroness… I think.”

 

Yifan hums and raises both eyebrows at the girl. “Shall I check it out at your place then?”

 

At the thought of the giant coming to her house, Tao’s face turned into a dark shade of red, reaching up until the tip of her ears. “I-I guess so.”

 

Yifan grins. “Expect me to come there this Saturday, then.” He straightens his shirt and stretches his fingers. “Now let’s get started with that Physics project, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: inspired by the Baron’s tale in the movie Whisper of the Heart. Yo, ChocolateLove24! I found a good plot for the Taoris bit you wanted! Hope you like it!