The Moment of Truth

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 40: The Moment of Truth

“What are you doing here, Kim Ashin?”

Sehun came from behind me as he walked towards my side.

I am sitting on the bench near the park of the hotel. I couldn’t bear to stay inside. Not when I am on the same table as Kris and Yoonhee and Yoonhee’s literally clinging onto him and I want to stab a fork into . Literally.

So, I had to move out. I’m having some hostility tendencies and I have to control myself from being a total psycho.

“I had to inhale some fresh air and good vibes.” I replied as I looked at the sky. There were no stars unlike what’s in the prediction on the newspaper. Seems like it will rain soon.

Sehun sat beside me and exhaled a deep breath. “It seems quiet here. The perfect place.” He told me.

I smiled and nodded. “Indeed.” I replied. Then there was silence.

I looked at him and his eyes are closed while his arms are crossed across his chest. He looked so solemn and divine when his eyes are closed. No wonder, a lot of girls are attracted to him even though he’s really annoying.

“Don’t stare at me.” He spoke with his eyes closed.

I scoffed and shook my head. Then I faced him. “Why didn’t you change your surname to Jang?” I asked him. I know that they’re stepsiblings but I still don’t get why he didn’t change his surname when their parents got married.

He sighed and was quiet for a while. At first, I thought he didn’t want to talk about it.

“My mom married Noona’s dad when I was 12. Noona’s dad was different from my own dad. Mom was happy with him. I was happy for them. But I was still uncomfortable because I wanted my dad and mom back. So when they asked me if I wanted to change my surname when they got married, I refused.” He started narrating about his life.

“My dad was the best dad in the world. He takes care of us well event though he was all into business and trips around the world. He provided for us. But Mom wasn’t happy. She wanted him to just stay with her, with us. But he didn’t. So they got divorced.”

I almost rolled my eyes at him. Why am I hearing this? I just want to know why he didn’t change his name to Jang. Why is he beating around the bush?

“I had to keep my surname so I could not forget that Mr. Jang is not my dad. Because I am scared that I may act like a bad son to my own father.” He smiled bitterly.

“Why would you feel that way?” I asked him. It doesn’t mean that if he changed surnames, he would be a bad son anyway. And besides, isn’t he bad already? He’s so annoying!

He sighed. “Just…I just feel that way.” He told me. “And besides, I don’t like how Jang Sehun sounds.” He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I kept quiet. Peace and quiet. It’s one of the best things that I need right now. However, when it’s quiet, I have the tendency to overthink. I have the tendency to think of Kris and get lonely again.

“What do you want to be in the future?” He suddenly asked.

I took a deep breath and smiled to the sky. “A doctor.” I replied. “My mom’s a doctor and I want to be like her in the future. A rockstar doctor?” I chuckled.

Sehun gave me a look. “A rockstar…doctor?” He asked in confusion. “That just doesn’t suit it really, Kim Ashin.” He shook his head at me.

I glared at him. “It does!” I insisted. “If it’s me we’re talking about.” I joked.

Sehun looked at me disgustedly before shaking his head yet again. “Don’t get back together with Kris Wu.” He told me. “Ev

Please log in to read the full chapter