Come What May

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Double Updated! Move one chapter back. :)

---

Chapter 32: Come What May

Two more days.

That was how long I have waited before I get to catch Kris on the phone again. He never called. I was the one who initiated the call.

And I am getting worried by the minute.

When I called him, we talked for less than 10 minutes because he said that he was going to do something – something that he didn’t bother telling me about.

In the movies, when a sweet guy acts like this to you so suddenly, it could only mean two things: he’s planning a surprise for you or he’s up for something you don’t really like.

And I think, in Kris’ case, he’s up for something I don’t want or like to happen. Planning a surprise for a freaking one whole week is long enough. I’m sure he’s not planning for one. Or maybe, it would surprise me in a different way.

I am not dense. I have watched way too many movies and I know that something is up.

I passed by Kingstown today because I had something to give Minhyuk. I couldn’t get to him in their house since he went out too early today, so I had to drop by their school.

He told me he’s in the gym for practice so I went straight to where he is. After all, I have class and I’m almost running late.

I was greeted by the basketball players running from end to end of the court. Minhyuk, however, is sitting on the bench. I called him and he looked at me before running to me.

“You brought it?” He asked me as he reached my spot. I nodded and gave it to him. It’s Gina’s baby pictures. I don’t know what he’ll do with these but he begged me to sneak some from Gina’s house.

He looked into the pictures and chuckled to himself. “She’s so adorable.” He muttered and I rolled my eyes. He looked at me right after. “Oh, Kris is there.” He pointed at Kris practicing with all his heart on the court.

I looked at him and I felt the longing in my heart starting to suffice again. It’s been a week and two days since I saw him. I don’t know why I’m starting to tear up again. Did I miss him this much?

“Aren’t you going to say hi at least?” Minhyuk asked me.

I smiled and shook my head. “I’ll just-“

“Hey, Kris!” Minhyuk abruptly called Kris and now he’s looking my way. He stopped running and walked towards me.

My heart is beating fast with every step that he takes towards me.

Minhyuk chuckled before leaving me and Kris alone. “Thanks again, cousin.” He beamed at me before he ran to the court and started to run with the team.

I smiled at him before facing Kris who pulled me for a hug. He’s sweaty but I didn’t give a damn. I think I missed him so much.

“Don’t you have class?” He asked me.

Right, I was expecting something like, ‘Ashin, do you know how much I missed you?’, ‘I couldn’t practice well because I wasn’t able to see you for 9 days,’ but no. He just asked me if I don’t have class. Nice.

I faked a smile. “I’m actually running late.” I replied in all honesty.

His expression changed. He looked serious. But the thing is: his aura is different right now. “Then, do you want me to drive you to school?” He asked me.

I smiled and shook my head. “No thanks, I brought my car.” I replied.

“Oh,” was all I heard from him. If this was the normal Kris Wu, he would at least insist once but he didn’t. Why do I feel like my Kris is gone?

I sighed and smiled. “I better go.” I told him as I started to walk away. “Bye! See you when I see you.”

Please log in to read the full chapter