Battle of the Bands

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 25: The Battle of the Bands

“Don’t be nervous, Ashin.” Gina cheered on me.

We are at the open arena where the Battle of the Bands will take place. We are a bit early because we wanted to see the set up and inspect the instruments and the sockets on stage.

We really want to win this battle.

This is not the first battle of the bands contest that we joined in but this is the most important for us. If before, we just want to perform, make the public be aware of us and have fun, right now, we are eyeing for first place. Because the prize will be donated on the ALS Foundation and Research Institute.

I took a deep breath and smiled. “I’m fine.” I told her and she gave me a ‘Do you think I don’t know’ look. I knew it. Maybe I was acting a bit uptight again.

“You’re agit, Ashin. It’s obvious.” She chuckled and I rolled my eyes on her.

Why must she present reality to me right now? I at least want her to lie to me and tell me that I look confident and all because that would at least boost my self-esteem and my confidence in times like this. Ugh.

Gina patted my shoulder. “You can do it. I know you will win.” She smiled.

And yes, I felt a bit relieved.

I don’t even know why I am like this. I have a feeling that this isn’t just about the ALS prize. It’s because Kris is going to watch, together with Minhyuk. Well, Minhyuk couldn’t be left behind because Gina would throw a big childish tantrum when that happens.

“Noona!” Jungkook called me

They are at the stage, checking all the equipment to be used.

I excused myself from Gina and walked to the stage. “What’s wrong? Is everything okay?” I asked.

They all nodded.

Jimin smiled and slung his arm around my shoulder. “I think we are going to win this.” He beamed in confidence.

I want to be as confident as he is right now. Because I think I am going crazy right now.

What if I make a mistake?

What if I sing the wrong lyrics?

What if-

“Ashin.” Jin broke me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw them all looking at me. They are eyeing me like they have questions. Yes, their eyes say it.

“I thought you’ve solved the problem with the Wu Guy?” Jin probed.

I nodded. “I did.” I replied. But the problem is, just the mere thought that Kris is coming now is keeping me creeps. I have performed with him in the audience before, so, I don’t know why I am feeling this way right now. I should’ve gotten used to the feeling, right?

But why do I feel worried?

 “Then why are you looking like you just had another fight with him?” Jin pondered.

Jimin and Jungkook looked at me, waiting for my answer.

Why are they so concerned of me these past few days?

“Nothing.” I sighed. “I am just nervous because this is for the foundation and…” My voice trailed. “…because Kris will watch.”

They all looked at me with wide eyes, in disbelief.

“WHAT?!” They all chorused.

I rol

Please log in to read the full chapter