xiusoo (1/3)

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Kyungsoo/fem!Minseok || words: 2259 || summary: after a sudden turn of events, Kyungsoo decided to take a break and listen to his sister’s advice. || part I/III


 

 

Mr. Do, please tell us what you’re feeling.

 

Is the downfall of the company related to the scandal?

 

Is it true that your best friend impregnated your wife, Mr. Do?

 

 

Kyungsoo didn’t bother to look at their direction and continues his way towards the entrance, ignoring the pain on his jaw when a reporter harshly bumped a microphone on his chin. He kept his expression blank, a trademark look he sported ever since he became like this. Kyungsoo mentally frowns. When will this torture stop, he wonders.

 

His secretary, Jongdae comes in his side in a flash, bowing his head in respect at the sight of the young CEO entering the main lobby. “Sir, we are currently in a crisis right now. Mr. Kim wants to turn down our offer. Apparently, he changed his mind after hearing the scandal you’re in now.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t even blink an eye upon hearing that.

 

“Sir,” His sentence got cut off when Kyungsoo opened the door, not even waiting for Jongdae to come inside when he closed the door with a loud bang. Jongdae was taken back for a second, closes his eyes and breathes deeply before entering the office. Slowly, his grip on the clipboard went tighter as if he’s hanging for dear life. “S-Sir?”

 

Because right now, Kyungsoo is like a time bomb.

 

Everything was fine and dandy. He’s living the life, managing a company – an empire his family built that was passed on for generations. He’s married to the most beautiful woman, Kim Joonmyun, who he loved dearly. And also beside him was his best friend for 8 years, Kris Wu, who supported him all the way.

 

It happened a week ago.

 

Hearing the news got him to lash out in anger. Upon hearing the news from Yixing, another close friend of his, he refused to see anyone and locked himself inside his study, throwing things and screaming, shouting in pure anger and hatred. Until finally, he walked out of the room feeling numb and uncaring on what’s happening around him. He remembers Joonmyun crying – begging for Kyungsoo to please listen to her explanations but Kyungsoo was having none of it.

 

That happened earlier this morning.

 

“Jongdae.”


Jongdae’s eyes went wide. “Y-Yes, sir.”

 

“Get my lawyer.” Kyungsoo slumps down on his swivel chair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How long?”

 

“2 years.”

 

“I see.”

 

Kyungsoo got up from his seat and walked out of the room, leaving Joonmyun and their lawyers as he walked outside for a quick breather.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“2 years?! That cheated on you with that bastard for two ing years?!”

 

Baekhyun presses a hand on her husband’s shoulder. “Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. “No, I won’t calm down.” He scowls. “After all the things you did for her – for them, this is how they repay you?” His scowl deepened. “This is so ed up. I can’t believe…” He clamped his eyes shut and growled in frustration. “Goddamit, Kyungsoo! What’s with the reaction?!”

 

Kyungsoo slumps lifelessly on the chair, staring at his untouched dinner. Baekhyun doesn’t like it when a person doesn’t eat his/her food, especially food that she prepared, but she guesses that today’s an exception.

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Come on, Yeol. Up you go.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes went wide. “But dear.”

 

“Just go…” She pats his chest twice. “I want to talk to Kyungsoo privately.”

 

Chanyeol grumbles a few words before finally nodding in defeat. When he was gone, Baekhyun moved over to the younger, brushing a few strands of hair on his forehead. “Kyungsoo-yah.” When the younger didn’t respond, she heavily sighed. “Kyungsoo-yah, talk to noona. Come on.”

 

It took a few minutes for Kyungsoo to slowly look up to his elder sister, his eyes glassy and expression so broken, it made Baekhyun’s heart reach out for his brother.

 

“Noona.” Kyungsoo croaked out. “Noona, I’m… I-I’m so tired.”

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo.” She wraps her arms around the younger’s head and pulls him against her chest.

 

Kyungsoo cried hard that night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“K-Kyungsoo, it doesn’t have to be this way.”

 

“Sign it.”

 

“Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, please… I love you.”

 

“Then why did you do it?”

 

“I… I don’t know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol growls in frustration. “When will the media leave you alone? Aren’t you and that already separated?” He huffs. “We can’t even go out for dinner without being hoarded by paparazzis and reporters. I mean, seriously? They scare Sehunnie.”

 

“The divorce isn’t finalize until the end of the week, hyung.”

 

Chanyeol groans, but quickly pulled up a happy face when Sehun, his son, came crawling towards him.

 

Baekhyun hums and taps her chin, thinking. Then she smiles. “I think,” She approaches her brother and places both hands on his shoulders. “I think you need a break.”

 

“A break?” He echoes.

 

“Uh-huh, a break.” Baekhyun grins. “Tell Jongdae that I’m going to temporarily replace you for a bit. It’s been a long time since I include myself to the business.” She chuckles softly. “I remember father getting mad for giving up my position to you when I decided to marry Chanyeol.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs. Those were the times when the family was divided for some were supporting Baekhyun’s decision while some were thinking it was a bad idea for marrying someone poor like Chanyeol. Kyungsoo, despite angry at her for giving some position he doesn’t want, still chose his sister’s side in the whole argument. The only reason why he finally agreed was when they found out about their father’s terminal disease.

 

Baekhyun claps her hand, not wanting to relieve the painful memory of their father’s death. “Hey, remember that small cottage we used to go on vacations when we were little?”

 

Of course, Kyungsoo thought. It was the only happy memory he had left before their parents died.

 

Kyungsoo slowly nods. “What about it?”

 

“Why don’t you go and spend a week or two there and rest.” She smiles down on him. “You need it, Soo.” When the younger didn’t respond, she frowns. “If you’re worried about the company, then don’t.” She smiles. “I’ll take care of everything. I promise you when you’re back, all of those companies that backed out of the deal will come back.”

 

Kyungsoo raised his brows. “You do know there are fifteen of them who backed out, right?”

 

Baekhyun smirks. “Oh, please. Stop worrying about that and pack your things. It’s going to be a long trip there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir?”

 

Kyungsoo looks up from where he’s seated on the car to look at his smiling secretary. “What is it, Jongdae? Did I perhaps forget anything?”

 

Jongdae shakes his head and flashes him a grin. “Have a safe trip, sir.”

 

“Ah.” Kyungsoo smiles back.  “Thank you, Jongdae.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a lot of coaxing from her sister, Kyungsoo decided to travel towards this said vacation home by car. That way, according to her, he can enjoy the sights and probably meet new people along the road. Kyungsoo sighs. It still wasn’t a week when he’s back on the market and here his sister was already hinting on getting out there.

 

Kyungsoo’s grip on the wheels tightened.

 

Maybe this trip will help him ease his mind of the issue. The sudden news of his wife – now ex-wife pregnant made him angry upon knowing that his best friend is the father. He was left devastated. He remembers telling Joonmyun in excitement that he wants to have a baby only to just nod in disappointment when Joonmyun told him she wasn’t ready yet.

 

Kyungsoo bitterly smiles.

 

Not ready my .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 48 hours, he finally parked through the driveway, stopping to look at the small cottage in front of him. He chuckles. After all these years, it’s still here. It’s been a long time since he had been here and it was around when his mother was still alive. Ever since she died, his father doesn’t want to come back here because it holds too many memories of his wife. Her passing left them heartbroken after all.

 

Kyungsoo sighs and gets out of the car.

 

The inside was dusty, with the exception of the furniture for they were covered with a white cloth. He coughed once, twice at the smell and the dust after taking one off. He hums. It seems like he’s going to start the day cleaning the place.

 

Checking out the backyard, Kyungsoo grins at the sight of the red swing still standing in the middle despite the tall weeds surrounding it. Then he frowns. It seems like his mother’s flowerbeds aren’t been taken care off. But even then, it seems like they’re blooming properly. He hums. Maybe it’s because it frequently rains here? He doesn’t know.

 

Getting back inside, he rolls his sleeves up until it reaches his elbows and sighed.

 

Time for work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay,” He claps his hands loudly, smiling in accomplishment at the now clean house. He hums in delight when he didn’t find a single speck of dust, not even sparring his father’s massive book collection from the shelves and inside of the trophy cup. And now, he’s trapped on another predicament.

 

“How do I start with this?” He furrowed his brows as he looks at the backyard.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know someone lives here?”

 

Startled, Kyungsoo snaps his head towards the white fence only to squeak in surprise at a person that is looking at him from the other side. He blinks twice, hand on chest.

 

The girl giggles. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

“Oh, no.” Kyungsoo shakes his head. “I was just…” He sighs. “… slightly surprised.”

 

“I’m sorry.” The girl said but it doesn’t sound like she is. “I was just curious. I thought what the kids around the neighborhood tell me is true.”

 

Kyungsoo can’t help but be curious. “That?”

 

“That the place you’re living is haunted.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles upon hearing that. “Ah, I can’t blame them.” He takes a glance to look at the small house behind him. “It’s been years since I last been here.”

 

“Ah, I see.” The girl clicked her tongue and looks around the backyard. “Wow, I can see what you mean.” She then looks back at him. “Do you want a hand? I know a thing or two about gardening, if that helps.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns for a moment, thinking, then he smiled. “That would be lovely.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So,” Kyungsoo looks at the girl, who’s busy on pulling the weeds and dumping them all in a basket. “What’s your name?”

 

As if realizing this for the first time, the girl looks up at him with an alarmed look and then giggles. “Oh, right. I forgot the introductions, silly me.” She stood up so that she was nearly on his level. “Kim Minseok. You?”

 

“Do Kyungsoo.” He said before going back on his task to get this stupid lawn mower to start.

 

Minseok snorts, shaking her head in amusement when Kyungsoo ended up kicking the mower, miraculously getting it to start. Kyungsoo flashes her a smug grin as if saying told you I’d make it work before going back on starting to do his assigned task.

 

“Uh,” Kyungsoo wipes his brow. “How old are you, by the way?”

 

Minseok purses her lips. “I’m 35.”

 

“33.”

 

“Ooh, you don’t look like a man on his thirties to me.”

 

“Same goes for you.” Kyungsoo grins. “You don’t look like a thirty-five.”  

 

“Why, thank you, kind sir.” Minseok giggles. Kyungsoo’s grin widens. “So I take it you aren’t married, yet?”

 

Hearing that, Kyungsoo momentarily stops, stiffening. Minseok must have realized this because her eyes were now wide as saucers. “Oh my, I am so sorry for asking. Uh…”

 

“No, it’s okay.” Kyungsoo waves in dismissal. “I uh –“ He curls his fingers back on the handle. “I just recently got divorced.” He frowns. “Something about my ex getting pregnant by my best friend.”

 

“Oh.” Minseok cringes. “That .”

 

“Tell me about it.” Kyungsoo takes a quick glance on the girl – wait, the woman’s fingers. “What about you? How come you’re not married, yet? Around this age, aren’t girls already settled with a nice beau?”

 

“Ah,” Minseok softly chuckles. “I am married. Well, was. He died from brain cancer.” Kyungsoo’s face fell, suddenly feeling guilty for even asking that. Minseok smiles, though. “But it’s okay. I’ve got Luhan with me so it’s fine.”

 

“Luhan?”

 

“My son. He’s eight.” Minseok smiles. “I’m going to pick him up around five this afternoon.”

 

Kyungsoo perks up. “I’ll take you then.”

 

“Oh, I don’t –“

 

“I insist.” He grins. “Besides, it’s the least I can do after helping me with this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is a very, very quiet kid.

 

“Luhan,” Minseok gently caressed her son’s brown locks. “Meet Kyungsoo. He’s our neighbor.”

 

Kyungsoo waves. “Hi.”

 

Luhan just hid behind his mother’s leg. Minseok chuckles.

 

“He’s usually shy to new people.” She smiles. “He’ll warm up to you eventually.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After pulling up from the driveway in front of the Kim’s house, Kyungsoo was stopped by Minseok, a hand on his shoulder. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide at the sudden touch. “I-I uh… Minseok-sshi? Is there anything you need?”

 

“Would you like to eat dinner here with us?” Minseok smiles, Luhan behind her, still staring in awe at the shiny car like he doesn’t want to part with it. Kyungsoo blinks his eye back to look at the elder. “Take this as a welcome back in the neighborhood, neighbor.” She giggles.

 

“That would be great.” He smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: changed the title || do not complain on what chapters I post. || I remember someone asking for a xiusoo with fem!minseok so I made this || part II will come soon. || do not worry. I will still continue the Baeksoo and the love square. Just wait patiently.