Come In

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Come In

“Please all rise.” The commentator speaks after the kneeling.

We all rise.

The mass is at its peak. I mean, in the middle. I even think it’s about to end.

“Let us link hands as we sing the prayer the Lord taught us.” The priest tells us.

People start linking hands. I look at my seatmate and he is raising his hand already. He his head on the side and he gives me a look.

“Aren’t you going to hold my hand?” He asks.

I smile – sarcastically – and the people at the back chuckles. Why are they doing this to me?!

Kris just shrugs and looks to the front.

I sighed and raise my hand too but I don’t link hands with him. No way. Even inside the Church. No way! High way! North or South Luzon Express Way! In any way!

We start to sing The Lord’s Prayer peacefully. Yes, peacefully.

Not until I feel Kris’ hand holding mine.

I look at him then at our hands but he just shrugs. I scoff quietly and clench my free hand. He’s going over my limit.

I’ve never felt the Lord’s Prayer this long ever in my whole life.

Only with Kris Wu holding my hand. I want to yank my hand away from him but that would cost us attention so, I didn’t dare.

“…Amen.”

I immediately – faster than the lightning – yank my hand away and move a step away from him.

I hear him chuckle and it makes my blood boil. I feel bad because I am inside the Church and all I can feel is remorse for this guy.

I feel so guilty. And bad.

“Let us offer each other a sign of peace.” The priest commands.

People started to offer each other a sign of peace.

I did too. Except with Kris Wu. Duh. No way in hell.

I suddenly felt him pull me close to him. “Peace be with you.” He whispers to my ear then he plants a kiss on my cheek.

My eyes widen in anger as I look at him. “You!” I almost shout at him.

But he just shrugs it off.

He doesn’t even waver.

I take a deep breath. A very very very very deep breath.

Contain it, Ashin. Until the mass ends.

“The mass has ended. Go in peace and spread God’s word.”

“Thanks be to God.”

I will sing forever of your love, O, Lord.

I will celebrate the wonders of your name.

The choir starts to sing after the Benediction and I pull Kris Wu out of the Church.

“Hey, hey, hey!” He tells me as we were far enough from the Church.

I let go of his hand and I pointed a finger on him. He looks at me. Directly in my eyes. Like he did nothing wrong.

“I told you not to flirt with me!” I burst in anger.

He looks at me like I am cracking a joke.

“And if you’re planning to get on my nerves, you just did!” I yell at him.

He stays still and watches me burst out in anger and frustration. Hah! Is he really testing my patience?!

“I’m not trying to get on your nerves. I won’t plan on that.” He tells me.

I look at him. I’m flustered. Flustered in anger.

“And I told you, I’m not flirting with you.” He adds. “Who said I was flirting with you?” He repeats what he said in the bar. I hate it!

I tak

Please log in to read the full chapter